Leo harley

Chazimondo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I already have a life, and I’m using it to not be a racist prick. Hope you do the same soon.

he’s actually Romanian Gyspy by descent so he’s quite in his right to use that word. Gypsy isn’t a slur if used correctly to identify Romanians gypsies. It’s a slur if it’s used to identify Irish travellers who do not like to be called gypsies and prefer to be called travellers instead

Reactions: Lee23 and rockitos

Plzgiveit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
he’s actually Romanian Gyspy by descent so he’s quite in his right to use that word. Gypsy isn’t a slur if used correctly to identify Romanians gypsies. It’s a slur if it’s used to identify Irish travellers who do not like to be called gypsies and prefer to be called travellers instead

The Roma are not from Romania tho. Why you should know the difference between Romanians and Romani

G*psy is a slur that the Roma people do not like being used because it directly affected them as people negatively. That’s like saying that the n word is only a slur when used against people in certain circumstances. It’s still a slur. Just how calling someone r*tarded is also wrong as it’s ableist. If you want to say someone has mental retardation, that’s different. But you wouldn’t call them that word.

Anyways, isn’t he Brazilian? There might be the off chance that he’s got roma blood in him by line of ancestry, but even then I don’t think it’s enough for him to claim it, especially with how surface level he treats the culture. He didn’t even call himself this until last year I believe. I’m like 1/16 Native American but I’m not going around telling everyone I’m Kickapoo and that I represent my tribe.

Esk*mo is also a slur that you shouldn’t use, so why would you use g*psy?

herrjojo

Cherished Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Roma are not from Romania tho. Why you should know the difference between Romanians and Romani

G*psy is a slur that the Roma people do not like being used because it directly affected them as people negatively. That’s like saying that the n word is only a slur when used against people in certain circumstances. It’s still a slur. Just how calling someone r*tarded is also wrong as it’s ableist. If you want to say someone has mental retardation, that’s different. But you wouldn’t call them that word.

Anyways, isn’t he Brazilian? There might be the off chance that he’s got roma blood in him by line of ancestry, but even then I don’t think it’s enough for him to claim it, especially with how surface level he treats the culture. He didn’t even call himself this until last year I believe. I’m like 1/16 Native American but I’m not going around telling everyone I’m Kickapoo and that I represent my tribe.

Esk*mo is also a slur that you shouldn’t use, so why would you use g*psy?
He identifies as a proud gypsy, who are you to decide what identity another person has. Do you realize the ridiculousness of this situation? You got someone being, not only dictated, but contradicted by another on their identity. Did you run a DNA sample? Are you Romani? Do you speak for every Romani person? Have you met a Romani who identifies as a gypsy?

Reactions: Lee23 and CM2007

Plzgiveit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He identifies as a proud gypsy, who are you to decide what identity another person has. Do you realize the ridiculousness of this situation? You got someone being, not only dictated, but contradicted by another on their identity. Did you run a DNA sample? Are you Romani? Do you speak for every Romani person? Have you met a Romani who identifies as a gypsy?

do y’all understand that this man literally only identified as a g*psy near the end of last year if not just this year if I remember correctly. He’s always identified as a Latino Brazilian man, which he is. If anything he might be part native or Afro Latino. Regardless of that, the thing is that he’s not representing any of Romani heritage. He’s just claiming to be a g*psy, which is an offensive slur to the Romani. Why is it so difficult to grasp this.

He can practice whatever spiritual practices he wants, but calling himself a slur that’s offensive to the Romani people when he’s not Romani himself is fucked. If he was Romani, why would he instead of mentioning his Romani heritage by celebrating and taking part in the culture, post about Buddhism and Hinduism and call himself a g*psy because he’s not taking to ‘societal norms’. It just reeks of adopting an identity because you want to be ‘different’ and ‘woke’ and it’s bullshit. He’s not partaking in any Romani specific cultural events. He’s just claiming his a g*psy as do the very cool and very different white women who get high on ayahuasca at burning man do.

the Romani I have spoken to are deeply offended by this word and it’s meaning to their people and how it’s been used to oppress them. There are hardly any Romani if any that self identify as g*psy, and even then they don’t speak for the majority which say that g*psy is a slur you should not think lightly of.

Attachments

herrjojo

Cherished Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
do y’all understand that this man literally only identified as a g*psy near the end of last year if not just this year if I remember correctly. He’s always identified as a Latino Brazilian man, which he is. If anything he might be part native or Afro Latino. Regardless of that, the thing is that he’s not representing any of Romani heritage. He’s just claiming to be a g*psy, which is an offensive slur to the Romani. Why is it so difficult to grasp this.

He can practice whatever spiritual practices he wants, but calling himself a slur that’s offensive to the Romani people when he’s not Romani himself is fucked. If he was Romani, why would he instead of mentioning his Romani heritage by celebrating and taking part in the culture, post about Buddhism and Hinduism and call himself a g*psy because he’s not taking to ‘societal norms’. It just reeks of adopting an identity because you want to be ‘different’ and ‘woke’ and it’s bullshit. He’s not partaking in any Romani specific cultural events. He’s just claiming his a g*psy as do the very cool and very different white women who get high on ayahuasca at burning man do.

the Romani I have spoken to are deeply offended by this word and it’s meaning to their people and how it’s been used to oppress them. There are hardly any Romani if any that self identify as g*psy, and even then they don’t speak for the majority which say that g*psy is a slur you should not think lightly of.

He's under no obligation to represent Romani culture to satisfy your strange fancy, there's no obligation to participate in a culture to claim heritage. He's just claiming indeed... if you accept every other proclamation on his identity, why not accept his proclamation that he has Romani heritage, or why not challenge everything he claims to be. You don't know what he's thinking, you don't know what's happening at every waking hour of this man's life.

Plzgiveit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He's under no obligation to represent Romani culture to satisfy your strange fancy, there's no obligation to participate in a culture to claim heritage. He's just claiming indeed... if you accept every other proclamation on his identity, why not accept his proclamation that he has Romani heritage, or why not challenge everything he claims to be. You don't know what he's thinking, you don't know what's happening at every waking hour of this man's life.

I believe in holding people accountable for their actions. G*psy is a slur. It’s especially wrong when you’re not using it as a Romani person. It’s even more wrong when you decide for the Romani people that they’re okay with you calling yourself a slur that was used to denigrate and oppress then Which again, he is not. If you want cold hard facts of why he’s not Romani besides the context clues I provided, here you go. Native, Italian, and German.

Attachments

herrjojo

Cherished Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe in holding people accountable for their actions. G*psy is a slur. It’s especially wrong when you’re not using it as a Romani person. It’s even more wrong when you decide for the Romani people that they’re okay with you calling yourself a slur that was used to denigrate and oppress then Which again, he is not. If you want cold hard facts of why he’s not Romani besides the context clues I provided, here you go. Native, Italian, and German.

I also believe in holding people accountable for their actions.
Gypsy is indeed a slur.
It ends here however.

I believe a person is a sum of their actions, so my idea of holding someone accountable has a larger scope.

The saying "Don't forget to be perfect for the rest of your life" applies to people like you.

Plzgiveit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I also believe in holding people accountable for their actions.
Gypsy is indeed a slur.
It ends here however.

I believe a person is a sum of their actions, so my idea of holding someone accountable has a larger scope.

The saying "Don't forget to be perfect for the rest of your life" applies to people like you.

Not at all. The problem lies within someone refusing to accept responsibility and instead making the choice to be ignorant and selfish.

He chooses to be ignore the fact that g*psy is a slur that he has no right in using, knowing full and well that his actions are problematic. If only people cared enough for it to impact him so he’d make a change.

people can change and should be open to it. I’m open to people making mistakes and moving on. He’s made a very big error and instead of changing when presented with this error, decides that it’s not affecting him so it’s not his problem. And that’s gross and selfish.

Ryuusuke

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is interesting to see how some bodybuilders seem to be almost completely different people at the same time.
He is all sexualized, self-objectified when on bodybuilder mode.
When not he is a regular man, a rather uninteresting one who just happens to have big muscles.