Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Looking for something petroleum based that is:
1. more viscous than baby oil
2. less viscous than petroleum jelly
3. safe
4. inexpensive

This is for masturbation, so latex incompatibility isn't a concern. I like thicker water based lubes (like Maximus) and silicon lube, but that stuff gets expensive if you use a lot of it.

Elngyn

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Use JO brand premium silicon verry good not insanely expensive good all around and condom safe as well so in the case that your just jacking with it it becomes a two for, for you.

D_Bubba_Butter

Account Disabled
Media
Have you tried mixing baby oil & petroleum jelly together to make it more... squicky is the word that came into my head, and as I don't have a better alternative at hand, that's what you're getting.

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Good idea; I'll give the olive oil a shot. I shouldn't have been so picky about petroleum based. Vegetable base is fine. All I really wanted to do was avoid sex specific lubes because they are expensive.

As to the silicon suggestions - do any of the brands suggested come even close on a $/oz basis to olive oil? I'm guessing not. I have silicon lube and love it for sex, but for just jacking it, it's a bit pricey.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
coconut oil or palm oil shortening, both are semi-solid at room temp.
will good nicely sliptastic from body heat.

if you want you can blend coconut/palm oil with grape seed, olive oil or something like brown rice oil to make a squitchy-sloopy JO lube.

bonus, is great for ya skin, won't irritate any of more sensitive parts of ya peen.
some petroleum based lubes can be unfriendly to ya urethra.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Olive oil is also a carrier oil. It smells good, tastes good, holds heat nicely (it's a small thing, but that's what life is made of, no?), will soak in to the skin, and it'll nourish it too. Even better: You're not dousing your dick with any crazy synthetic chemicals. The only caveat is that it can be a bitch to get out of the sheets.

I don't often use lube, but when I do it's always a nice, organic olive oil.