League?

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
This is a good topic. This is my opinion.

For me, I think there are three basic leagues: high, middle and low. Which league you're in is determined by four things, physical appearance, sexual ability, personality and money. If, for example, you are a handsome, well hung, have a wonderful personality and tons of money then your status is definitely high. If you're the exact opposite, me for example, your status is low.

The difficult part is figuring out how these different qualities relate to each other. Does money make up for looks? Does a big dick make up for a lack of personality? That's really the burning question and what I think prevents most people from gaining an accurate understanding of their real dating value.

My dream would be that sometime in the future, the government or a corporate entity would get into the business of determining someone's dating value. For example, you would go to a company, and they would appraise you and give you your official value. I think this would make dating, and perhaps all kinds of socialization much easier.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hmm...i've always just assumed i'm at the very least equal to everyone else. i've dated models & geniuses. i s'pose in your world that would make me high status.

but i've never really thought in those terms. if an ugly, poor guy charms me then i've never felt lowered by having him on my arm.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
hmm...i've always just assumed i'm at the very least equal to everyone else. i've dated models & geniuses. i s'pose in your world that would make me high status.

but i've never really thought in those terms. if an ugly, poor guy charms me then i've never felt lowered by having him on my arm.

But if an ugly, poor guy is able to charm you he must have an extremely good personality, right?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I find it hard to believe that people CAN define their own league...and I don`t think that`s necessary...
I hate all forms of segregation!

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, I always thought it was how the opposite sex(for straight folks anyway) reacted to a guy. if you were pursued or not. the op mentions, looks, hungness, personality, and money. when I was younger I had to varying degress the first three, but not money. my looks got better thru my teens, and my neighbor female friend(kinda like a sister) described me as pretty hot when I was about 20, word of my hungness spread as I dated and fucked, I overcame my shyness and let my personality out. my lack of money and social status wasn't too bad at times, but it was a "major player" when I really fell hard for a gal who was way above me socially. my "3 out of 4" hooked us up for awhile, but she didn't stick. major disappointment. but I went on. my sexual prowness and reputation grew. I got used, I think, a little for my cock, and then got wise and used it to my benefit.

anyway, now I'm late 50's. still in good shape. still described as hot. I ask, "for my age??" and gals tell me," for any age, you are a hot man". some things have changed, my personality is stronger, I am more easy going, and money???? now I have money. oh, it doesn't buy social status, but over the years, social status has meant less and less. and the gal I fell hard for, years ago? she is my friend now. the shallowness of it all. she is not thought of much socially anymore, and is certainly no one's catch, but I try to look beyond all that and be her friend.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
My dream would be that sometime in the future, the government or a corporate entity would get into the business of determining someone's dating value. For example, you would go to a company, and they would appraise you and give you your official value. I think this would make dating, and perhaps all kinds of socialization much easier.

Then they'd tax it!

aybee

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that way. I'll approach any woman and if she digs me, then she digs me. A lot of people like to think of "league" as in financial or social status. The way I see it, if you enjoy one another's company then there's not need for a "league". I've dated a woman whose parents were millionaires and I've also dated a woman that felt the same way about my family but there was never any talk of anyone being out of someone else's league because we genuinely enjoyed each other.

-A.B

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
I think that there are a lot of dumb young women (especially right after college) who seem to have a list ot attributes that they are looking for in a partner. Needs this career, this build, etc. Sometimes they get what they are looking for, usually they don't. Then they hit their mid-20s and usually realize that people are more than lists. This might be a dc thing. On a similar note in high school I thought it was all about looks, in college I judged people on their taste in music and movies, and now I am an adult and like anyone who will let me fuck them.

big_gp35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's all in the eyes of the beholder. One person may see you as a 10, while another would see you as average.

I agree its a combination of things. I feel like I'm average. I have a nice body, but there have been plenty of women that think its a bit extreme, while others like it. I have an ok face, I make ok money, I live nice, but I never had that ability to just go after women which is why I rate myself down. Every realationship I've had has been with someone who showed an interest in me first. I was just shy when it came to women. Pathetic, I know. I'm very confident, just not in that arena.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why do you think it's impossible for people to define their own league? What method do you prefer for determining a person's dating value?
I don`t think that there is such thing as DATING VALUE!
At least we don`t have it in Serbia!:wink:

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
to use English football as an analogy, i'm not sure if I'm EPL standard, but maybe the Championship. Hopefully not the non-leagues though. :wink:

seriously, people say leagues don't exist, but i think they do. it's just that leagues are not 100% rigid.

A 10 could readily date a 5, if both of them clicked. not all 10s are necessarily shallow, it depends on his/her personality/value system.