Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is Florida Betony, native obviously to Florida, and this picture is pretty. However, it is an aggressive, invasive weed where I live and is difficult to get out of the garden because it spreads easily with underground tubers. It doesn't bloom like this most of the time but when I saw a honeybee on one I didn't have the heart to pull it out. Maybe another time. I hardly ever see honybees any more, just bumblebees and wasps. They used to be everywhere when I was a child(stepped on them barefoot, got stung & Mom would say, I told you to wear shoes!) I believe they've been victims of misused pesticides. Anyway, I gave the betony a reprieve for now. Can't be all bad if it helps a honeybee.
Florida Bettany.jpg

Reactions: pdxjoe and BillM

Raybo Revoy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
First Daylillies of the season! (with the previously mentioned Florida Betony trying to muscle in around the bottom: unamused:). Also have to spray them with homemade deer repellent. Looks like something took a bite out of the bottom one. I live close to the edge of the city limits but Congaree Nat. Park is about 20 miles and there are lots of wooded areas so deer are everywhere!
Daylillies 003.JPG

Raybo Revoy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No need to apologize. There are ALL kinds of crazy in all kinds of places there - both good and bad!
Actually, I just remembered a few years back having lunch in an indoor/outdoor cafe enjoying the balmy January weather there. We noticed a man who had to be at least in his 60s, maybe even 70, strutting along in a red thong, showing his wrinkled old butt proudly. Several young topless women joined him on the beach to have photos made. Amusing and typical.

Reactions: rbkwp

Telcontar12

Legendary Member
Media
A hailstorm tore through my village last week... We were so happy a few weeks ago that our old plum tree had blossomed with bees around and were looking forward to a nice harvest in the fall (for making plum jam, cake etc.). Now, there's barely a green leaf left on the tree. The rhubarb and strawberries are in shreds, too.

*sigh*

Attachments

Raybo Revoy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A hailstorm tore through my village last week... We were so happy a few weeks ago that our old plum tree had blossomed with bees around and were looking forward to a nice harvest in the fall (for making plum jam, cake etc.). Now, there's barely a green leaf left on the tree. The rhubarb and strawberries are in shreds, too.

*sigh*
That's the worst! So sorry.

Reactions: pdxjoe

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Orange Jasmine. Indoors all winter, it took only 3-4 weeks outside for it to bloom. Smells amazing, too. Hummingbirds love it! Sorry I can't do scratch and sniff for you.:rolleyes:
View attachment 131062451

wonderful
esp love it
greenery dripping with wonderful rain mmmmm

Reactions: Raybo Revoy

Raybo Revoy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh no! It can't be Fall already! I always forget 'till this time of year that the Southern Magnolia sheds leaves in Spring in the process of growing new ones. (The Magnolia is the one in the background. Can't see it that well here. Maybe I can get a pic of a bloom in summer but they're usually all pretty high in the tree now. The tree was planted long before I lived here.) Magnolia leaves 008.JPG

Last edited: