Is your picture on the internet anywhere you DIDN'T want it to be?

barbsdaughter

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In this day of cell phone cameras you just can't be too careful. I have a pic online during Mardi Gras that I wish I could have back. It was taken by someone I didn't know and didn't know he was going to put it online. It was 4 years ago and it was a dumb mistake. Guys and girls I went to high school and now college saw it and told me about it so I went online and found it several places. Oh and asking it to be removed doesn't work. My mom even had her pic snapped while getting gas at a station about 2 years ago and while I was looking for my pic, I found hers. She was astonished and barely remembered the incident as she gets gas at this convienence store several times a month. Oh well, as mom says, 'the lessons we learn last a lifetime.'

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm I don't know. My face I doubt it. The rest of me could be?

I know when I used to work onsite I had a guy come in one day that asked over and over again if he could take my picture. Finally I told him yes, but only if he took a picture of another lady that was working with me. I have no idea what he did with it. He just told me he liked my face and wanted a photo. He actually came back and gave us both a copy of the pictures he took.

Oh and I know my photo was on a local fourwheeling website, but they always snap pictures so I didn't care.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_ujgiutgtdfy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I suspect many of us are all over the internet and unaware of just how far-flung our photos fly. Sometimes we post knowing the risks. Sometimes we post while driven by sexual desire. Sometimes we are caught unawares.

I agree with you that some of those can cause shame later but I think our society is, for better or worse, becoming much more tolerant of such things. Anymore it is nearly impossible to watch the news or read an article in which some public figure has some revelation foisted up him or her. If anyone gives you any problems about it, you really only need to say, "And of course you have never done anything you regretted later!"

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, lots of them!

So many party photos! Thankfully most of those have been taken off-line by now, without my having to ask.

Most recently, we went on vacation to New Orleans for Mardi Gras with a bunch of friends and their significant others. One of the SOs put a lot of unflattering photos of me from that vacation on her public Flickr account. I wasn't doing anything embarrassing, I just look awful in every single one of me she put online. I'm convinced that she chose the most unflattering photos possible because she's that sort of catty person towards me and she was mean towards me during the entire trip, nearly ruining it for me. I hate people like that, people so petty that they just spread unhappiness around when everyone is supposed to be having fun.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, lots of them!

So many party photos! Thankfully most of those have been taken off-line by now, without my having to ask.

Most recently, we went on vacation to New Orleans for Mardi Gras with a bunch of friends and their significant others. One of the SOs put a lot of unflattering photos of me from that vacation on her public Flickr account. I wasn't doing anything embarrassing, I just look awful in every single one of me she put online. I'm convinced that she chose the most unflattering photos possible because she's that sort of catty person towards me and she was mean towards me during the entire trip, nearly ruining it for me. I hate people like that, people so petty that they just spread unhappiness around when everyone is supposed to be having fun.

Yeah, I hate that!

The older I get, the more efficient I am at carving those people right out of my life. Life's too short.....

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Crap I don't know. I hope not.

I have the need to protect my identity and the identities of other people close to me especially these days so I usually make sure I'm not putting too much out there -- well I hope so anyways.

Last edited:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We have too many practical jokers in the office so I fear the day nude photos of me will be tacked up all around the office. So to cover my ass so to speak, I post G-rated stuff and if there is an occasional "revealing" shot my face is deliberately not in the picture.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, I hate that!

The older I get, the more efficient I am at carving those people right out of my life. Life's too short.....

Well, it wasn't a friend. It was the girlfriend of one of TheBF's friends, the friend who was providing all of us with the place to stay in New Orleans, so that was awkward.

I agree, I try my best to keep people like that out of my life, but sometimes you just have to put up with them.

I was on a website for performance enhancing drugs and I found a post someone had that was showing me lifting weights. The dude who made the post made it sound like he had trained me and was somehow responsible for my ability. The thing is he never trained me, never taught me shit, I was not on steroids at the time, and I was not even aware he ever used the video for anything other than testing out a new camera he got. What an asshole.

Sorry to hear about your bad time Petite. You seem like decent people on here and from how you talk about your boyfriend I do not see why this girl would feel threatened by you. Go figure she probally hates you and is jealous because you do have a good relationship. Fuck the dumb shit though there is no need in someone taking away your sunshine.

someone1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yea a picture i sent to a girl when i was about 16 ended up on some website, she says she didnt show anyone but i find it hard to believe.

Victoria

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No !

I'm very careful - especially after the ordeal a close uni friend went through after chatting with an allegedly trust worthy guy on the net.

Basically they chatted for 2/3 months through a social networking site before it developed into her adding him to her messenger friends list ,first innocently chatting on cam then "playing"..

Anyway..he started getting pushy and asking for contact details ect they fell out and she blocked him.

It turned out he'd recorded her more compromising cam sessions w/ him and posted the videos to one of those adult amateur youtube sites complete with unflattering titles like "cam - insert misogynist expletive(s) - " with her email address water marked over the cam footage..

It took months for her to get the footage taken down , and by that time the videos had notched up thousands of views each..

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Yes,on facebook...i hate the pics that were posted as well...

I added some pics i liked to my own facebook...then some b!tch decided to steal my pics and posted them as herself!! She then went on to post them,making out she was me,saying i was a BB girl.Luckily when the cops went to her house,took her pc and delved into it they found the exact pics,photoshopped backgrounds etc etc and she couldnt deny it all then.Thankfully she has backed off since she went to court due to it and had to pay a hefty fine.

All this was due to me telling her that is wrong to upload nude pics of her 2 yr old daughter with legs akimbo onto the internet!!