Measuring properly

las000005

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot of people on here are not measuring correctly as I can see from the photos with rulers next to their penises. They are measuring from the side. You should measure along the top with a tailors tape measure to follow the curve if their is one.

grandunification

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're right that they aren't measuring properly, but neither are you. You should not use a tape measure and follow curves. You want to measure linear distance. You should use a standard hard ruler, and place it gently on top not pushing into the skin at all, let alone pushing it into the pubic bone.

las000005

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you measure linear distance you are missing some of the measurement. When you are driving on a road to go somewhere do the signs have the linear distance to somewhere. No they follow the curves that you have to drive on. it is the same basic concept. Why would you not measure to the pubic bone. If you lose weight that is the part that is exposed it is not adding inches.

realmo

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
why not filling a glass full of water, right to the top.
and measure the water in it.
then stick in the errected penis in the water and measure again.
The difference is the size of your cock!
THAT is correctly, i think!

TheDeTour

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah the displacement method, difficult unless you use a proper displacement can, or arcihmedes can but a novel and good way of calculating ones overall volume, must try it someday!

driftingvoid

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Just face it: you're going to get inaccurate measurements from lots of guys.
Even if you managed to get people to learn how to use the measurement devices (instead of their imaginations... *sigh*), and properly position them for measuring, you'd still end up with idiots measuring in centimeters and claiming inches. Hell, browse the gallery long enough and you'll find some of that going on already.

SR_Pepe_LePube

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Finding your penis length

http://www.how-to-enlarge.info/images/erectpenis_length.gif

Penis length is defined as the linear distance along the dorsal side of the erect penis extending from the mons veneris to the tip of the glans. In terms you and I would understand, this means the penis length is measured in a straight line on the top side of the erect penis, from the skin of your belly to the tip of your penis. Penis circumference is defined as the linear distance around the widest, thickest, part of the erect penis (see below).
  1. Stimulate yourself using your method of choice until your cock is hard as a rock.
  2. Place your ruler on the skin of your belly, at the base of your erect penis. Do not press in against your belly, why cheat yourself?
  3. Press the ruler against your penis and read the nearest quarter-inch measurement at the tip of your penis.
Finding your penis circumference

http://www.how-to-enlarge.info/images/erectpenis_girth.gif

Penis length is not the only factor in determining penis size. The width, girth, or fatness, of a penis is also an important aspect when considering how you compare. Most people have a penis that is either longer and thinner, or shorter and fatter. Use the instructions below to determine your penile circumference (distance around the widest part of your penis).
  1. Stimulate yourself using your method of choice until your cock is hard as a rock.
  2. Place a fabric ruler or a string end at the widest part of your penis and wrap it carefully around one time. Mark the spot where the string first touches itself.
  3. If using string, take the marked string and lay it against the ruler. Read to the nearest quarter-inch measurement.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

lloyddobblerNJ

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's worth noting that in the Lifestyles condom measurement study, which is pretty much the most unbiased (not self-measuring) study (IMHO), length measurement was done along the top while pressing the ruler against the pubic bone.

If the official LPSG methodology is measuring without pressing the pubic bone, that's more than fine, and it's good for the site to have a standard... but let's not pretend that it is the standard way to measure outside of this site.

There are some problems with either method. In the non-pressing method, on some people, an honest few mm's or maybe quarter inch or more can be missed, if they have some fat there. While fucking, I don't think that fat deposit would stop a thrusting motion... it would most likely be compressed a bit, afterall, we're talking fat and skin.

Now with the bone pressing method, there is always the question of how much or how little pressing is done. My pressing may be less or more than your pressing. If I want to use all of my strength and press in on my pubic bone, I can press hard enough to almost draw blood and get an extra 8th of an inch... while someone else may press lightly...

Also, if someone has a serious curve in their dick, I can't see a problem in trying to follow the curve. All of that length goes in the pussy (or ass if that's your thing :wink:).

lloyddobblerNJ

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ya know what... I have to admit, the lifestyles (Ansell) condom's methodology may not have included bone pressing. They aren't really too clear. I read that they measure from where he shaft meets the pubic bone or words to that effect. At first I took that to mean bone pressing, but since they don't explicitly say that, I can't assume.

ticktock100

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I say get someone to stimulate your dick and let them measure how they will, might not get an accurate reading but its could be more fun

Mr_Cumalot

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I did have a measurement photo but I may have removed it. Can't remember. Anyway using the ruler touching the skin method I get to 7.3 inches. Bone pressed I am 7.8. I don't care how much people pretend it is so but I will never count a bone pressed 8 inch cock as an 8 inch cock. You can push your cock inside the girl all you like but I doubt you will get all the way through that fat pad.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Finding your penis length

http://www.how-to-enlarge.info/images/erectpenis_length.gif

Penis length is defined as the linear distance along the dorsal side of the erect penis extending from the mons veneris to the tip of the glans. In terms you and I would understand, this means the penis length is measured in a straight line on the top side of the erect penis, from the skin of your belly to the tip of your penis. Penis circumference is defined as the linear distance around the widest, thickest, part of the erect penis (see below).
  2. Place your ruler on the skin of your belly, at the base of your erect penis. Do not press in against your belly, why cheat yourself?
  3. Press the ruler against your penis and read the nearest quarter-inch measurement at the tip of your penis.
Finding your penis circumference

http://www.how-to-enlarge.info/images/erectpenis_girth.gif

Penis length is not the only factor in determining penis size. The width, girth, or fatness, of a penis is also an important aspect when considering how you compare. Most people have a penis that is either longer and thinner, or shorter and fatter. Use the instructions below to determine your penile circumference (distance around the widest part of your penis).
  2. Place a fabric ruler or a string end at the widest part of your penis and wrap it carefully around one time. Mark the spot where the string first touches itself.
  3. If using string, take the marked string and lay it against the ruler. Read to the nearest quarter-inch measurement.
Hope this helps.

This.