Is it true straight guys in us don't choose brief because it is considered gay?

TobinDarren

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have came across men down under considered men's briefs as gay, i mean thongs or one of those super skimpy ones maybe, but traditional men's brief

anyway if that is the case, why would American men associate briefs with gays?

is it a younger generation thing?

Nate2020

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It's a mostly a younger generation thing. Knit boxers are acceptable. Again it's a generality as some women like sexier underwear and some straights will indulge their girlfriend/wife privately. In the locker room at my gym it's mostly loose boxers or unflattering baggy briefs for the older guys.

Reactions: TobinDarren

TobinDarren

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's a mostly a younger generation thing. Knit boxers are acceptable. Again it's a generality as some women like sexier underwear and some straights will indulge their girlfriend/wife privately. In the locker room at my gym it's mostly loose boxers or unflattering baggy briefs for the older guys.

thanks for your reply

anyway i came across this old tread started two years ago on the topics of briefs

some users were sayings athletes like wrestlers tend to buck the trend and wear briefs, do you know anything about that?

is it because wrestlers have different culture and considers briefs manly or something?

Nate2020

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
thanks for your reply

anyway i came across this old tread started two years ago on the topics of briefs

some users were sayings athletes like wrestlers tend to buck the trend and wear briefs, do you know anything about that?

is it because wrestlers have different culture and considers briefs manly or something?
thanks for your reply

Just to be clear, you asked if it was a younger generation thing. There are lots of forty year old straight men who wear briefs and no one would think anything of it. Ask most 25 year old or younger truly straights and they will tell you it's gay. Like I said earlier you can't place humans into a mold. I am sure there are younger straight men who wear them, I have just never seen it. My lady likes me in briefs and I wear them. I'm wearing them now.

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this is kind of the case but not that briefs made yout look gay they made you seem young, like once you're older you arnt supposed to wear briefs. like that episode of American dad where Steve and his friends went to camp and the guy made fun of them because they were wearing briefs
I only wear boxers now, because I Need space, and once puberty started most guys stopped wearing briefs.
I have came across men down under considered men's briefs as gay, i mean thongs or one of those super skimpy ones maybe, but traditional men's brief

anyway if that is the case, why would American men associate briefs with gays?

is it a younger generation thing?

TobinDarren

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nothing wrong with Briefs, They are as comfortable now as when I wore then as a kid, not gay in any way. Leather pants with the ass cheeks cut outs, this is kind of gay :D

hey! what wrong what wearing leather pants with ass cheeks cuts out???????

I do it all the time, and it is NOT GAY AT ALL

nah, just kidding :D

it is personal choice I guess, but I am not that adventurous, especially you could get your ass kicked in certain places just for doing that.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hey! what wrong what wearing leather pants with ass cheeks cuts out???????

I do it all the time, and it is NOT GAY AT ALL

nah, just kidding :D

it is personal choice I guess, but I am not that adventurous, especially you could get your ass kicked in certain places just for doing that.

:D:D:D

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
They can get kind of droopy, though.

When I was just out of college I had a date with a, shall we say, somewhat more mature and more experienced woman...o.k. I'll admit it! She was married, all right?! .....:mad:.... and I only had tightie-whities--so I literally went out the night before our big date and bought some boxers so I'd look a little more mature myself.

Later I overheard her joke to one of her girl friends that she was surprised to see me wearing "old man" underpants. :rolleyes:

Black_Frost

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't think briefs are gay or straight looking. Apparently it's a thing, now. *Shrug.*
I prefer not to wear underwear, but these days I wear boxer briefs because I chafe if I don't (big thighs, muscle not fat.) Frankly, I miss being able to not wear underwear. it was much more comfortable when I didn't.

I do not associate briefs as being gay.

I do associate white briefs as being unfashionable. Colored ones are good though.
In Texas I hear colored brief wearing is an indication you're probably a Tony Romo fan, while sporting white briefs says you're old school Staubach or Aikmen.