Men's Cologne

bthegreat

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm changing my personal style to a more classy look and I was wondering what men's cologne would represent that? Another question associated to this is how much cologne is enough and where to spray?

Idreamfilthy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Ralph Lauren Polo . Look for the Blue bottle, it's a classic, the chicks dig it.
Hit it in your hot spots where you feel a pulse, the scent will last for hours.
Also try Cool Water By Davidoff.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe a little cologne goes a long way. Nothing worse than "reeking" cologne.
Agreed.

I don't wear it but I find certain brands to be sexy since ex's of mine wore them.

Find one that smells nice on you and it does not have to be an expensive brand. I do not wear them at all and I just use scented musky soaps if anything at all.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For a more "classy" manly odor try:

Black: Kenneth Cole
Black: Polo/ Ralph Lauren
Him/L'uomo: Armani
Very Irresistible: Givenchy

Personally, I prefer lighter, sweeter scents, but those 4 are quite masculine.
Enjoy!

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wear Valentino... I like it cause it's not overpowering, but I always get compliments on it when people hug me or get close. Issey Miyake is also a great fragrance, very light, clean and masculine.

One small spray in the middle of the neck, then I always spray in the air and walk backwards through it... maybe that's an OCD thing. =)

Don't usually wear it. Used to have some Armani tho (nice and citrus-smelling).

Also, normal Hugo Boss is ok - quite laddish, lol.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Spraying tip:

Either, spray into the air then walk through the "cloud" of cologne.
or
Spray the back of your neck....

Less is more!

A quote from Coco Chanel sums this theory quite nicely......
"You should know that a lady has passed rather than a whore is approaching."

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Issey Miyake is also a great fragrance, very light, clean and masculine.

How many scents does IM make? I have Blue, and I love it, even if the cap keeps getting stuck on the pretty bottle.

For something really out of the ordinary, try Angel Man. It's a little on the sweet side at first, but if it's a good scent for your body chemistry, you'll be irresistible in about an hour. Vanilla and chocolate tones that mellow as the night goes on. You'll smell like a sexy cookie. And that's a good thing!

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have a HUGE collection of colognes...best place to smell what you like is Nordstrom..they have coffee beans to sniff in between fragrances so you aren't overwhelmed...when you find something you like spray it on your wrist and try another scent on the other wrist and walk around for an hour-- something that smells good at first might become cloying or disappear with your body chemistry....when you find a scent you like buy it from beautyencounters.com or fragrancex.com (both offer highly discounted prices and not fake stuff)

Classy scents:
BVLGARI line
Givenchy line
Armani line
Dolce&Gabbana line
Issey Miyake line

one of the websites I gave you actually breaks down the tones of the cologne and gives the "notes"...it'll also tell you woodsy or musky or sporty or clean or floral or night or day or winter or summer

When you chose a cologne remember-- it'll smell different on you than on the paper you spray it on to smell it...someting that you loved at first might make you nauseous after a while and something you weren't to crazy about might make you want to spray it on your pillow to smell all night

Good luck
and sorry if I rambled on-- cologne is kind of a fetish for me

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The right answer is "whatever makes you smell confident and desirable".

I'm not a fan of the current masculine "smells-like-a-tin-can" cliche; Kenneth Cole, Azzarro Chrome, etc all smell like the cheap base materials that they're made from. Feh.

My three places to start, to try three different style:

New West - the first "smells like the water" fragrance.
Kelly Caleche - Hermes' take on leather. It's technically a feminine, but it's a leather fragrance and works well on some guys.
Egoiste: Chanel's monster-selling mens.

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're uncertain what to buy ask for the small test vial, they're free, to see how you like it and to see how it reacts to your skin. I like some of the citrus based fragrances but they react on my skin. I try to wear a scent that no one else I know wears. It becomes my signature scent. If any one gets the same one, I through mine out and get a different one.

Right now I wear scents from Jo Malone like "Amber & Lavender" and "Pomegranate Noir".

Scent should be subtle. A person should be very close to you to before they can smell it. I apply it behind my knees or on my elbows.

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I bought a bottle of Green Irish Tweed once -- it was a fake, of course. If you ever see Green Irish Tweed for an unbelievable price (I paid a too-good-to-be-true $125), then it's going to be fake.

the good thing is, the bottle was filled with Davidoff Cool Water, and now it's one of my favorite scents. Live, learn, and sometimes the mistakes are happy.

Anyway, I also love Aveda Pure-Formance Aroma, and Vetiver de Puig.

rangisrovus19

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll let you in on a little secret.

John Varvatos Vintage.

From Sephora:
"This sensual, masculine fragrance is aromatic, with an assertive, spicy core and a warm, leathery-like background that makes it unique and inherently noble and gentlemanlike. Brisk Moroccan coastal plants spiked with piquant fruits, cinnamon tree leaves, pepper, lush florals, smooth woods, and Turkish tobacco make this scent truly unforgettable."

I have original John Varvatos, which is perfect enough, but somehow Vintage went beyond that. If you want to smell like a man, god damn.

You'll never use anything again. Period.