Guys cut at birth for non-religious, non-medical reasons, did you ever ask your parents why?

figgnewton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My dad was uncut and had nothing but problems with it growing up. Not sure what problems, but enough of it to have his 3 sons circ'd based on his experience. And surprisingly now, I just found out he got circ'd himself finally in his 70s.

I have nothing to complain about though, I love being circ'd.
I believe prior to the 20th century that was the custom do to for cleanliness. People didn't bath like we do now. I worked with a guy at the time I was in my 30's and he was in his 50's he up told me he got circumcised in his 40s due to issues of the foreskin being to thick. He said it hurt when he had it done but once healed his sex life was far better. When my boys were born I was told there would be no issue and therefore they weren't circumcised. I'm not a doctor but I guess every Dick is different in respect to the foreskin, maybe too thick or too much. It's there for a reason but I guess there can be issues. I'm circumcised and I wouldn't know if it would be better with or without. All these years been ok by me and no woman ever said to me they prefer one over the other.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never asked, but when I was in my early 20s, having a conversation about something completely else, my mother suddenly had an outburst of guilt, and brought up the subject. She said what I well knew, that at the time and place I was born (US northeast around 1960) it was just automatic. I tried to return to the original conversation, but she wasn't done. The part I remember best was "And I was surprised, you were delivered in a Catholic hospital, but they had a real mohel, an actual rabbi, do it!" "Yes mother, he did a very nice job. Now as we were discussing..."

Wildman2015

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I didn’t ask because everyone in the family was cut and most of the other boys at school were cut. That’s how common it was in the 70s. Seeing an uncut penis in the locker room was extremely rare, and I actually looked at those guys like they were the exception. By the time I learned differently, I didn’t care enough to ask my parents why. I assume the doctor told my mother it was the right thing to do.

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I didn’t ask because everyone in the family was cut and most of the other boys at school were cut. That’s how common it was in the 70s. Seeing an uncut penis in the locker room was extremely rare, and I actually looked at those guys like they were the exception. By the time I learned differently, I didn’t care enough to ask my parents why. I assume the doctor told my mother it was the right thing to do.
That’s what put doctor told us. “Cleaner, no infections no cancer look like dad and his friends and “last longer wink wink”. I said doc a boy will wash his cock until the hot water runs out like you did…

caffeinated

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My parents said they thought is was more hygienic; plus, my father was cut, so it just seemed like the thing to do. I'm totally fine with it.

We chose to not circumcise our two sons...not that we felt strongly one way or the other. But, just BECAUSE we didn't feel strongly, we elected to just not do it. Our pediatrician discussed hygiene. I have seen studies about decreased risk of HIV and HPV in circumcised men. But, all our kids are getting vaccinated against HPV!

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
W
My parents said they thought is was more hygienic; plus, my father was cut, so it just seemed like the thing to do. I'm totally fine with it.

We chose to not circumcise our two sons...not that we felt strongly one way or the other. But, just BECAUSE we didn't feel strongly, we elected to just not do it. Our pediatrician discussed hygiene. I have seen studies about decreased risk of HIV and HPV in circumcised men. But, all our kids are getting vaccinated against HPV!
we kept son intact despise Pediatrician pushing to circ. If circ prevented much then how come USA has a high circ rate and high HIV and aids and HPV. condom is the way to to. Guys say oh it feels like fucking through a blanket. I’ve never known a guy to say man I wish I could cum faster.

caffeinated

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My understanding is Africa has a much higher HIV rate, which us why circumcision is being promoted there. HPV rates overall are very high, and condoms only do so much for that for men, and vaccination is more important.
We have discussed the importance of condoms with out sons, but having used condoms, I'm also realistic.
FWIW, our pediatrician was also fairly agnostic about circumcision.

ILoveGames48

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I got my four boys cut / circumcised not just because I thought it be better for them ( also my wife- now my ex.. said they were going to be it’s just a good thing we both agreed)

I know things can still happen like getting penis caught in a zipper but with the extra foreskin the chances of it happening more..

Then I’ve lived all these years and been with a few guys and I’ve never seen an uncut guy..

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So if you’re a circumcised guy from birth, and it’s not for an obvious reason (such as being Jewish/Muslim or having an issue with your foreskin that made it a medical recommendation), did you ever ask your parents why they decided to circumcise you?

A lot of (culturally) Christian families (or families that practice any faith or no faith other than Judaism/Islam) in the USA (and I think Canada too) circumcise their boys at birth, but don’t seem to have a strong reason to do so; it’s kind of just what they’re “supposed” to do, or so they think.
You assume the only medical reason for circumcision was "an issue with your foreskin that made it a medical recommendation". At one time there was a major medical reason for circumcision -- and probably still is -- although conditions and medicines (antibiotics) may make it not so imperative.

Circumcision became widely practiced in the United States during World War I and, to a somewhat less extent during World War II. It had long been observed that Jewish boys with the same level of sexual activity had a much lower incidence of venereal disease and it had long been felt that this was due to their practice of circumcision. So circumcision was greatly "encouraged" as a prophylactic for the young doughboys heading off to the wicked wilds of Paree.

I presume that the practice once established became standard practice in the U.S. There did seem to be a social/economic and geographical split. Babies from lower economic classes and rural areas (where home births were still common) were less likely to be circumcised. Immigrant children (like Mexicans) also were more likely to be uncircumcised, probably for economic and social/cultural reasons. Blacks tended to mirror the practice of the broader community. Although circumcision is not as prevalent in the UK, it too shows a social and economic split. For instance, the royal family have typically been circumcised, although it was said that Princess Diana had kept William and Harry intact. This rumor was scotched in Prince Harry's book "Spare"; au contraire, the two were circumcised at birth.

The idea was not so outlandish as some may believe. During the worldwide AIDS epidemic, there was overwhelming evidence of its effectiveness in reducing the incidence of AIDS in Africa. Africa has a large Muslim population, who, like Jews, practice circumcision. When the areas of high incidence were mapped, they clearly aligned with the populations who did not practice circumcision; the Muslim areas showed showed lower incidence. The situation was accentuated greatly in Africa vs the U.S.A. and Europe because of the greater prevalence of male sexual promiscuity in their culture.

I'm glad I was circumcised because (1) most guys I knew were and (2) most women seem to like it that way (or at least those who've expressed a preference). Both my wives have said they avoid oral sex with men who are uncut. My wife said she could always tell whether a guy was uncut or not. I asked how. She said the uncut always hit the bathroom right away to scrub up in preparation.

Last edited:

theaveragedude

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Never asked, but my father being born in Germany (non Jewish) was uncut. I think my parents decided for health reasons and seeing how it was a popular thing to do in the US in the late 60’s, They went ahead and had it done. I think the doctor did a fine job. Not too tight! (Just check out my profile :imp:;))

Reactions: Mossy_Man

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I’m trying to wrap my head around the posts tying higher hiv rates to uncircumcised??!! Imho that is a singularly stupid connect
most Men USA are cut yet there’s a lot of HIV. It can’t be that most of the HIV are uncut.

Reactions: jackthrwn