Hung well, Bad spell

vivi

Experimental Member
Media
Anyone else notice how thread headers in this forum often have typos or misspellings? Are hung men bad spellers? :tongue:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
They're know miss steaks in this post cause I used special soft wear witch checks yore spelling. It is mower or lass a weigh too verify. How ever is can knot correct arrows inn punctuation ore usage:an it will not fined words witch are miss used butt spelled rite. Four example; a thread tidal could have mini flaws but wood bee past by the spell checker. And it wont catch the sentence fragment which you. Their fore, the massage is that proofreading is knot eliminated, it is still berry muck reek wired.

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
vivi said:
Anyone else notice how thread headers in this forum often have typos or misspellings? Are hung men bad spellers? :tongue:

all over the net you'll find typos and misspellings of the same amount... nothing to do with being hung :smile:

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Sorcerer said:
Among the regular posters, the typos and misspellings are quite low.
as for the others, maybe they are typing with one hand.
In fact, the regulars are incredibly fussy about spelling. We even had a heated exchange about whether end-of-clause punctuation should be places inside or outside of quotation marks. It's excruciating!

Which reminds me, DCD, about spelling reform...

(ducks)

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
headbang8 said:
In fact, the regulars are incredibly fussy about spelling. We even had a heated exchange about whether end-of-clause punctuation should be places inside or outside of quotation marks. It's excruciating!

Which reminds me, DCD, about spelling reform...

(ducks)
Precisely what I meant.

pie

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So this entire thread would translate into 'I hate bad spelling', what has this got to do with being hung? However I think in general people spell worse on the internet that elsewhere, but that might just be me.

Colour has a 'u' in it, why does nobody know.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just could not pass this one up. We all know that the internet allows citizens of the global society to participate in the free exhange of information. I suspect that even unhung often mis-spell words.

The interesting thing about color vs colour can be defined as the Atlantic Ocean. There are other words that spell differently in the United Kingdom/Great Britain when spelled in the United States of America. I am confident that this situation is also applicable with other Nations.

One thing for sure, 8 inches or 20.32 cm are the same, no matter where you live or currently log on to the internet from.

What a lovely day for the human race!!!!!!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
pie said:
So this entire thread would translate into 'I hate bad spelling', what has this got to do with being hung? However I think in general people spell worse on the internet that elsewhere, but that might just be me.

Not in America Pie. Canada spells it with a u, but Americans don't like the letter u.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hung said:
One thing for sure, 8 inches or 20.32 cm are the same, no matter where you live or currently log on to the internet from.

Heh. Not exactly the same.

"20.32 cm" is reported with four significant figures so the implied maximum error in measurement is much smaller. I would regard anyone on here who reported their length to the nearest tenth of a millimeter as a little too obsessed with their penis.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pecker said:
They're know miss steaks in this post cause I used special soft wear witch checks yore spelling. It is mower or lass a weigh too verify. How ever is can knot correct arrows inn punctuation ore usage:an it will not fined words witch are miss used butt spelled rite. Four example; a thread tidal could have mini flaws but wood bee past by the spell checker. And it wont catch the sentence fragment which you. Their fore, the massage is that proofreading is knot eliminated, it is still berry muck reek wired.

I think Vivi was posting a little bit tongue
in cheek, which was the alternate title
to my newest story in the Fiction Section.:wink:

Pecky, you are worth your weight in gold.
That was priceless! :tongue:

Sam Beckett

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since how well you can spell and how greatly or poorly you can use the English language doesn't rely on how well hung you are, it's not just hung men who make a lot of typos. I think most people do it. Probably down to education and English not being their first language (the severe ones on here, like 'did your gay have a big cok yoo mesured?'

Any typos and grammatical errors in my posts I put down to having scripts disabled on the browser. For some reason, when I have them disabled, there are no spaces after full stops or commas, no paragraphs etc.

I do try to go back and correct it though :p

I also agree that most of the typos in thread titles will be from the members with low post counts, names including 'big' 'huge' or 'hung' and asking the questions we are all too afraid to ask...generally about father/son cock worship and other pressing, knowledge-enriching familial issues.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
mindseye said:
Heh. Not exactly the same.

"20.32 cm" is reported with four significant figures so the implied maximum error in measurement is much smaller. I would regard anyone on here who reported their length to the nearest tenth of a millimeter as a little too obsessed with their penis.

At the risk of revealing my obsession with mine as well as others', I can't resist asking that doesn't 20.32 seem longer than 8? I have fun selecting the four digit figures, maybe just because of my perfectionism (?):wink:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
pie said:

Well, when Noah Webster came along, there were accepted, by wildly varied spellings in English, both in England, and elsewhere. He was a particular sort, and decided to codify American English. So, he went through and "cleaned up" our spelling. Of the many things that he changed was to remove foreign influences, French, in this case, from our words. Thus, Americans have color, not colour, and centers, not centres. These also run closer to their pronunciations in English, even in British English.

As the joke goes:
Americans: Spell words differently, but still call it "English."
Brits: Pronounce their words differently, but still call it "English."
Canadians: Spell like the Brits, pronounce like Americans.

Personally, I spell in a mixture of both. My dad is Canadian, so certain words have that influence in my little lexicon. At work, I get corrected all the time when I refer our catalogue, but get sent to our catalog, instead. I sometimes use colour, and often use neighbour.