Growing a Beard

BigMuscledNick

Experimental Member
Media
I'm thinking about growing a beard, should I do it? Is it cool? I get a 5 o'clock shadow by day's end, how long do you think it would take me to grow a full beard? I'm not talking really thick, i'm talking like a beard that covers my face.

deepthroatbear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sounds as if you could have a good Hollywood Scruff look by the end of a week, with a defined beard that says you haven't just forgotten to shave within two. Full beard would take a bit longer, depending on the length.

And be sure to moisturize, as you would with your scalp hair.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unless the scruffiness would be a problem at work or with your significant other, I say go for it. I think the main thing is to give it at least three weeks to figure out how it will look. Even if you don't intend to wear a longer beard at all, it often takes that long for some of the half-peach-fuzz kind of hairs to grow in and fill in the gaps. Before that it might look sparser than it will eventually.

At least that's my experience.

kingston8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Full Beard are back in style. Do it, I have been grooming mine for a while now. Which I go with a cut a month, but have to been neat for the job. Well they have no prohibit again beard, just keep it neat.

blackbottom2

Expert Member
Media
Beards invoke some strange emotional reactions

Some people are absolutely scared of them and they can be officially classified as having a beard phobia (more often women than men) these people can be covertly and sometimes openly nasty and some will totally ignore you.

At the other end of the spectrum some people love them and cant get enough of them and wil go out of the way for you whereas if you did not have a beard it would often be differant

I know I have experienced both but I wll say, I have had more and better sex since I have grown a full beard . In general most of the time I get treated with more respect.

I think guys with a full beard look so sexy to touch feel and smell to the extent now where I feel a guy without a beard or at least heavy stubble to be lacking something that to me makes him attractive

You absolutely have to try it and live with a thick full beard for 6/9 months or so at least and I guarantee you will love it and in general love the reaction you get from most people who in general will be more favourable

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Heavy stubble, like 1/4 to 1/2", is a very in look right now, especially with very short hair. It takes me 2-3 days to grow it out. The hardest thing is maintaining it at that length. I don't have a trimmer, so I have to keep shaving it off and growing it back. There can be a bit of redness when shaving after five days of growing it out.

Cockzilla

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just do it. These faggoty comments are gay and meaningless. They don't know what your facial hair is really like or isn't. You want to grow facial hair? Do it. Not rocket science. That's a rite of passage right there, learning that you can, or can't, and that it's no reason to throw a parade.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can usually go from a smooth face to a decent, short beard in about 10 days. I have only shaved my beard off a couple of times which was because of trimming errors. Drink lots of milk I think it speeds things up.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Be sure to continue shaving your neck. For at least a week, this will be the only thing to indicate to people that you are growing a beard and are not just a hobo or a slob.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just do it. These faggoty comments are gay and meaningless. They don't know what your facial hair is really like or isn't. You want to grow facial hair? Do it. Not rocket science. That's a rite of passage right there, learning that you can, or can't, and that it's no reason to throw a parade.

:261: :confused:

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Be sure to continue shaving your neck. For at least a week, this will be the only thing to indicate to people that you are growing a beard and are not just a hobo or a slob.

Unless you're European, in which case you can apparently get away with an all-over three-week beard with no consequences. (I'm looking at you, Pau Gasol.) What's with that?

closetfreak

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do it and give it time to grow in. On the flip side, if it looks like shit you need to shave it off. Patchy, stringy hair makes it look like you cut off your pubes and glued them to your face.

RalDudeHangin

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I got tired of shaving the 5 o'clock shadow. With my light skin and dark beard, I def need to shave at least every day. I finally gave in and started going scruffy. I shave once, maybe twice a week. If I travel to meet clients, I'll shave daily when I'm onsite, otherwise I let it grow out for days at a time.

Bonus for me: I was using an electric razao (and still do if I have to shave daily) but a razor is much easier to deal with shaving a scruffy. My skin feels much better. Makes me woner why I used an electric razor to begin with... well it is a little more convenient but now that I've gotten back into the groove of shaving, it doesn't take long at all if I do it immediately after a shower.

D_Hillary_Clitton

Account Disabled
Media
I love facial hair, but only when kept well trimmed. Most men I know have to get a beard trimmer because when it grows passed a certain point, it gets very itchy. So just be warned of that. Long beards are a HUGE turn off in my opinion, they look unkempt and scruffy. My BF had a beard about 5 years ago before we started dating, and I saw some pictures of him with the beard at his parents place, after that I spent A LOT of time trying to convince him to grow one again. He finally did, he has had it for about 2 months, and he looks SO SEXY with it, I love it. And he likes it, too! It didn't take him too long to grow fully, about 2 weeks or so, but he is a fairly hairy guy.