Male POWs raped?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Look what happened when women were being raped when Yugoslavia broke up. I haven't seen any reports of men being raped there, but women who were raped were rejected by their families.

Please point out to me where I said that ALL women were raped or that NONE stood up to be counted or that ALL the women who were raped were rejected.

Please learn to understand that attempting to read between the lines is very risky and often results in incorrect conclusions.

Oh hon, I wasn`t reading between the lines, I was just too literal.
As I said it was a simple case of semantics!:redface:
You never said that NOT all the women who were raped were rejected by their families, I didnt`t know that when you say-but women who were raped were rejected by their families includes those who weren`t rejected.:wink:

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well it must be about sex and violence, otherwise people would just beat each other up.

There is no single theory that conclusively explains the motivation for rape; the motives of rapists can be multi-factorial and are subject to debate. Several factors have been proposed: anger, a desire for power, sadism, sexual gratification,[21] and evolutionary pressures.[21]

In ancient history, rape was viewed less as a type of assault on the female, than a serious property crime against the man to whom she belonged, typically the father or husband. The loss of virginity was an especially serious matter. The damage due to loss of virginity was reflected in her reduced prospects in finding a husband and in her bride price. This was especially true in the case of betrothed virgins, as the loss of chastity was perceived as severely depreciating her value to a prospective husband. In such cases, the law would void the betrothal and demand financial compensation from the rapist, payable to the woman's household, whose "goods" were "damaged".[90]
[from Wikipedia]

Really? I thought guys will be guys.

In straight culture they make jokes about not bending over in certain (gay) neighborhoods. Ha ha, wink wink, nudge nudge. In reality, "straight" guys commit the vast majority of rapes -- male and female.

In fact, it is thought that MOST rapes are male rapes committed by "straight" men. >>

The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (1999) estimated that 91% of U.S. rape victims are female and 9% are male, with 99% of the offenders being male.[6] In one survey of women, only two percent of respondents who stated they were sexually assaulted said that the assault was perpetrated by a stranger.[7] Several studies argue that male-male prisoner rape might be the most common and least-reported form of rape, with some studies suggesting such rapes are substantially more common in both per-capita and raw-number totals than male-female rapes in the general population.[8][9][10]

In 2001, Human Rights Watch estimated that at least 140,000 inmates in the United States had been raped while incarcerated,[1] and there is a significant variation in the rates of prison rape by race. Stop Prisoner Rape, Inc. statistics indicate that there are more men raped in U.S. prisons than non-incarcerated women similarly assaulted.
[Wikipedia]

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Big Dallas - thanks for the information about the historical significance.
Since being a victim is the worst thing (short of death) that can happen to a man it seems that the invading forces would go to whatever lengths necessary to ensure the public humiliation and shame of their victims.
Whenever invading forces are charged with war crimes it is common for raping women to be used as evidence of their cruelty.
Again, I've never heard men mentioned as being victims.
Any ideas why?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Since being a victim is the worst thing (short of death) that can happen to a man it seems that the invading forces would go to whatever lengths necessary to ensure the public humiliation and shame of their victims.
Whenever invading forces are charged with war crimes it is common for raping women to be used as evidence of their cruelty.
Any ideas why?

Maybe because men do not want to report the act. Not only is it humiliating but think as a man how you would feel walking into a police station (full of men) saying that you were raped by a man/ same goes for women. No one wants to admit they've been a victim, and the last thing a victim wants to do is be subjected to a physical and rounds of questioning. This is why rape goes unreported male and female. Personally I would never join the military because of this, I would flat out tell the people in my unit to shoot me before someone could take me hostage. Men may or may not feel the same. I can see where some men would find debasing another man this way a final blow to their pride and a final act of dominance. Oops EDIT... I'm not saying men are the only rapest by any means!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Any ideas why?

Because make victims are more likely to keep quiet about it than are female victims. It is even more humiliating for a man to be raped than it is for a woman to be raped.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Because male victims are more likely to keep quiet about it than are female victims. It is even more humiliating for a man to be raped than it is for a woman to be raped.

Absolutely. But someone did point out that the Ottomans raping the Christians was suppressed in the history books. I would like to hear more about that. What is that? Was it just something that wasn't talked about in those days?

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cause most dudes have to have a woman in the picture or they don't get turned on, although the idea of rape does not turn me on, so in those circumstances, I have wondered why they don't just fuck each other. It would be better to do something consensual with another guy than force someone who is trying to get away. I never have thought that would be any fun.

There's a whole lot of different things operating at different levels when rape occurs.*

As far as I'm concerned rape is what still happens to most newborn boys in U.S. hospitals. But some have said it is not rape if there is not a sexual motive. See asterisk.

Oh for fuck's sake. Leave your anti-circumcision rants in threads where they belong: anti circumcision threads. This thread is about man on man rape. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"What you may not have heard about the Air Academy's POW rape survival course was that it wasn't just the female cadets the Academy put through that program. The program itself was discontinued after the news broke that cadets of both sexes had made complaints that some training scenarios had become too "realistic," and that's a whole other story."

CadetStuff::Ethics::Bring Me Men

Tense0000

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It is common to hear reports of mass rapes of females when they are taken prisoner in war(s).
The latest reports are from Congo.
I've never heard of similar treatment of men in these situations. Are they simply covered up, or, do they not generally happen?

I would imagine it would also happen to men just as much as women as a POW. As a form of humiliation.
Of course they will not probably report it because of the shame and embarrassment they would feel.
I speak from a forceful taken advantage of from my cousin when I was 8. I was and have been ashamed and embarrassed to even speak about it. All I can say is that it impacts your life in a way that whether you are a POW or not, you will never be the same.

D_Navengil Nutroll

Experimental Member
Media
Cause most dudes have to have a woman in the picture or they don't get turned on, although the idea of rape does not turn me on, so in those circumstances, I have wondered why they don't just fuck each other. It would be better to do something consensual with another guy than force someone who is trying to get away. I never have thought that would be any fun.

There's a whole lot of different things operating at different levels when rape occurs.*

As far as I'm concerned rape is what still happens to most newborn boys in U.S. hospitals. But some have said it is not rape if there is not a sexual motive. See asterisk.

this post makes no sense.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Absolutely. But someone did point out that the Ottomans raping the Christians was suppressed in the history books. I would like to hear more about that. What is that? Was it just something that wasn't talked about in those days?

It may be because at one time there was more censorship. Some things were not even talked about and some words were not permitted in certain contexts.

At one time, the word "rape" was even avoided. If a newspaper reported a rape, the word "assault" was used instead. Thus, a woman might be beaten, slugged, etc., then "assaulted."

Women didn't have legs; legs were too erotic, so women had limbs instead. "Breast" was too erotic, so "bosom" was used instead. There were critics that satirized the hyper-delicacy that was prevalent at the time.

There were also political reasons for not mentioning certain things. It would probably would have been impolitic to mention that the Ottomans raped Christians.

When I studied American history in high school, we did not learn that blacks were lynched in the South. When I heard about that years later, at first I didn't even believe it. It was probably for political reasons that it, and other injustices, were omitted from history books.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Male POWs raped?...
I've never heard of similar treatment of men in these situations. Are they simply covered up, or, do they not generally happen?

You forgot about Abu Ghraib already?

Max please define rape for us.

^^If you are competent enough to use this website, you are also able to define rape yourself chgorunner, much less read about the rapes that occurred in Abu Grahib:

Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Raping of prisoners

Major General Antonio Taguba has stated that there is photographic evidence of rape being carried out by American military personnel at Abu Ghraib.[10] An Iraqi teenage boy was raped by a uniformed man while photos of it were taken by a female US military police.[11] The alleged rapist was identified by a witness as an American-Egyptian who worked as a translator, and who is now the subject of a civil court case in the US.[10] Another photo shows an American soldier apparently raping a female prisoner.[10] Other photos show sexual assaults on prisoners with objects including a truncheon, wire and a phosphorescent tube, and a female prisoner having her clothing forcibly removed to expose her breasts.[10] Taguba has supported President Obama's decision not to release the photos, stating “These pictures show torture, abuse, rape and every indecency.”[10http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse#cite_note-dt-9