Kanye explains or tries to... with a 1/2 assed apology.

Eh. His apology should be private, IMO.

He doesn't owe the general public an apology, though. Lots of people say dumb shit and we just learn to let it go.

I disagree. I think when you make a public fuck up, you need to make a public apology. Such As Sen. Joe Wilson did last week.

Had he bumped into Taylor Swift's car in the parking lot at Von's that would be different. Then of course a private apology along with paying for any damages would be in order.

I disagree. I think when you make a public fuck up, you need to make a public apology. Such As Sen. Joe Wilson did last week.

Had he bumped into Taylor Swift's car in the parking lot at Von's that would be different. Then of course a private apology along with paying for any damages would be in order.
Disagree if you like, he doesn't owe you or anyone else other than the girl, perhaps, an apology. Public absolution is one of things people like because it makes them feel superior to the person who fucked up. Funny, though, few of those same people would offer a public apology for their own public missteps.

Disagree if you like, he doesn't owe you or anyone else other than the girl, perhaps, an apology. Public absolution is one of things people like because it makes them feel superior to the person who fucked up. Funny, though, few of those same people would offer a public apology for their own public missteps.

Well, we all know how fickle pop audiences are. Without the public apology, that would of had the potential to affect his record sales, never mind radio & video stations to not play his music out of some corporately motivated outrage. For mainstream acts like Kanye West, he needs things like MTV, BET, Fuse and FM Radio to remain relevant. This isn't the first time he's disrupted an award show like this, but I think this is the first time he actually tried to make an apology on a public scale, even if it wasn't really sincere, and it'll probably be enough for now. It's all about the Benjamins in the end and this move was clearly that.

Thank God I listen to techno. And after P!nk's response to it all I may just add her to the iPod. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
KanYe West combatting terrorism?!:rolleyes:
:smile: Some of your best work, darlin'!

Well, we all know how fickle pop audiences are. Without the public apology, that would of had the potential to affect his record sales, never mind radio & video stations to not play his music out of some corporately motivated outrage. For mainstream acts like Kanye West, he needs things like MTV, BET, Fuse and FM Radio to remain relevant. This isn't the first time he's disrupted an award show like this, but I think this is the first time he actually tried to make an apology on a public scale, even if it wasn't really sincere, and it'll probably be enough for now. It's all about the Benjamins in the end and this move was clearly that.

Thank God I listen to techno. And after P!nk's response to it all I may just add her to the iPod. :biggrin1:

Eh. If anyone believes he, or others that offer a public apology, mean that shit, they are idiots. It just proves we prefer a polite lie over a hard truth, which is, he thinks Taylor Swift isn’t shit.

I agree he lacks decorum and should not have gone on stage. But he has proven to be cutting in regard to other artists. When MTV gave him the means to go off on a tirade, they may have been expecting a feel good, impromptu Kanye and Taylor collabo, :rolleyes: but anyone watching probably knew some shit was about to go down. They took the chance he would state she is a shit artist and he did.

So, if he apologizes for anything, it should be private and sincere about his actions ruining her moment, but not that "honestly, I think she's *really* talented" bullshit.

I've had enough of the artifice that has now become acceptable in "apologies" from politicians, people in entertainment, and other public figures - just fuck hookers, pick up men in airport bathrooms, tell people they have no talent, then stand by your actions and shut the fuck up.

Thank God I listen to techno.
Then I must recommend Deadmau5!

Lame! Probably not sincere. He's just jealous cause Taylor Swift outsells them all, and she's only 19 and barely started in the industry.

It was a racist attack. He was upset that a white women won an award that has been dominated by pop and hip hop artist almost since its inception.

Not racist. Just a drunk asshole. He's currently fucking a white woman (I'm sure fucking plenty of white women b4 his relationship), he had Pamela Anderson in his video as a love interest even she wasn't hot anymore, and he works with a bunch of white people to create his music on all of his albums.

Beyonce is like a sister to him because Jay Z is like a brother to him. He's just a drunk idiot.

He's a true certified "Piece of Shit Thug Bitch"
What this ass hole bastard did is the same as kicking a kitten.
This slug piece of shit should be banned from any show that the doped up drunk bitch that he is can never cause a specticle again.
AND WHERE WAS security?? If this thug looking devil crashed the stage at a great star like Taylor--I say where was security pinning this thug to the ground and cuffing him up of to prison where he belongs.
And Beyonce was very classy for what she did! Very classy! But I already knew she is.

Last edited: