Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Matthew said:
Correct. You do have to have confidence that the other person is not having any other risks (sex outside your relationship). And it may very well be true in your case, but remember that, sadly, people do lie to their partners all the time about that sort of thing.[/I]

Hey Matthew,

I am certain that neither of us would ever have sex outside our relationship. I have known my partner extremely well for several years, so I feel very confident in that area. Just to clarify though, if all tests come back negative after a more than 6 month gap between either of our previous partners, then we are 99.99% OK? correct?

Thanks, I just want to be certain.

Slamdunk_Dude

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That is correct to the best of my knowledge. If I'm missing something, jump in, anybody.

bigbrick

Experimental Member
Media
Since this is becoming a bit of a review of STD and birth control facts, I thought I would chime in on a few other bits of info, according to my understanding. There are two STDs that a woman can have internally in her vagina and may not be aware of and that can be transmitted to her partner. They are herpes and venereal warts. I don't say this to be a bummer, just in the interest of complete knowlege, which is hard to get.

Also with regard to oral contraceptives, she (and you) should be aware of the things which can nullify the effectiveness of them. They can include things such as some antibiotics and even grapefruit (!). Do some research and be informed on them. Not all doctors inform patients taking the pill of the substances which can take away the effectiveness of the pill. Also, my girlfriend once got pregnant on the pill because she had heard that when you forget one day you can take two pills the next day, but she forgot two days and then took three the next day after the two days she forgot. She got pregnant.

I don't want to bum you out. All things of value have some risk. You are being really prudent and for that you should be congratulated. Just wanted to complete this little tutorial. Now go enjoy one another and give each other the beautiful gift of yourselves!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Slamdunk, I want to extend a heartfelt "THANK YOU" for your concern and your responsible behavior. It's so rare these days.

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
Love without a condom is better in a STABLE realtionship, since it implies you trust a person and you want to remain faithful to her.

If you are sure that the both of you had no STDs before, and that the both of you is fully faithful (and you are on birth control) why not to give fully yourselves eachother?