Making noise: Voluntary or Involuntary?

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just curious, for those of you who make noise (be they squeaks or squeals, grunts or groans), how much of that do you have control over, and how much happens on it's own?

My gf can be quiet if need be, but says that actually requires an effort and it feels better for her when she can be loud.

What's it like for you?

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
I'm mute. I insert various sound effects for my partner but on my own, quiet as can be. However, that's my overall demeanor; it's not just in the bedroom. I'm reserved and contemplative.

I don't go over-the-top with it and try to be as natural as possible but ultimately, I'm not doing it without some thought. I'm in control of all you hear.

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me personally, mute while masturbating for sure.

During sex, I usually intentionally make what sounds I do make (for my gf's enjoyment, so she knows that I'm feeling good and etc). But occasionally she does something so well that it happens on it's own and I can't stop it :p

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Craig i recall this Q being on the front page within the last couple of weeks. Go back and read our answers or you will only get guy answers on this one. Once the ladies have answered the question...the dudes start answering instead.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I just didn't want you to think no one cares about the question you are asking. We ladies tend to answer them the first time they come up. Look up the thread from Ramsey that says something about how you like your man to sound, we not only mentioned how we liked our man to sound but also threw in some information about how we sound as well.

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ahhhhhh.

I saw that thread, but based on the title I just thought it was about men's noises so I didn't read past the title. It piqued my curiosity though, so I started the new one.

I'll go surf through it (link is here for anyone who wanted to save time http://www.lpsg.org/179628-do-you-like-when-your.html)

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Neither the bf or I intentionally make noise. I'm not always loud, although I frequently am, but if I try to be quiet, the effort and sudden self-consciousness will prevent me from orgasming.

I wish the bf made more noise. He barely makes any sound, but I swear ocassionally he sounds like he's growling very low, it's so throaty and deep and animal sounding. It really turns me on, but I wouldn't want him to do it intentionally. I'm turned on my natural sounds of pleasure, not just any sound. It would ruin it for me if I ever felt like he faked it. I'd rather rarely hear him than always feel like he's acting.

(I never answered in the first thread!)

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't remember this question being asked, and the question I do remember was about whether or not we like to hear men being noisy. Though we veered from the topic in that thread, I don't remember the discussion focusing on whether sound was forced or natural, so I'll answer here.

For me, I guess it's like blinking. I can control it if I have to, but controlling it is unpleasant. Otherwise, it will inevitably happen on its own.

Last edited:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yes i like my man to make deeper, grunting, manly, primitive, horse-like sounds. Makes me feel like a womang. ;)

We don't over do the sounds. We've had to be quieter since having a child. Her bedroom is close to ours and she is a night owl as well. We are pretty quiet im sure compared to most people. I get a little Tourette's and start using profanity like "Fuck!" when it hits it deep. Otherwise i am probably pretty quiet in order to focus on my own sensations and work with them.

When i orgasm on my own, im totally quiet, unless i hit a huge one and i cant help but make a little noise.

As for how quiet we can be, our daughter can be in the room next to us watching TV and we can say "Daddy needs to get dressed, so stay in there and give Daddy some privacy ok" and we can have a quickie and no one could ever know....unless they see us walk out all flushed and sweaty.

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It really turns me on, but I wouldn't want him to do it intentionally.

Oh, just to note, I mean I'll say things like "Mmmmmmm" when something she's doing feels really nice. I don't want it to come across that I'm making fake gorilla sounds and such :wink: Just trying to let her know what she's doing does feel good lest I lie their silently leaving her wondering.

The grunts and groans and heavy breathing at climax (and close to it) are involuntary.