Iran threatens Olympic Boycott over racist 2012 logo

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Actually, you can sort of see the word ZION spelt out. But it still looks much more like someone giving head.

I don't know a single Londoner who even likes that logo. It's shit, our handover display in Beijing was shit - & I think the logo represents what our opening & closing ceremonies will be in 2012- a total cock up!

Iran could pull out of London 2012 Olympic logo over 'racist' logo | Mail Online

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a horrid bit of design/"art".

But what a f*cking stretch to take offense to its supposedly spelling out Zion. Give me a break.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What a wonderful opportunity!

By dropping this logo we could show Iran that we are sensitive to their concerns. This would help keep dialogue between the UK and Iran productive and may well subsequently benefit the people of both nations.

The logo is actively disliked by almost all who see it. It is ugly, unclear and appears to be a poor doodle by someone who cannot draw properly. The animated version is banned on UK television because it can trigger epileptic fits. Sales of Olympic merchandise are likely to be severely depressed because this logo is so unpoplar (eg who wants it on a t-shirt, mug or mouse-mat?) Around the time it was launched the Evening Standard had a competition for reader-submitted logos and came up with some superb art-work.

Lets ditch this abysmal logo - and make Iran happy in the process.