homophobes..

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just heard these gay-bashing guys yesterday night that had me laughing in regards to a guy who was flamboyantly dressed (he looked like a left-over from an 80's glam-rock band) making out with a woman... and the funniest thing they said was that "The goddamned gays are stealing our women".

This came from guys who 1 had a high-end sports car, the other an over-sized SUV... BOTH parking in the handicapped spots. Both masters of douchebaggery.
Both, I'd guess with sub-par intellect, and probably willing to back it up with a tire-iron.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for passing that on
So they still exist in minority quantities huh?
I know cant blame parenting/media or whatever for there behaviour
but overall, there LOSS
enz

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yep, homophobia in a very blatant form from your story. But I think it exists everywhere, even on this website. The homophobes on here are more clever in that they disguise their hatred in subtle forms of heterosexual privilege. In fact you can check out several threads in this very forum down the page. The hardest forms to recognize are those who blame gays for the backlash against straight male superiority.

coveryerteeth

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yep, homophobia in a very blatant form from your story. But I think it exists everywhere, even on this website. The homophobes on here are more clever in that they disguise their hatred in subtle forms of heterosexual privilege. In fact you can check out several threads in this very forum down the page. The hardest forms to recognize are those who blame gays for the backlash against straight male superiority.

Word.

Wordy McWord.

Covered in Word-sauce.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Homophobia is an internalized self-loathing based on the fear and/or knowledge that the homophobe himself is at least capable of same-sex attraction.

When they act out, they're projecting a punishment onto others that they, themselves, feel should be applied to them instead.

Of course, that doesn't make it any less douchey.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Then they got so upset they had to leave. One of them said, "Hey, you should come over to my house and spend the night." The other said, "Yeah, but you only have a single bed." The first one replied, "We can sleep together. It is just us straight guys." So they agreed and spent the night sucking each others tiny little man meat.

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recall when I was in college that every gay person I knew used the word "homophobe" maybe ten or twenty times a day. At some point I realized that this was a way for these young men to blame their problems on somebody else, which is not at all uncommon among young men. The problem is as that the term is condemning in the same way the term "racist" is condemning, and it got to the point where a straight guy wouldn't want to be near gay men because it was only a matter of time until he was called a "homophobe". It's the same everywhere. All you have to do is sit and have your lunch in the same room with a group of people unlike yourself, and you will eventually have to deal with it. You don't even have to bring it up. THEY will bring it up, and if you don't spout their "party line" the first time you are asked...you are a "homophobe" (or a racist, sexist, etc.) Some poor slob will probably try to label me a homophobe for writing this, which is absurd, but that's the chance you take hanging with a group of people whose sensibilities are unlike you own, regardless of how little you care about your differences.
My advice is to own your own problems.

coveryerteeth

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My advice is to own your own problems.

Well, your advice to anyone except homophobes, apparently.

This reminds me of the judge in Louisiana, last year, that made headlines for refusing to marry interracial couples. His claim was, "I'm not racist. I just don't think it's right."

The problem with bigotry, Wrat, is that it's so insidious a lot of people don't even realize they're guilty of it until their beliefs on the matter are challenged.

SR_Ethan Hunke

Just Browsing
Media
I cannot wrap my mind around the concept of a homophobe. What is there to be afraid of? Society is filled with too many labels. The things about words is that they are merely words, bits of letters strung together to communicate thought. Words only have power if you give them power through your beliefs or actions.

There are many labels to describe dislike, racism, homophobia, sexism. In the the end these are all the aliases of one entity, ignorance.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

You couldn't be referring to anyone in particular with this very general comment, could you?

Word.

Wordy McWord.

Covered in Word-sauce.

Had to laugh.

What's funny to me, is these fucktards are calling a man that's making out with a woman, gay.

(sigh) Dumbasses.

So now they're threatened by metrosexuals who, by definition, are simply cleaned up, more urbane versions of themselves?

Homophobia is an internalized self-loathing based on the fear and/or knowledge that the homophobe himself is at least capable of same-sex attraction.

When they act out, they're projecting a punishment onto others that they, themselves, feel should be applied to them instead.

Of course, that doesn't make it any less douchey.

Indeed.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You couldn't be referring to anyone in particular with this very general comment, could you?

Had to laugh.

So now they're threatened by metrosexuals who, by definition, are simply cleaned up, more urbane versions of themselves?

Indeed.

Nope, I wouldn't do that because when I have in the past, it causes huge flames thrown in my direction. But I do think we know who they are.

hungboy18

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Homophobia is ignorance, and most homophobic people hate on many other things too, they have a bad attitude towards most things they consider stupid or offensive or whatever, they like hate and negativity.

I think the best cure to homophobia is to hang out with gay people, we're completely normal and we share most of the same goals in life, I want a guy, a house, a career and a dog, is that wrong? no, I somewhat feel scared of straight people, because words hurt, sometimes more than punches, we live in a scary world, I don't want to have sex with every hot straight guy I see or have any inappropriate relationship with a minor, I don't want to hurt anyone, and certainly don't want to be hurt.