Masturbation

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by bigmuscle12, Nov 25, 2008.

1. bigmuscle12

bigmuscle12 New Member

I heard from somebody that masturbation releases testosterone with your semen, and therefore your body can stop growing, I dont really belive it, but is this true?

2. B_Austin Blue

B_Austin Blue New Member

If that were true - i'd be a 10 year old boy still!!

3. bigmuscle12

bigmuscle12 New Member

well thats why I figured it wouldent be true...lol

4. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

So, masturbators will be shorter than non-masturbators, who will grow unchecked?

No.

Testosterone is linked with balding, too, but jerking off more won't make your hair fall out faster, either! :wink:

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I would have turned back time by now.

#5 B_Nick8, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  6. D_Brecock Evileye

D_Brecock Evileye New Member

I am 30 and have jerked off for over fifteen years at least once every day. I am six foot + and have a very full head of hair. It is hard to belive that this kind of urban legends still circulate. It has been descoverd in medical studys that frequent ejaculation helps prevent prostate problems. Research has also shown that people who have frequent sex, more often than not, live longer and look younger.

7. opooo

opooo New Member

i think its more related to DHT-a than just testosterone...

8. B_zkrueger

B_zkrueger New Member

You're not about to affect your testosterone levels by masturbating.
    Testosterone is one of a handful of hormones your body uses to regulate sexual functioning. Testosterone is a factor in sperm production, for example, and in the development of secondary sex characteristics (like a sharper jawline or a deeper voice and broader shoulders). Don't be led to believe that since you will be producing more sperm as a masturbator that you'll over- or under-compensate for this in your testosterone production. Your brain will do a dandy job all on its own telling how much you need and how much to make. The only way you can really handicap yourself is by what you put into your body. That being said, aim for good nutrition, and avoid the use of anabolic steroids (which act like synthetic testosterone). By putting steroids in your body, your brain detects their elevated levels and figures that to retain normal levels, it has to decrease its own natural testosterone production. Because of this, the steroids injected do what little they can to help (not the best because remember they're only synthetic) and you lose out on your own testosterone factory. In the end, you hinder those activities your body naturally uses testosterone for (and really, no one WANTS their testicles to atrophy, do they?).

P.S. Biology/physiology/kinesiology is my field of study.

Draft saved Draft deleted