Friendship requested?

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never had it take that long actually; the people I do add are those I actually know and regularly visit the site. But I'd guess I wouldnt wait more then a week or two.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I send a friendship request if we have had a fair amount of cordial interaction on the board.

Maybe I'm just lucky and or I choose my friends with care but it never takes very long to get the request accepted.

I guess I'd wait 2 weeks, but it really does depend on the individual poster, how often they visit the board and if you are sending it during a busy holiday season.

On the other side of the coin I'm normally fairly prompt in either accepting or rejecting any friendship requests.

Last edited:

MrHangman

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't understand the concept of "friends" on here. Maybe it's because I am an outsider to the community or something. But I regularly send and respond to messages with the people I normally talk to. I just don't understand why people send me a friend request without ever talking to me. At first when I first made an account I would accept them, but now I just don't even pay attention to them. I wonder if I have actual friends in there who I have been neglecting. But they never mentioned it to me in PM, so I never thought it was an actual issue.

Attachments

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I have never retracted a friend request, though I've had to remove friends before.

I never get friend requests anymore. They pretty much died out as soon as I took down pics and set my gender/preference to 100% straight male. I wonder why!

D

deleted3782

It depends for me. If we were once friends (communicated on a regular basis) I am more lenient and might never defriend. If someone I have never communicated with asks to be a friend (and I accept) and I never hear from them again, I might unfriend as a part of periodic culling.