• Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

I need Laundry tips

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
'S just most men are kinda laundry dunces, and well, a lot of wombmenz are kinda better at it.... :redface:

See my problem is I bought this gorgeous pre-aged (like vintaged) cotton t-shirt in Urban Outfitters and I've worn it once and not washed it yet because well new t-shirts go into the washing machine gorgeous and come out of it looking like poop.

It's very pale lilac with a print on the front and I would normally put it on a mixed wash at 40 degrees with no fabric softener (cos I hate it, but I'm willing to swallow my hate of fabric softener if it'll help) and I don't have the facility to line dry so it'll have to be tumble dried.

Should I wash it at a cooler temp? With fabric softener? If I wash it at a cooler temp it might have to go in with darks and non-colour safes, so I'll have to use a colour catcher sheet....

Confusion reigns. Oh and apologies for the sexism and blatant question asking :redface:

poultrygal

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the material blend listed on the tag?

I usually wash on cold/rinse on cold...then you can lay flat to dry then wait an hour or so and flip the shirt over. I can't line dry any more but this seems to work. I never use softener, it never really comes out of your clothes and it will just continue to build up the more you use it.

alx

Sexy Member
Reaction score
Just turn it inside out and put it on at 40 or 30 if you have an Eco setting. You don't have any room to put a tshirt on a radiator or over a door?

Softener isn't required.

I don't like tumble drying anything!

How's this a women's issue?

AlteredEgo

Gold Member
Reaction score
My greatest concern would be pilling, and I'm not exactly sure what causes it. WHile it slightly shortens the life-expectancy of my garments, I shave pills off with a clothing shaver. This is the only advice I have, and it is relatively useless. Is that 40 degrees C?

I used wash all of my light colors with light colors only. I used warm water, liquid softener, and colorsafe bleach if needed. If anything in the wash was particularly precious, and nothing was particularly dirty, I'd use gentle cycle. Rougher cycles are for garments that need scrubbing when I do not have the time. I used tumble-dry low, with a softener sheet, unless most garments were prone to wrinkling. Anything too prone to wrinkling I either had dry-cleaned, or I put back into the dryer with soaking wet softener sheets on high heat until the wrinkles steamed out.

Where I live now, all of the washers and dryers eat everything. I don't even separate my colors anymore. I do laundry like someone who had no parents.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
What is the material blend listed on the tag?

I usually wash on cold/rinse on cold...then you can lay flat to dry then wait an hour or so and flip the shirt over. I can't line dry any more but this seems to work. I never use softener, it never really comes out of your clothes and it will just continue to build up the more you use it.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of fabric softener either.

It's 100% cotton, but because of having been pre-aged it's ultra-fine and ultra-delicate feeling.

Drying it flat is a great tip! Thanks :redface:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
Just turn it inside out and put it on at 40 or 30 if you have an Eco setting. You don't have any room to put a tshirt on a radiator or over a door?

Softener isn't required.

It's shamelessly not a women's issue, for that I beg indulgence. :redface: (in fact I'll probably tow it out of here myself to somewhere more appropriate soon LOL)

My greatest concern would be pilling, and I'm not exactly sure what causes it. WHile it slightly shortens the life-expectancy of my garments, I shave pills off with a clothing shaver. This is the only advice I have, and it is relatively useless. Is that 40 degrees C?

I used wash all of my light colors with light colors only. I used warm water, liquid softener, and colorsafe bleach if needed. If anything in the wash was particularly precious, and nothing was particularly dirty, I'd use gentle cycle. Rougher cycles are for garments that need scrubbing when I do not have the time. I used tumble-dry low, with a softener sheet, unless most garments were prone to wrinkling. Anything too prone to wrinkling I either had dry-cleaned, or I put back into the dryer with soaking wet softener sheets on high heat until the wrinkles steamed out.

Where I live now, all of the washers and dryers eat everything. I don't even separate my colors anymore. I do laundry like someone who had no parents.

Yeah 's 40 degress C. My machine's lowest temp setting is 30.

Pilling is a cunt! Clothing shaver you say? :eek: Where can such a miraculous device be got? :eek:

AlteredEgo

Gold Member
Reaction score
My grandma dries things flat on the dining table. She lays out a vinyl table cloth, then some clean, dry towels. She dries her sweaters on top of the towels, and turns on the ceiling fan above them. After the top feels dry, she flips them. She sometimes has to flip them a second time. When done, the wet towels go into the dryer. Heat dried towels feel MUCH nicer against the skin, in our opinion.

MickeyLee

Staff member
Gold Member
Reaction score

Softener isn't required.

because women's clothing generally have fold-out care labels.
with enough pictographic information to cover an Egyptian tomb wall.

silk, silk blend, silk wool blends, cottons, linens and heaps other i wouldn't risk ruining with mystery stains so i don't even buy 'em materials. washing and maintaining clothing is science. these ladies are philosophers/masters of the rinse cycle.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
My grandma dries things flat on the dining table. She lays out a vinyl table cloth, then some clean, dry towels. She dries her sweaters on top of the towels, and turns on the ceiling fan above them. After the top feels dry, she flips them. She sometimes has to flip them a second time. When done, the wet towels go into the dryer. Heat dried towels feel MUCH nicer against the skin, in our opinion.

Ah and after such excellent schooling your left throwing all your things in together like a muck-savage! :eek::wink:

AlteredEgo

Gold Member
Reaction score
Pilling is a cunt! Clothing shaver you say? :eek: Where can such a miraculous device be got? :eek:
YES! I usually find them in drug stores. Sometimes I see them in the travel section near the folding blow dryers and outlet adapters. I found one for you on the UK Amazon site. You should look around though, this seems overpriced. I think 12 pounds is about $20 here; I never have paid more than $10. I have seen them for $14, and definitely would not pay more than that.

MickeyLee

Staff member
Gold Member
Reaction score
i use the 'jam as much as i can into the washer, throw in soap, spin the dial until water starts flowing, go play video games' method.

of course i dress like a laundry pile to begin with :redface:

AlteredEgo

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I think this really might be a women's issue. This came out of the label of one of my costumes. I need a wife. :eek:(

Attachments

• IMG_20110613_153256.jpg
    IMG_20110613_153256.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 53

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
YES! I usually find them in drug stores. Sometimes I see them in the travel section near the folding blow dryers and outlet adapters. I found one for you on the UK Amazon site. You should look around though, this seems overpriced. I think 12 pounds is about $20 here; I never have paid more than $10. I have seen them for $14, and definitely would not pay more than that.

Life changing!!!! I have so many things I love but wont wear anymore because they got all bobbly :biggrin1:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score

Rofl!! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

A grown man of 35 of my acquaintance still sends his laundry home to his mother, and doesn't even bother to accompany the bags to pay a visit. Poor woman is run ragged she has 5 adult sons. :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Last edited:

curious_angel

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a handwash cycle for delicates on my machine. I'll supply the Sancere if you bring the olives.

The shirt can line-dry tomorrow.

AlteredEgo

Gold Member
Reaction score
Life changing!!!! I have so many things I love but wont wear anymore because they got all bobbly :biggrin1:
You have to be patient and run the thing over the pills a few times, and you must empty the trap constantly. You must also accept that shaving your clothes will eventually damage them. To me, it is worth it, because it extends the amount of time I am willing to be seen in the clothes. I advise against cheating and using a razor. That always has resulted in holes when I have done it. I say to buy a fairly cheap one because the blades are not replaceable, and they go dull fairly quickly.

poultrygal

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
I wash everything cold/cold....saves energy and it does the same as using warm or hot water...soap kills the bacteria.

I would actually recommend with that material to hand wash in the sink. Just fill up your sink and had some liquid laundry detergent and gently swish the water in circular motions, let soak for a about 10-15 mins, then swish again....run fresh water ..then fill up with clean water and let soak again. Once you have all of the soap out, lay flat in a towel to absorb the water pressing on it occationally. Then you can flat flat to dry

Hope this helps!

AlteredEgo

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you can get a bottle of Forever New Forever New: Fabric Care Wash - Clean Clothes Safely & Gently! It truly keeps your colors and fabrics "Forever New" If it's really delicate turn it inside out and wash it inside of a cheesecloth or mesh bag and dry it flat on a towel.
This is really good advice. I wash my bras (and shamefully my stockings -- so LAZY!) in mesh bags. I will go back to table drying things when we move to the next place. I need my own laundry room again.

curious_angel

Verified
Gold Member
Reaction score
This thread is testament to the ladies of LPSG's love for hilaire. A "laundry"question, and 21 responses in 30 minutes. :biggrin:

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
I have a handwash cycle for delicates on my machine. I'll supply the Sancere if you bring the olives.

The shirt can line-dry tomorrow.

Will I really need the shirt tomorrow? Can't we just have an executive duvet day? :tongue:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
I wash everything cold/cold....saves energy and it does the same as using warm or hot water...soap kills the bacteria.

I would actually recommend with that material to hand wash in the sink. Just fill up your sink and had some liquid laundry detergent and gently swish the water in circular motions, let soak for a about 10-15 mins, then swish again....run fresh water ..then fill up with clean water and let soak again. Once you have all of the soap out, lay flat in a towel to absorb the water pressing on it occationally. Then you can flat flat to dry

Hope this helps!

Thank you that really is great advice! :redface:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
i use the 'jam as much as i can into the washer, throw in soap, spin the dial until water starts flowing, go play video games' method.

of course i dress like a laundry pile to begin with :redface:

I always had a thing for scruffy girls.... my first kiss with a woman was with a girl who listened to Nine Inch Nails and dressed like a junky. She was so hot though. :tongue:

D_Hey Sailor

Banned
Reaction score
This new place I just moved into had all the appliance 'fixins pre-installed... First load of laundry with these uber Bosch machines was :eek:

Silly Germans gave the frickin' washer 15 preset cycles to choose from, and the dryer sounds like it's about to take off for Munich with my small clothes so they can be examined. :bigeyes2:

Took me a week to figure out why they would sometimes work, and other times not... stupid pre-programmed time delay to automatically start a cycle at night to save electricity... dials, buttons, LED screen... SKYNET etc.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I *suck* at doing laundry (aka operating the junk to do the work for me). This is why I buy clothes made of easy to wash materials :sly:

So don't despair, hilaire! I would have either destroyed your shirt by now, or asked my mom how to, or to wash it for me. :lick::lmao:

vince

Gold Member
Reaction score
Website
www.XTube.com
Not a Women's Issue! You should know better Hil. We already have six reports about this thread! :biggrin:

I know what causes pilling. The cure I applied I applied is expensive through. After losing a couple of heavy knitted Musto pullovers to incurable pilling, I looked it up. The holes in the tub of washing machines suck the fibres in when it's on spin cycle. After a few washings you get pills forming and the machine keeps sucking on them until are big ugly fibre carbuncles.

So I now use a Miele machine with a smooth stainless steel drum and micro-tiny holes. No more pills, less soap, less water and it's super quiet. It's a wonderful and simple machine. I love it as much as my Ducati.

Hil, turn it inside out, wash it on cold and a slow spin with some like coloured cotton shirts and hang it to dry or leave it flat on a towel. I don't own and won't use a tumble drier. They ruin clothing.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
This new place I just moved into had all the appliance 'fixins pre-installed... First load of laundry with these uber Bosch machines was :eek:

Silly Germans gave the frickin' washer 15 preset cycles to choose from, and the dryer sounds like it's about to take off for Munich with my small clothes so they can be examined. :bigeyes2:

Took me a week to figure out why they would sometimes work, and other times not... stupid pre-programmed time delay to automatically start a cycle at night to save electricity... dials, buttons, LED screen... SKYNET etc.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I *suck* at doing laundry (aka operating the junk to do the work for me). This is why I buy clothes made of easy to wash materials :sly:

So don't despair, hilaire! I would have either destroyed your shirt by now, or asked my mom how to, or to wash it for me. :lick::lmao:

Those infernal machines! Mine sound similar to yours, they're very good but not easy to figure out at first. :tongue:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Reaction score
Not a Women's Issue! You should know better Hil. We already have six reports about this thread! :biggrin:

I know what causes pilling. The cure I applied I applied is expensive through. After losing a couple of heavy knitted Musto pullovers to incurable pilling, I looked it up. The holes in the tub of washing machines suck the fibres in when it's on spin cycle. After a few washings you get pills forming and the machine keeps sucking on them until are big ugly fibre carbuncles.

So I now use a Miele machine with a smooth stainless steel drum and micro-tiny holes. No more pills, less soap, less water and it's super quiet. It's a wonderful and simple machine. I love it as much as my Ducati.

Hil, turn it inside out, wash it on cold and a slow spin with some like coloured cotton shirts and hang it to dry or leave it flat on a towel. I don't own and won't use a tumble drier. They ruin clothing.

BAN ME! I Dare ya! :eek::biggrin1:

OMG I must own that miele machine!!!!!!!!! I'm green with envy! (did we just man-up this thread with gadgetry? It must towed to a more testosterone fueled environment instantly) :biggrin1: