Human Nature : Women take very attractive strangers to bed; men aren't so picky

stamrod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say it's true, and it's effect isn't just that women are more picky. Other societal norms are also evidence of this. For example, less picky women are sterotyped as "sluts", whereas men have to be much, much less picky to pick up that title.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's pretty obvious that women have higher standards.

But I also think that far more women than men are skilled at the art of using clothes, hair and attitude to make themselves look sexy -- whereas men tend to just take a shower and figure their personality will carry them.

So however high or low her standards, a woman going out looking to get laid has a lot more candidates to reject than a man doing the same thing.

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well duh!:rolleyes: If I'm gonna do the walk of shame it's not gonna be for an ugly dude.:tongue:
Well said! No matter what, I couldn't have sex with an ugly man. There has to be some kind of attraction or there isn't going to be any action.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Biologically females are the ones who choose their mates, not males, and with that said females are obviously more concerned subconsciously and instinctually about producing good offspring than males.

The idea that "men will fuck anything" is not only old, it needs to stop being studied.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Biologically females are the ones who choose their mates, not males, and with that said females are obviously more concerned subconsciously and instinctually about producing good offspring than males.

True, which is why I find it hilarious that some men pay so much attention to the studies that appear to prove the above but ignore the studies that show women are more concerned with finding a mate who will provide useful resources and strong offspring - then wander to find other sexual partners after those resources and offspring are firmly established. Which means women are also biologically oriented to cheat but not in the same way.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If this is true, then how come I can't get laid? :frown1: :wink:

Intelligence in a woman can be very intimidating to a lot of men. Try talking about pillow fights with your girlfriends and flavoring your speech with a bunch of "Oh my gawd"s and "like, really?"s. :wink:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Intelligence in a woman can be very intimidating to a lot of men. Try talking about pillow fights with your girlfriends and flavoring your speech with a bunch of "Oh my gawd"s and "like, really?"s. :wink:

Ugh. I think I'd rather not get laid. :cool:

vlls

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
most of you are full of shit... I seriously don't mean that in a disrespectful way... the reality of the matter is that, for the most part, people are attracted to one other based on compatibility... I've rarely seen an ugly or average looking woman date a handsome man... In fact, if anything, I've seen the opposite... But we all live in the same world and the reality is that couples especially, or hookups, are based on compatibility... within a reasonable spectrum of course

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
vlls - sorry, no cigar. A totally homely guy, stinky breath, stinky cock, antisocial or borderline personality, successful somehow in business with a load of money will invariably attract more compatible (who are you kidding...) ladies of all sizes and appearance. Human nature is a sunuvabitch!

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whatever the merits of this study, it concerns one-night stands, not long-term pairings. Preferences could be quite different in the two cases, and I think they are. I see, or at least I notice, far more couples in which the woman is superior to the man in looks than couples in which the comparison is the other way around.

On the other hand, this could be just because when I see an attractive woman with a guy who doesn't look like much to me, I am likely to think, "What made her pick that slob?", whereas when I see a homely woman with a good-looking guy, I am not so likely to think, "That guy could do so much better!"