Height Difference? Dating Advice

Xyzor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a Gay male and have been seeing a boy remotely via zoom dates for the past few weeks. Everything has been going well and we're going to finally meet in a few weeks. There's just one potential problem - a height difference.

I'm 5'7 and he's anywhere from 5'10 to 6'1. He does not know (although he does see my instagram pictures?) how short I am. I'm worried that he'll be turned off and disengage once he finds out. Don't want him to be caught by surprise when we meet but am also afraid of sounding insecure in bringing this up beforehand. In fact, he complimented me the other day saying "you are so confident and it's really attractive."

Do gay men care about height? If it matters, I'm a more masculine top and (I think) he's a bottom, but do not know for sure.

How should I handle this? Should I bring it up?

lttle1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you really want to warn him, you could just say something like, "By the way, I'm 5'7". How tall are you?" That wouldn't sound insecure, just curious. And yes, tall and short guys pair up, in all combinations of top, bottom, versatile.

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can't imagine height being an issue. I love tall women (I'm 6 foot). But I married one who is just 5 foot <ggg>. And for my bi side... Shorter guys are hot. Don't know why... And I would be more of a bottom if it happened.

Tight_End_SC

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
When I was in my 20's and early 30's it may have been an issue if the difference between our heights was substantial. At this point I can honestly say deeper traits of the other person (i.e., attitude, mental stability, and other aspects related to personalitiy) matter much more. Hey, when you're next to each other in bed, the spooning may be feel better if there is a height variance.

Reactions: TouchMeHere

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am 6'2" and I've always dated guys shorter than me. I dated a guy for a while that was much shorter than me, he was 5'6". The height difference was never an issue and it never bothered either one of us. We did have a few people who would mention it as a joke, but we would just laugh and change the subject. There are many things that I consider more important in a guy than his height. I do like tall guys, but I have never dated anybody my height. I would always be single if I waited for a tall to show up.

TouchMeHere

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm barely 5'6" on a good day and of slender stature. I mostly agree with what other guys have said but it's also true that I can find large men to be somewhat intimidating, or maybe it's overwhelming. There can just be too much person taking up too much space.

The best "gay-ish" relationship I've had was with a guy my same size, he was about 5'5" and thin. I also once dated a woman for a year who was 5'10."

I'm with a woman now who's 5'1" but if I dated a guy, all things being equal (which they never are) I'd prefer my same size. It all depends on the person though.

Remember you are the same height in bed. My mate he’s 6ft 7” and his boyfriend is 5ft 5” they been together 2-3yrs and great time.

Reactions: Go08ro08 and lttle1

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
This reminds of conversations that I have had with clients during my gigolo days. I was curious about those physical attributes I had that made them want to pay for sex with me.

Although this is a few decades old, here is the approximate list in order as I remember it:
1.) Attractive face;
2.) Youth;
3.) Physique;
4.) Penis size;
5.) Manners;
6.) Ability to hold an intelligent conversation.

I am 6ft2, although no paying client ever praised me for my height.