I need Laundry tips

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Thanks guy! :biggthumpup2:
He is a sexy man, isn't he?
Hell, why not make him blush a little more! :biggrin1:

Ah shucks *looks at ground and shuffles feet then gives winning grin while blushing* :biggrin1:

I wash all my delicates - lingerie, fine fabric shirts etc. in a zipped lingerie bag on a delicate setting of my machine with the water on cold.
I also use pure soap flakes (Lux flakes).
I then dry them flat. Tumble drying tends to do bad things to delicates and line drying stretches them out of shape and I get peg indents in the fabric.
Handing them on a clothes hanger wet while line drying stretches out the shoulders.

For pilling I just use uber cheap disposable razors.

i just use a disposable razor, seems fine.

For a delicate item as it sounds just give it a wash by hand in the sink in cool water, and roll in a towel to squeeze water out without wringing it and scrumpling/tearing it, I have a tissue t shirt and it works fine for this, hang on hanger in front of a fan or open window..should dry in no time :)

I like to use those shower gels that match perfumes to do hand washing sometimes, the ones you get as freebies when you buy perfume, they're too scented usually I find but make clothes smell nice :)

If you've no space to dry flat, you can buy something similar to this:

Amazon.com: Honey-Can-Do Commercial 41.5-Inch Clothes Drying Rack, Chrome: Home & Garden

This one is chrome so it's a bit high in price, but will last forevah!

I've seen them (made of wood) for about $10.00, like this:

Folding Wood Drying Rack - Bed Bath & Beyond

i use these for drying soap.
the flat dryer shelves are awesome for me knitwear.

These are laundry gold! This thread is the Klondike of washery! Thanks everyone for your excellent advice. :wink:

fire77

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Cold wash and line dry .. I am lucky living in South California and have a big garden where I can hang all my washing up.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Seriously?

*sigh* so even though this is NOT a women's issue, and really is be more suited in Et Cetera, Et Cetera or possibly Underwear, Clothing and Appeance Issues, it is apparently no problem cuz it's Hilaire? :rolleyes:

Not to be a wet blanket but any one else who would have DARED to post this in this forum would have A) had the ladies of LPSG tear them assunder like the Maenads did poor Orpheus , B) been bitch slapped by the Mods for posting it here with a verbal "this is so not a women's issue, dummy" and it being promtly moved, and C)...Well, not sure what "C" is, but I am sure there is one.

Must be nice to be a Mod, have mod friends (two of whom have posted here and just joked about it, but still its here...):rolleyes:

Maybe I should have said anything, as you ladies have no issue. I just think it sets a bad precedent cuz some nimrod is bound to see this here and BLAM! there go the flood gates of questions and complaints about questions tht are not women's issues.

well the distinguised Ms ML's "-isms" are a hoot as always.:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
This is not a women's issue. Towed. Thread re-titled.

To be fair Nico, I did say I would tow it myself and apologised for it's cheekiness. But if you'd prefer to make an abuse of modly power case out of something that was meant to be light hearted that's cool too.

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NO accusations made Hil. Pointing out an inconsistancy. Thats all. I did see you say you'd move it, i just wondered why the need to place it there ot begin with. If you were bieng cheeky, then move it back. Strike my post and be done with it. Obviously I was the only one with a problem. I just found it funny that the other mods let it go on as long as they did. Usually thses things get swapped in seconds. Doesnt matter the intent behind it.

Without outing anyone, I was not the only one who felt this way.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
NO accusations made Hil. Pointing out an inconsistancy. Thats all. I did see you say you'd move it, i just wondered why the need to place it there ot begin with. If you were bieng cheeky, then move it back. Strike my post and be done with it. Obviously I was the only one with a problem. I just found it funny that the other mods let it go on as long as they did. Usually thses things get swapped in seconds. Doesnt matter the intent behind it.

Without outing anyone, I was not the only one who felt this way.

Oh no accusations made eh? Not the only one who felt that way is it?

No you're quite right Nico, it was a terrible abuse of privilege on my part. The site, and it's membership has my wholehearted and sincere apologies.

As Vince rightly said, I should know better.

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Glad ot here it:biggrin:

Saw your edit. Makes it more sincere, cuz without it you sounded a tad snarky.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But if you know your intent and meaning, then I know mine. I have attempted to explain it. All I can do.

I know you won't believe you were not the thrust of my post. Had it been Vince or Nudeyorker or Enid, I would have said the same. Just seems...off?

My unwillingness to name names comes from the fact that they are not mine to name. If they wish to step forward then great. If not I understand. But I was not being facetious in saying I was not the only one. Believe me or not. And if the ladies of LPSG want this back in there Forum, then by all means do not let one dissenting opinion (voiced opinion at any rate) dictate where these things go. They decide whats there not me.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*ponders and pokes at the thread*

no ook or ire directed at anyone.. just explaining the why... least wise for me.

hmm wasn't because Mr. Hilaire is a mod, wasn't cuz he's a friend... is cuz Mr. Hilaire has never been anything other than a stand up gentleman on matters of the Womens' Issues. he's more than earned a right to float us a couple of questions.

for reasons i typed out earlier. women have really complicated laundry demands. not sayin men don't.. just between personal style and the moms on this site washing various combinations of fluids and filth off their wee ones' play clothes.. well you get like the navy seals in the battle of staining.

Mr. Hilaire wasn't all "bitches, while haulin ya ass to make me a sammich, wash me up my man gear! bwahahahaha. he was his charming cheek wielding self.

very last eta: he wasn't asking up about how his awesome vintage shirt made his dick look. or if his awesome shirt made his dick look bigger. or if we'd like his shirt more if his penis was bigger. or act as if women only roamed the halls of LPSG waiting to answer his questions about laundry.

our objection is roused by more than the chromosomes of a poster. is all about the handling of a topic.

to the folks always sending PMs and never nutting up... ya kinda suck. ya leave others to stand for your opinion and never back em up.

i gots mad love for Mr. Nico and Mr. Hilaire.. so is no takin of sides.. is just my speculation on this thread.

if the ladies don't complain..why in the heckleshmeckle was the thread moved? shifting threads we have no problem with is just as bad as leaving threads we feel should be gone.

ML
*who really hate people ordering her meal for her*

PS i suspect most of the nippy yap dogs were dudes. bitter dudes.

pss i think i know what Mr. Vince meant by knowing better :tongue1::rolleyes:

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
*ponders and pokes at the thread*

no ook or ire directed at anyone.. just explaining the why... least wise for me.

hmm wasn't because Mr. Hilaire is a mod, wasn't cuz he's a friend... is cuz Mr. Hilaire has never been anything other than a stand up gentleman on matters of the Womens' Issues. he's more than earned a right to float us a couple of questions.

for reasons i typed out earlier. women have really complicated laundry demands. not sayin men don't.. just between personal style and the moms on this site washing various combinations of fluids and filth off their wee ones' play clothes.. well you get like the navy seals in the battle of staining.

Mr. Hilaire wasn't all "bitches, while haulin ya ass to make me a sammich, wash me up my man gear! bwahahahaha. he was his charming cheek wielding self.

very last eta: he wasn't asking up about how his awesome vintage shirt made his dick look. or if his awesome shirt made his dick look bigger. or if we'd like his shirt more if his penis was bigger. or act as if women only roamed the halls of LPSG waiting to answer his questions about laundry.

our objection is roused by more than the chromosomes of a poster. is all about the handling of a topic.

to the folks always sending PMs and never nutting up... ya kinda suck. ya leave others to stand for your opinion and never back em up.

i gots mad love for Mr. Nico and Mr. Hilaire.. so is no takin of sides.. is just my speculation on this thread.

if the ladies don't complain..why in the heckleshmeckle was the thread moved? shifting threads we have no problem with is just as bad as leaving threads we feel should be gone.

ML
*who really hate people ordering her meal for her*

PS i suspect most of the nippy yap dogs were dudes. bitter dudes.

QFT

And I'll have what she's having....which by the way is mad love for both hilaire and my precious nico!

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and again if he wants to move it back, and the ladies whose forum it is want it back, then please do so. I also said he can strike the posts of mine if he wanted to. want being snarky when i suggested that.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Truth be told the sexes of the people were evenly split and none of them required or requested me ot mention anything.

if they lack the gonadal fortitude to speak their own mind, fuck em.
all those lil whispers behind doors is usually folks playing both side or trying to ruck up the muck.

*hugs* i get cranky when folks i care about are left standing on their ownsome.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
and again if he wants to move it back, and the ladies whose forum it is want it back, then please do so. I also said he can strike the posts of mine if he wanted to. want being snarky when i suggested that.

or we could take this to jello pit town. then inquire about the hows and why of removing strawberry jello from out underpants :biggrin:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've thought the same. We could share?

Duvet day with a full programme of naked frolics....and olives...don't think I've forgotten about the olives. :cool:

vince, I challenge you to a Miele-off.

hilaire, you need to judge the vinceMiele vs the curiousMiele. :cool:

What's a Ducati between friends?
I say we lay him out on the bike and have our way with him. There WILL be a lot of washing up to do later and we can set the Miele programme to Frolic. :wink:

Thanks darling. :smile:
Wanna fleshpile?

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if they lack the gonadal fortitude to speak their own mind, fuck em.
all those lil whispers behind doors is usually folks playing both side or trying to ruck up the muck.

*hugs* i get cranky when folks i care about are left standing on their ownsome.
It was my choice Mickey. I seriously cant be lead to stand on my ownsome. I either want to or not. Period. And me and them were talking as friends. Seperately. o this was all me, the deciding to post.

The others are very wonderful people and I wouldnt want any ill thoughts to be thought about them.:redface:

or we could take this to jello pit town. then inquire about the hows and why of removing strawberry jello from out underpants :biggrin:
I will leave you to the jello. I am exiting this thread stage right. Have fun ML i love yas something fierce. That goes for LaFemme as well. I think my presence here can only be disruptive.