Happy Early Birthday Mama..errrr... Cass Elliot!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cass was really almost one of a kind. A great pop singer, a balladeer and performer. As a little kid I remember watching her tv summer series. I don't really have any live memories of her w/the group just her solo stuff. Anyway a happy, happy to Cass in Heaven! She was really something!

Last edited:

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Cass was really almost one of a kind. A great pop singer, a balladeer and performer. As a little kid I remember watching her tv summer series. I don't really have any live memories of her w/the group just her solo stuff. Anyway a happy, happy to Cass in Heaven! She was really something!

Thanks for jogging my memory Hells. I loved her voice. As an ancient folk, I remember her from her M&P days. I became a fan of them based on her voice. She didn't often sing lead early on, but her background vocals and harmonies were a major component of what made them so good.

She had a wonderful, unique voice. I think of her in the same way I think of Mary Travers. PP&M were great in large part to Mary's vocals, whether in the lead or in the background harmonizing.

Thanks again for the trip down Memory Lane.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was born after she died but as a plus size woman I have always admired her style.

I think that was one of the best things about Cass besides her voice. In the age of Twiggy she became a superstar and seemed to be ok w/her size (except for the part in the docu where she lost over a 100 lbs). Even having her kid, it was private and she kept it that way. She was great.

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Another of her great songs was "You've Got To Make Your Own Kind Of Music". I do remember the Mamas and the Pappas and yes their music was great. When she went on her own I use to watch her on American Band Stand. Great voice and a great lady.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What a beautiful tribute and remembrance, she was taken too soon, at least the music lives on.