1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Mental Health

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Tight_N_Juicy, May 19, 2019.

1. Tight_N_Juicy

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Raise your hand if you have ever or currently are seeking counseling/therapy for a mental health issue.

*Raises hand high as fuck*

2. Chad1984

Gold Member Platinum Gold

Albums:
    Raising my hand all the way to the edge of the universe. I've been fighting it for ages.

3. 693987

693987 Guest

*raises hand*

I'm not interested in being on medication again, the many different ones I was on never did much for me. Having said that, I would like to start seeing a therapist again, once I can get my insurance situation/etc sorted out.

4. thisguy805

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    *Raises hand high in the sky.

Even when you think you're good and no longer need it, you still need it.

5. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    I saw a therapist for many years following a neurological diagnosis when I was young. It helped cope with all the expected problems, taught me ways to manage & control. Plus once I settled on the *right* therapist & style, I really opened up and that was a good thing, no matter how much I wanted to resist. I don't see that doctor anymore, but I still think of him fondly.

Also recently I saw a grief counselor after the death of mother about a year ago. Only been 4 times, started around the holidays. I go with my sister, we're seeing a family grief counselor. She's ok I guess.

6. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    *raises hand*

The therapy was waaay back in my childhood, about 30 years ago. I've never been formally diagnosed with depression (just a couple of quick Q&A sessions with trained counsellors) but I suspect that I have a very mild form. Perhaps some social issues that may indicate something else.

My comment might be a bit confusing because it's something I just can't put into words.

BigdongSE, MickeyLee, Enid and 3 others like this.
  7. MickeyLee

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Being batshit gets old after a while. Currently swallowing headmeds by the hand full and attempting to get my demons in a nice straight line. I don't need them gone, just not cavorting around like mad.

8. Chad1984

Gold Member Platinum Gold

Albums:
    Amen, brother.

Tight_N_Juicy and thisguy805 like this.
  9. 693987

693987 Guest

Point of clarification, just because I never found meds that worked for me... I'm well aware of and fully appreciate that there are meds out there that do help other folks. Whatever helps people find their inner equilibrium safely :heart:

BigdongSE, malakos, twoton and 2 others like this.
  10. palakaorion

palakaorion Legendary Member

11. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    speaking of,and sympathizing immensley
    wnile dedicating my working life to prople with such health afflictions amongst others,untraned/non proffessional
    and being moderately successful in a 'hands on way'i freely admit
    am a firm believer that some of us are destined to fulfil our lives witth what destiny provides us

irony is
    had a major choking episode just 12 houts ago
    my Dr has warned that my main problem with my afflicton is swallowing and eventually not being able to speak

so
    small comfort,but i do feel a lot for those of you expressing your condition
    some,a lifetime,mine,in latter life

12. Experiment_626

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  13. 1345864

1345864 Guest

Used to see a counselor many, many years ago but didn't find it particularly helpful. I take meds for depression myself, which keeps it under control. Thankfully, zero side effects.

Battle very, VERY hard with self-esteem problems and dysmorphia at times. But staying afloat, for the most part. :D

14. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    related
    maybe of interest to some

SCIENCE
    A Waste of 1,000 Research Papers
    Decades of early research on the genetics of depression were built on nonexistent foundations. How did that happen?

Depression gene’ research built on sand
    A large study that found no evidence of a ‘depression gene’ is bolstering long-running doubts about the foundation of thousands of psychiatric-genetics papers. Using huge data sets, researchers analysed 18 candidate genes that have been most commonly linked to depression, and found no evidence that any of the genes influenced depression risk. “This should be a real cautionary tale,” says psychiatric geneticist Matthew Keller. “How on Earth could we have spent 20 years and hundreds of millions of dollars studying pure noise?”

[​IMG]

The Atlantic | 8 min read
    Reference: The American Journal of Psychiatry paper

A Waste of 1,000 Research Papers

Toddcc987 likes this.
  15. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    Over the past 15 years I've been on enough different SSRIs and ADD meds that I felt like a friggin' pharmacy lab.
    It started with counseling. I went to three (?) sessions. I just didn't like it and told her that I was working really hard to not have to see her any more. Nothing personal, mind you. She suggested I go to my family doc for an Rx for anxiety. She also suggested that I might have ADD.

Anyway, I've spent the past month (?) tapering the SSRI. I went from 20mg to 5mg. No brain shivers so far. As for the ADD med--- without it life doesn't work as well. I just wish I'd have had it when I was TOS.

16. 516778

516778 Guest

I'm not but I should be.

Tight_N_Juicy likes this.
  17. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
  18. meningreentights

meningreentights Superior Member

I talked to a counselor in the early 80's because I was dying from physical pain, and medical science didn't know what to do. I'd suffered sulfuric acid poisoning and was dying from it, and lack of sleep. It turns out a prescription nose spray combined with allergy injections saved my life.
    He worked by day at MHMR, and at night had his own practice. I used to see him on evenings. He told me that what I'd endured was one of the worst cases of abuse he'd ever seen. He used the term "concentration camp" to refer to my life with my family. It resulted in a lot of health issues. He also told me that I was one of the most sane people he'd ever met.
    It helped me just to talk about the pain, and get positive affirmation back about what happened. I even let him know about having been sexually abused by a coworker when I was too ill to fight them off. It had caused me confusion, and I was able to see the truth about it.
    I've since had a TIA, and a head injury in a wreck. I live in severe unending pain. I am frustrated by my limitations, and the twisting of my body.
    I now take something every morning that doesn't keep me from feeling any emotions but it keeps me from spiraling into despair. I am most grateful for it. Nobody ever guessed about the sadness I lived in day in and out. I always smiled and acted pleasant.
    The body has over 100 thousand chemical reactions a second. It is 6 million a minute. It is 360 million an hour, and 8 billion 640 million chemical reactions in the body per 24 hr period. All it takes is something small to get off balance, and you've got tons of issues.
    Be kind to yourself.

19. 1345864

1345864 Guest

You've been through a meat grinder, that's for sure. Damn.

And sexually abused while ill and helpless.... whoever did that to you is the very definition of "lower than a snake's ballbag."

20. meningreentights

meningreentights Superior Member

Thank you. I took comfort in knowing that at the end of his life he was at the mercy of others.
    At least he just wanted my big one, and nothing else. I was just a giant walking penis to him. Small consolation but it kept it from being worse.
    He lost the best friend he ever had by doing it. May his soul rest in hell.

Toddcc987 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice