Longest time without Sleep

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What's the longest time you've ever gone without sleep ?

What effects did it have on you ?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Do you mean with or without the 'aid' of narcotics?

Without: 50 hours - or thereabouts - I took a 10 hour siesta and was back to 'normal' :crazy:

With: 102.5 hours (that's just over 4 days). I believe I was probably technically insane for the last 48 hours of that. I was unable to eat for a couple of days after and, after an initial 9 hour sleep, I was unable to sleep for more than 2 hours in 6 ot 7 for about a week.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know if many people will know what this means but I once stayed up I think about 24 hours playing FF7. :redface: Not non stop, think I started about 8 at night and finished 8 in the morning.

Such a great story, I was hooked! Awesome awesome story. Even the dialogue.

"More nightmares will come to me now. More than I previously had."

And everyone is thinking 'WTF' :tongue:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Like some others here, I've gone about 3 days before as well. Eventually the tiredness transitions into exhaustion, and then you don't really feel like falling asleep anymore... just kind of numb. Sometimes sore or nauseated as well, and your body stops working quite as well. Digestion of food becomes irregular. Regulation of body temperature/sweating becomes irregular. Eyes become sore. If you wish to stay up, it's important to remain vertical I've found. Otherwise you might pass out.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
19 hours, no street drugs were used. My circadian rhythm is frequently out of whack as I have both narcolepsy and severe obstructive sleep apnea.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I just last week stayed up for a little more than 52 hours. I think it was more or less the same length of time as my previous record for staying up when I was on summer break in middle school. It felt awful towards the end of the 52 hours, but like NIC said there was a period where I didn't even feel sleepy anymore, just kinda drained physically. Anyway, it was a different feeling than I remembered from my previous experience, so I don't ever want to stay up that long again.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Three days. It was awful. Sounds freaked my ears out, totally space case mind. Was working on a team project and we got very little done, but the boss was impressed. What an idiot.

Other than that, when I was a teen, I regularly stayed up 24 - 48 hours. I'd read books at night and work in the day. Or, hang out with friends all night and then go to work.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The longest I ever stayed up was about 36 hours... I felt fine, but my body was exhausted. I then slept for 12 hours and only awoke when interrupted by my father.

I had a friend who was involved with a girl... she went out of town for a week, and for whatever reason, he opted to see if he could stay awake during the time she was gone. He made it 91 hours. He was a wreck. We worked together, and I came into work one day and he looked half dead.

RamIt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After 19 hours without sleep, most people have the same diving ability as a person with a .08 BAC. Sleep deprivation and sleep debt are tough to overcome.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most is 2 days. I remember pulling all nighters in college. Once when my computer melted down and I had to rewrite an entire research paper from memory. The worst part is hearing those damn birds chirping gleefully before sunrise. It was more annoying than any obnoxious alarm clock.

It actually is not worth pulling all nighters because you are completely shot and worthless the next day. Better to take a 3 hour cat nap than stay up. Eating meals from the vending machine outside the computer room is also not appealing anymore.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The longest was three days, I did a lot of driving and attended environmental meetings one week in the early 70's. At the end of those three days somebody had to be funny and woke me up after I had a half hour of sleep and told me it was the next day, I went to my class rooms at the right time and found strange courses, teachers and students it took me a few minutes to realize I had been had, so I was up another 12 hours. I have done quite a few 48 hour stints of working, researching and writing.

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i lasted 7 nights with a total of about 20 hours sleep. It was on holiday and every day was the same - get up at 9 a.m. to the beach (Spain), then party until about 7a.m. - Benicassim music festival. It was awesome, but sooo difficult. Pro-plus did nothing. When i got home, i slept from 3 p.m. to 7 a.m. I felt awful for two weeks after tho. I've only gone a clean 48 hours without any sleep once - I workd for the last 12 hours which sucked.