How do you stop from falling in love with someone?

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How do you stop from falling in love with someone?
[/b]You don't. What you usually end up with is unrequited love. Which sucks big time.

I almost said that; but thought people would think I was being silly, not serious.

This has happened to me once... unrequited love that I can never have. In my case HE moved to another state (along with his wife, who is the reason I can never have him...)

Stay away from the other person: that's about all that you can do.

Bullshit. Whether you fall for someone has nothing to do with whether the other person is right for you: the fact that someone is married, is of the wrong sexual orientation, is too young or too old, or simply has no romantic interest in you whatever is no preventive against your falling in love.

Yeah, I used to be all logical about this. Although I still have trouble understanding why sometimes people fall in love with abusive people. In my case, the one I fell in love with was already happily married to someone else, so we were never more than platonic friends.

Is this possible?

Have you ever caught yourself falling in love with someone you knew was all wrong for you and tried to stop it from happening?

How do you stop some kind of supernatural force of love from happening?

You don't.......

:smile:

You can't help the way you feel. So you mite aswell just go with it and try to work through your emotions because sometimes resisting the feeling is way worse....

I think its better to give relationships a try and experience things in life even if you don't know if they are gonna work out or not.

We live but once!

The only exception being if the other person has a partner or is married then there is sumtimes some grey but not much and you pretty much have to walk away.....

you can't help what you feel though and it's pointless to try and kid yourself otherwise!!!

Yes... that was difficult though! I can sometimes see why someone might go after someone who is married now, if the attraction is as strong as mine was to the guy I mentioned above.

Fortunately, he moved not that long after I met him, so I didn't have to worry about temptation quite so much. (Plus I was also friends with his wife, which REALLY made things weird!)

You can't. I know because I've tried.

The only thing you can do is let it run its course until it burns out and you move on. Then you realize there are other people out there who make you feel like that one person did and suddenly it all doesn't seem so dire.

I'm not sure you have to be a certain age for this to happen, but I suspect it. I know many couples who have divorced rather bitterly but later became friendly enough with each other to let bygones be bygones and actually enjoy each other's company in a friendly way.

Unrequited love is the worst but it is also the easier one to overcome because all you've ever had are fantasies that went unfulfilled or were created out of imagination. It's easier to move on even though it can be horrendously painful to let go because letting go of dreams always makes you feel like part of you has died. But then... well, see the second paragraph.

I still love every person I've fallen in love with, I'm just not in love with them. I'm grateful for what they've given me and, oddly enough, I find my relationships with them are richer without the rose tinted glasses.