Jock straps :)

tanguy21

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
finally got my first jock. Now do i wear it alone? or with other boxers on?

gert123

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Newagemale: I am not sure it is 100% an age thing but more a geographical thing. I have not once seen a jockstrap in a gym here in SA. I wore mine once... And now just keep it for special ocasions. I am not sure if we even had times where guys wore jock straps here. Perhaps someone from SA can tell us.

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
You can wear them as you would underwear, under clothing without boxers (instead of boxers).

You could wear them under boxers, if you wish.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If it's underwear, all by itself under your jeans. If athletic wear, under your gym shorts.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Classically, jockstraps were worn with nothing else between them and whatever athletic pants you were wearing. Football and baseball players wore them under theirpants, sometimes with a cup jock ( which is different from just a plain jock) on top. Basketball players, too, wore jocks and shorts, as did soccer player.
I deplore the demise of the jockstrap. Compression shorts are no substitute, in my opinion, as they offer little support for low hanging nuts. Plus, what's more manly than a fuckin jockstrap? It used to be THE symbol for manhood. Too bad that's not the case anymore; just another example of the loss of ritual in America.

achillesx

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like my jocks, but compression shorts are a necessity for today's bigger stronger athletes. And if we have the technology to reduce injury with compression shorts, why leave your legs in the cold wearing a jock. Has everything to do with enhanced technology and not rituals.

I will wear a jock for upper body day, but you'll see me caught dead without the leg warmth or support I'll get from a longer compression short.

tanguy21

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i got a McDavid, i wore it to the gym today for the first time. and WOW it was such a freeing feeling. with support. i loved it!

Danecroft1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since we are on the subject of jockstraps. I wear a bunch of different jocks, and the 2 straps always twist and fold into each other.

Any one have this issue?
Am I just wearing them wrong?

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wear a Bike swimmer's jock. I prefer the narrower waistband, with the same size pouch.

swedish fish88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it odd to wear one while working out at the gym, or as a substitute for underwear under some jeans or shorts on a muggy day? I've bought one for mma, and a regular one without a cup.

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Is it odd to wear one while working out at the gym, or as a substitute for underwear under some jeans or shorts on a muggy day? I've bought one for mma, and a regular one without a cup.
It is not odd to wear one when working out at the gym. It used to be part of the required clothing for gymwear. It keeps the bits from flopping about. Next to comando it is a good substitute for underwear on a muggy day under jeans or shorts.

swedish fish88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is not odd to wear one when working out at the gym. It used to be part of the required clothing for gymwear. It keeps the bits from flopping about. Next to comando it is a good substitute for underwear on a muggy day under jeans or shorts.

Thanks. I wore one to work out in under those lightweight Hanes shorts, and was kinda paranoid that someone would be able to tell I was wearing one.