Manscaping....new

shinato

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
it's weird but a conversation very similar to this came up between me and a straight friend of mine that has lived all over the USA. apparently there is a varying degree of standards across the US. apparently the are many area's in the US where people sahve it bald and surprisingly just the opposite in other parts of the nation where bush is the fad, with both men AND women.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I came to the Czech Republic about 15 years ago. I noticed even then that most guys were shaved smooth. I tried it and liked it and have stayed smooth ever since. Straight or gay, there seems to be more smooth men in Central/Eastern Europe than anywhere I've visited. A recent trip to the States revealed that most men in the locker room were not shaved or trimmed. I also noticed that increase in modesty in the US. Not one guy walked to the showers naked with towel in hand. Everyone of them wrapped the towel around them or walked to the shower in shorts and pulled them off right before entering the shower. I also noticed in two locker room wet areas that swim suits were mandatory in the sauna and steam rooms (all male by the way). I walked in the steam room naked (not seeing the sign) and was looked at like I was a weirdo.

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I mostly shave my shaft and scrotum and trim or scape my pubes. I've used all kinds of modern razors, from plastic disposables to the more expensive ones, from 2-bladed to 5-bladed, and never nicked myself once. And I do not shave 'more carefully' down there than I do my face. However, I don't use the same razor blade for both. Maybe that's why?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Pubic hair makes airflow in the crotch area possible, lessening the chances for irritation and fungal growth.
I don't know. I live in the desert where it is dry, but very hot in summertime. My experience is that body hair tends to hold sweat. May be different in a humid clime.

col1974

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hair can also increase surface area for bacterial growth - good, bad and indifferent bacteria that is. Perhaps a way of encouraging alluring pongs / pheremones ... the sweat galnds in pubic areas (arm pits too) tends to contain more fats. Bacterial metabolism converts these to volatile compounds giving the odour.
I like sweaty but not stale foetid pongs where you can see stink lines!!
I'd heard that hair discouraged skin on skin chafing but I'm not convinced.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hair can also increase surface area for bacterial growth - good, bad and indifferent bacteria that is. Perhaps a way of encouraging alluring pongs / pheremones ... the sweat galnds in pubic areas (arm pits too) tends to contain more fats. Bacterial metabolism converts these to volatile compounds giving the odour.
I like sweaty but not stale foetid pongs where you can see stink lines!!
I'd heard that hair discouraged skin on skin chafing but I'm not convinced.

What is a "pong?"

D_Parkinsonne Partycocke

Just Browsing
Media
I am a very hairy dude, and if I don't trim down there, it turns into a "jungle"! I keep it trimmed down with a little hair trimmer. I used to shave it with a razor, but that was a real pain in the ass...

I shaved it all off just once... Itched like a mother for a long while after! Even after using lotion and powder to try and stop the itching, it still itched like hell! NEVER AGAIN...

col1974

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A pong is generally some pungent odour or as google via "define: pong" would have it - an unpleasant smell.
Perhaps it's an unusual slang word but pretty well known in the UK. Sorry for any uncertainty.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A pong is generally some pungent odour or as google via "define: pong" would have it - an unpleasant smell.
Perhaps it's an unusual slang word but pretty well known in the UK. Sorry for any uncertainty.

No need to apologize, my brother!

Instead, I should thank you; I learned something new today!

Be well.

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I remember the first few times that I cut myself completely and I did have some itchiness down there but not at all anymore. I must have grown accustomed to it because I seriously forgot all about the itchiness that could result until I read about you people here.

SlickWilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always shave the cock & balls on saturday morning... & trim the pubes maybe once a month. Have never had a problem with itching. Have never cut myself.

I like the smooth, soft feeling & greater sensitivity... and so do others.

wayne

Experimental Member
Media
manscaping/ trimming/ shaving is all good...the huge thick bushes to me are like totally
behind the times. I'm glad men finally have the balls to shave their balls and stuff LOL