is average small?

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wait, so my dick is like 6.3 in, and its 5.5 in thick. Would that be considered thick? I have only ever had one lover so I don't really know lol.
You have a big girth.
So in volume - if measured NBPL and midshaft girth - you're big (+1std) :
approx 9,68% is bigger in volume or 1 on 10.
If measured BPL and max girth - you're in the average range :
but only 21,1855% is bigger in volume or 1 on 5.

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yes small if you measure bad.
People 8+" cock is fucking rare here on LPSG , i never seen maybe 10 cocks bigger than 8" on cam4 but I see about 500 cocks on cam4.
You are not 5.5", you are maybe under 5" ....

I like this post. I think people often incorrectly assume someone saying low-mid 5"s is average are wishful-thinking narcissists who want to make themselves feel better, when it's really a matter of objectivity. The scientific studies that put the medians around there are using a consistent, proper measuring technique. The internet-surveys that put the average way higher aren't. If you're measuring yourself from tip-to-asshole, then comparing against a maximum-stretched-length across the top, then yeah you'll think you're statistically way higher when you're not.

I do think it's pretty likely that the OP is actually a little on the small side and just not measuring very well.

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm kinda new to the gay scene but have probably been with 20 guys in the last two years...I would say almost all of them were over 7 inches. I am 5.5 inches and only one guy was smaller than me. I am supposedly exactly average, but I think it is small and my experience has born this out. I heard somewhere that there was some research that the average gay penis is one inch larger than the straight population. Wondering about your experience?
A 5.5" can considered small when it has no girth. If we define small -1 standard deviation, and you have been measuring nbpl, to be small your midshaft girth should be less than 4"30.
If measured BPL, your maximum girth along the shaft should not exceed 4"60. And then you're small. ( 1on 6 )

Last edited:

average: a quantity, rating, or the like that represents or approximates an arithmetic mean
small: not large as compared with others of the same kind

So no, I would say that average is not small.

Stupid questions require stupid answers.