"Like" Comments...

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Let's see... LPSG has a comment section for galleries, and mutual admiration threads aplenty. I would hope that would be enough to satisfy the attention-seekers, without having to turn every post into a popularity contest.

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What is "rep" supposed to mean?

I also do not know what "rep" means...

'Rep' is short for reputation.

Its similar to the "Like" button. If you like or agree with something someone said, you hit the 'rep' button.

The difference between "Like" and "Rep" is that while the "Like" is specific to a particular comment, the "Rep" adds points to the user's cumulative Reputation score.

A person with a high reputation score is a member that has been judged by the community as someone who offers insightful contributions and brings value to the forum and it's dialogue.

Depending on how the system is set up, a person's ability to increase another member's reputation can be based on several factors including the user's own reputation score, post count and join date. Calboner, for example, being a more senior member, could increase someone's reputation more than I could. It's a system to give a bit more weight to the opinions/judgement of more senior and highly respected members.

Here's an example of the 'rep' system in use:

Streetcar systems in planning (sales, 2011, neighborhood, construction) - Urban, city, town planning, land use, zoning, transportation and transit, environmental issues, urban design, community development, subdivisions, revitalization - City-Data Fo

On the top right side of each post, you'll see a summary of the user info along with a reputation score.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Its similar to the "Like" button. If you like or agree with something someone said, you hit the 'rep' button.

The difference between "Like" and "Rep" is that while the "Like" is specific to a particular comment, the "Rep" adds points to the user's cumulative Reputation score.

A person with a high reputation score is a member that has been judged by the community as someone who offers insightful contributions and brings value to the forum and it's dialogue.

Depending on how the system is set up, a person's ability to increase another member's reputation can be based on several factors including the user's own reputation score, post count and join date. Calboner, for example, being a more senior member, could increase someone's reputation more than I could. It's a system to give a bit more weight to the opinions/judgement of more senior and highly respected members.

Here's an example of the 'rep' system in use:

Streetcar systems in planning (sales, 2011, neighborhood, construction) - Urban, city, town planning, land use, zoning, transportation and transit, environmental issues, urban design, community development, subdivisions, revitalization - City-Data Fo

On the top right side of each post, you'll see a summary of the user info along with a reputation score.

This sounds really cool actually. I think it'd be cool to have it here at LPSG...

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How sexist!!!! I am shocked!!! Can't we have a clit meter too?

:lmao:
YOU ARE ON A BIG DICK SITE!!! By now, you should have realised that you are here to please MEN and MEN only! :biggrin1:
Have you heard that one before??? :smile:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
YOU ARE ON A BIG DICK SITE!!! By now, you should have realised that you are here to please MEN and MEN only! :biggrin1:
Have you heard that one before??? :smile:

Whoa, musta hit my head....so sorry....big dicks...must serve big dicks....must serve big dicks.....:hypnotized:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Let's see... LPSG has a comment section for galleries, and mutual admiration threads aplenty. I would hope that would be enough to satisfy the attention-seekers, without having to turn every post into a popularity contest.

This is precisely what ran through my head while reading the OP: I'd vote no (or thumbs down or whatever :rolleyes:)

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Whoa, musta hit my head....so sorry....big dicks...must serve big dicks....must serve big dicks.....:hypnotized:
Hahaha, I adore you!
The trick is how to make BIG DICKS SERVE YOU! :cool: :wink:
I still don`t know the trick, though! :frown1:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The idea of such an arrangement makes me very uneasy. I fear that it would institutionalize cliquish behavior on the site.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A 'like button' would be fun. :) A lot of forums have them, it seems to be working fine.

As it is now, sometimes you just quotue someone and write "This!", I see a lot of members doing it, a Like button would make it easier.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think LPSG had a like/don'tlike/rep point system here for a while. was before my time, but i've seen threads floating around with heaps of back and forth about how it rocked/sucked.

hmm how about a "fuckin'A!" and a "fuck that noise" system?

I would def support that "fuck that noise" option. So many times I see a post and in my head I say, " well fuck that noise!"

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
We DO have Like and Dislike capabilities here... which I think are WAAAY more fun that a simple "like" or "dislike" button... (hey it even includes ML's suggestions of Fucking A... hahha)

DISLIKES

:icon13:
:thumbsdown:
:hitwithrock:
:twak:
:smashfreakB:
:AR15firing:
:squintfinger:
:nono:

:fing02:
:grinning-smiley-003
:notworthy: