Geneology

The best I can hope for (as far as I know) is a former rapper and underwear model. :redface:

Well, I'd rather suck Mark Wahlberg's dick (even though that's a stunt dick at the end of 'Boogie Nights', he said so, but I have heard he used to jack off at Hollywood clubs a few years ago, when that was fashionable, and I want to do that too--at a restaurant) than the Queen's...one of her few drawbacks...although I remember in a PBS docu about 1993 she was at Sandringham and all of a sudden we see the camera on 'Sandringham Stud', and she said 'now that's MY job..' Shit! I bet she is even able to be discreet about all the magnificent dick she gets to sniff back there. I'd do MUCH more. I'm sure she'd think that's unseemly of me but pah-don me f'livin'...yes, I'd suck a real horse...have wanted to for years, but last summer one of the Central Park hansom-cab guys saw me cruising his horse who had this big hard-on...and he KNEW what I was up to...but you go straight to jail..I'm sure Mrs. Windsor has never entertained such thoughts...after all, she's God's gift to twat....
 
That shit is hilarious!!! 27th and 22nd cousins once removed, Daniel Boone, Ben Franklin. I usually find that most people's genealogies are filled with errors and are more based on self importance than actual facts. You guys might want to do some more unbiased research into the subject... 27th and 22nd cousins once removed is laughable. You guys might be legit, but the chances are not in your favor... most everyone that lives in the U.S. are descended from ordinary serfs and common folk.

Actually you may be surprised that you're incorrect. This is from Wikipedia. From the 380 plus KNOWN descendants who immigrated to America, it is estimated that 150 million of us are descended from one of them. So theroretically, half of the US is descended from royalty. Now, I'm not saying that this really means anything special - we are not going to be called on like John Goodman (King Ralph) to fill in if the Royal families of Europe should all be blown up or anything. It's just fun. :biggrin1:

Royal descent is common among residents of the United States. It has been estimated that probably as many as 150 million Americans (half of the population) have traceable royal European descent.[7] More than half of the Presidents of the United States (27 of 42) have had a traceable royal descent or a wife with a traceable royal descent.[8] According to American genealogist Gary Boyd Roberts, an expert on royal descent, most Americans with significant New England Yankee, Mid-Atlantic Quaker, or Southern Planter ancestry are descended from medieval kings, especially those of England, Scotland, and France. Some Americans may have royal descents through German immigrants who had an illegitimate descent from German royalty.[9]​
Due to primogeniture, many colonists of high social status were younger children of English aristocratic families who came to America looking for land because, given their birth order, they could not inherit. Many of these immigrants maintained high standing where they settled. They could often claim royal descent through a female line or illegitimate descent. Many Americans descend from these 17th-century British colonists who had royal descent. There were at least 650 colonists with traceable royal ancestry[10][11], and 387 left descendants in America (almost always numbering many thousands, and some as many as one million).[10] These colonists with royal descent settled in every state, but a large majority lived in Massachusetts or Virginia.[10] Several families, who settled in those states, over the two hundred years or more since the colonial land grants, interwinded their branches to the point that almost everyone was somehow related to everyone else. One writer observed, "like a tangle of fish hooks" [12].​
Over time, opposing factors have affected the percentage of Americans who have provable royal descent. The passage of the generations has further intermingled the ancestry of the English colonists' descendants, thus increasing the percentage who descend from one of the immigrants with royal ancestry. At the same time, however, waves of post-colonial immigrants from other countries decreased the percentage who have royal descent.​
The Medieval Genealogy Society sites this reference: Frequently Asked Questions for soc.genealogy.medieval

In The Royal Descents of 500 Immigrants, Roberts includes almost 350 colonial American immigrants with royal ancestry. These immigrants (pp. xiv, ff.):
​
"left sizable, often huge, progenies...These 350 are a large enough group so that living Americans with 50-100 colonial immigrant ancestors in New England (or Long Island), in Quaker (but not German or Scots-Irish) Pennsylvania, or in the Tidewater South (but often not the Piedmont, Shenandoah Valley, or mountainous 'backcountry') can expect to find a royally descended forebear."​

Of these 350 immigrants, 167 left ten or more descendants treated in the Dictionary of American Biography. In the New England Historic Genealogical Society newsletter NEXUS, June-September 1994, Roberts says (p. 104) that 100 million is very likely quite a conservative estimate of the number of American descendants of these 167.​
 
I just thought of some of the folks I can PROVE I'm descended from (still nobody famous) but...

Thomas Ballard - a wealthy planter who's land is now the site of the College of William and Mary - they even found the house ruins on campus a few years back

William McGehee - lived near Thomas Jefferson, signed the Albemarle Co Dec. of Independence, and helped roof Monticello (mentioned somewhere in the TJ papers)

Joseph Swope - he was captured by Indians as a child. His brother is considered to have been the first white child born in today southern WV

This stuff means more to me than that royalty crap - it's still cool though. I get to say I'm descended from several men who fought in the Rev War (most of them lowly privates who had an $87 a year pension).

Sugar
 
well we're all related somehow. every person on teh planet. my last name is richardson so my ancestors were prolly slaves of someone named richard. and i got the same birthday as dave chappelle, yasser arafat, mike huckabee, and cal ripken junior
 
/And Tripod, being a direct descendant of Ben Franklin is no great rarity. He was rather prolific in at least three countries on two continents. Most of us are related to him through bastard children (as is my case, most certainly). When I was told that we were related to him, (my mother's maiden name was Franklin actually) I was told with a sly sort of wink and an explanation that we were among thousands who had this in common in at least three countries on two different continents. So, it wasn't anything to be puffed up about. It's just an interesting factoid told amongst family members that makes for interesting banter at the occasional cocktail party. It carries with it absolutely no importance to us in our daily lives. We usually laugh about it because Ben Franklin's proclivities toward massive pro-creation are legendary (and true!).
 
/And Tripod, being a direct descendant of Ben Franklin is no great rarity. He was rather prolific in at least three countries on two continents. Most of us are related to him through bastard children (as is my case, most certainly). When I was told that we were related to him, (my mother's maiden name was Franklin actually) I was told with a sly sort of wink and an explanation that we were among thousands who had this in common in at least three countries on two different continents. So, it wasn't anything to be puffed up about. It's just an interesting factoid told amongst family members that makes for interesting banter at the occasional cocktail party. It carries with it absolutely no importance to us in our daily lives. We usually laugh about it because Ben Franklin's proclivities toward massive pro-creation are legendary (and true!).

Do you get to collect any royalties on electricity?
 
Amusing/interesting AP story today on tracing the bloodlines of the 3 Presidential candidates.

The Associated Press: Obama Related to Pitt, Clinton to Jolie

Anybody have someone notable in their distant family trees that they know of?

I'm too much of a math moron to figure out sixth cousins once removed, though from what I understand I'm 3rd or 4th cousins with Mark Wahlberg and have some blood-connection to South American revolutionary Bernardo O'Higgins. Go me!

I am related to Aaron Burr, Rev. Aaron Burr Sr (who was president of what is now Princeton University) as well as Joseph Wadsworth who placed the charter in the Charter Oak. I am also descended from John and Priscilla (Mullins) Alden that came here on the Mayflower. I am sure there are several other names in my family genealogy that would have meaning in religious history but off the top of my head I just can't think of the names at the moment.

Many of my family members were significant pioneers and set up communities and churches. Several lines of mine came to the county I live in in 1832 and many decedents still live here today. Several Traveled the Oregon Trail. I am lucky enough to have family artifacts to go along with the stories. I have drawers of glass negatives of the settling and setting up of many communities in the area I live. As well as centuries old Bibles, a lead plate that parts were melted off to make bullets during the Revolutionary War. So many interesting things, well I think. I also have thousands of letters, copies of deeds of where people lived on the East Coast, a copy of a letter of commendation from George Washington, decorating someone from our family, during the Revolutionary War.

I inherited the position of family historian and keeper of documents after my father passed away. When I am well I will put it all on a disk. I would eventually like to publish a book on life as a pioneer based on the thousands of letters I have.

In fact, the bed I sleep in was my 5 great grandmothers as a wedding present from her husband. It was common for men and women to sleep in separate rooms back then. My mom's house looks like a museum with all the antiques, more than 70 percent of the items belonged to a different generation in our family.

My historical roots are based from Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland, and Germany. I am very proud of most of my families contributions to settling this country. I feel very blessed that each generation has had a record keeper to keep accurate information so I can find the original copies of documents if I need. One day, I hope to have a project room just to house an area for me to work on getting all of this information on a computer and documenting photos/paperwork so that generations to come have the information.
 
I'm related to Donald Trump on my mother's side. My grandad and his mother were second cousins. Shame it's not a close family.

The other side of the family boasts John Wayne.

Other than that, there's no-one really famous unless you go back to the 13th century and Olaf the Black. Mind you, there was one lively period when one of my dad's ancestors confessed on his death bed that he was the father of his boss's youngest son. That kicked off a bit of a feud. Out of interest, the illegitimate boy managed to bump off his older brothers and inherited the title and then proceeded to try to take out everyone else on his real father's side. Nice bloke, eh?
 
/And Tripod, being a direct descendant of Ben Franklin is no great rarity. He was rather prolific in at least three countries on two continents. Most of us are related to him through bastard children (as is my case, most certainly). When I was told that we were related to him, (my mother's maiden name was Franklin actually) I was told with a sly sort of wink and an explanation that we were among thousands who had this in common in at least three countries on two different continents. So, it wasn't anything to be puffed up about. It's just an interesting factoid told amongst family members that makes for interesting banter at the occasional cocktail party. It carries with it absolutely no importance to us in our daily lives. We usually laugh about it because Ben Franklin's proclivities toward massive pro-creation are legendary (and true!).

LOL - I really had no idea about old Ben's .... ahem ... extracurricular activities!
 
I am related to Aaron Burr, Rev. Aaron Burr Sr (who was president of what is now Princeton University) as well as Joseph Wadsworth who placed the charter in the Charter Oak. I am also descended from John and Priscilla (Mullins) Alden that came here on the Mayflower. I am sure there are several other names in my family genealogy that would have meaning in religious history but off the top of my head I just can't think of the names at the moment.

Many of my family members were significant pioneers and set up communities and churches. Several lines of mine came to the county I live in in 1832 and many decedents still live here today. Several Traveled the Oregon Trail. I am lucky enough to have family artifacts to go along with the stories. I have drawers of glass negatives of the settling and setting up of many communities in the area I live. As well as centuries old Bibles, a lead plate that parts were melted off to make bullets during the Revolutionary War. So many interesting things, well I think. I also have thousands of letters, copies of deeds of where people lived on the East Coast, a copy of a letter of commendation from George Washington, decorating someone from our family, during the Revolutionary War.

I inherited the position of family historian and keeper of documents after my father passed away. When I am well I will put it all on a disk. I would eventually like to publish a book on life as a pioneer based on the thousands of letters I have.

In fact, the bed I sleep in was my 5 great grandmothers as a wedding present from her husband. It was common for men and women to sleep in separate rooms back then. My mom's house looks like a museum with all the antiques, more than 70 percent of the items belonged to a different generation in our family.

My historical roots are based from Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland, and Germany. I am very proud of most of my families contributions to settling this country. I feel very blessed that each generation has had a record keeper to keep accurate information so I can find the original copies of documents if I need. One day, I hope to have a project room just to house an area for me to work on getting all of this information on a computer and documenting photos/paperwork so that generations to come have the information.

That's sooo cool about your Mayflower ancestor! :smile: I've never researched it - I'm just trying to go backwards from who I know are my ancestors, but I reallly doubt I have a Mayflower ancestor (just like I know I'm not descended from a signer of the Declaration of Independence).

I'm like you - mostly English, Scotch/Irish, and German. I have a few French/Dutch surnames. Surprisingly, most of my Dad's ancestors were from PA - many of whom were Quaker. One of my branches came over on William Penn's fleet. My mother's ancestors settled in VA - some from the Tidewater area, but most came up the Shenandoah Valley. Needless to say, I've become a semi-expert on Virginia genealogy. We should compare notes someday!!!

Also, I'm sooooo jealous that you actually have handed down antiques and Rev War relics. We have nothing - I only have a table from my gggrandmother and a dish from one of my ggrandmothers.

Sugar
 
thanks sugar,

I don't know who every piece belonged to from like the revolutionary war plate belonged to. Most of the Bibles have names in them and other information written on the inside pages such as who it belonged to and who it was passed to. I want to get all of the stuff photographed and cataloged as to what piece belonged to whom. Some of it I have no clue who it belonged to like and old type hearing aid it looks like a can with holes, then on the other side it narrows to a thin pipe like thing that goes into the ear. Lots of interesting things and I won't ever know the whole story.

Other family members are finally getting into it and asking me for the information kind of pressuring me to work on it but until I feel better and have the space to do it. I can't won't do it. I got joy out of doing it for a term paper in HS. I found two more lines that my dad had never been able to find more information on. I have one distant cousin on my dad's side that is really pressing me for info. I have pictures of his 4rh great grandfather. I have scanned and send him copies of all the stuff that is in the house. But he is wanting me to go through and see if I can find more on the glass negatives. There are probably 6,000 of them at least and I don't have the energy or money to go through and process all of them. Seriously, there are 12 file cabinet drawers full of this stuff.

My stuff from my grandparents and great grandparents is worth the most to me because I have learned the stories. That is one reason that taking care of grandma was great because I got to hear stories about her great grandparents and such. I have taken the time to listen since I was very young. My grandmother and great grandmother use to china paint. I have many things that were painted (will get when I have a place to put them).

But I could take you out to the cemetery my dad is buried in and show you where the grave of my 6th great grandmother is. I just think those of you who have the chance and get along with your family. Get as much info as you can from your family members that are living, they are a valuable resource. My grandpa died 3 weeks ago today, and I will miss his stories of growing up!

This topic is one of my favorite. I look forward to when I can feel well enough to do this on a regular basis. I grew up around a house of primarily antiques. We use all the furniture. My parents believe why have it if you are just going to keep it put away in a box! My son is growing up knowing "decorations" are not to be touched so he respects them and he questions their stories.
 
wow.
I just stumbled across the site and I've already found family!
We haven't found anyone of note on dad's side.
My mother's side reaches back to Richard III (only child by Official Concubine) and then back on to Roman Times.

I've got Elvis by marriage, too, as well as John Wayne!
A Mayflower lander (William T...?), four presidents (even if one was set up by Papa), four first ladies, 6? signers of Declaration of Independence, numerous other politicos and other robbers, any number of famous artisans (writers, painters, musicians) on several continents.
and that's all from mom's maternal grandmother!

Her paternal grandmother was a 1gen American whose parents fled their hof in Alsace-Larraine (sp?) after her father witnessed something he shouldn't have. Either leave the country or die, situation. The family hof is now a museum. We would LOVE to visit someday!
 
I've only being doing some genealogy research in my spare time to study my family history but so far I'm only as far back as 1653. Nothing major in my family past other than one of my great aunts (on my mother's side) who married a member of the German nazi party. If my father's side of the family knew this then they would not have allowed the marriage to go ahead. :wink:
 
I love the way so many Americans swear they are related to European Royalty. It really makes me chuckle. I think theres some suppressed, deep-down psychological wish there that you had a monarchy.

(I'm really suprised no-ones mentioned the Russian Royals yet. No wanabe long lost grand children of Anastasia around??) Hahaha