Need your recommendation

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
I will get right to the point. I have allergies, primarily environmental, which are bothersome most times, but I manage to control the reactions with medication or avoiding situations that will bring on an attack. The problem which I have now is that I have developed allergies to the ingredients in deodorants and antiperspirants. (Fortunately for y'all odors cannot be detected through the computer) I have tried a variety of products and the reaction is the same; severe redness and soreness that even prevents me from raising my arms even to shoulder level. Consequently I do not apply any product to my pits. Do any of you use some of the natural products that are marketed? If so, where do you purchase your antiperspirants and what are the names of these products? I would prefer to buy off of the shelf. Mail order can be a nuisance. Your responses will definitely be appreciated, particularly by anyone who happens to be in close proximity to me!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Natural Sensitive Care Deodorant Stick

I heard of Toms on a show that was talking about aluminum in antiperspirant. Tom's does not have any.

They have a store locator link.

From what I understand Aluminum is found in antiperspirants and not deodorants.

Last edited:

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why not try giving up on artificial products altogether, do what your body is telling you and go for the natural option?

The theory is that if you let your natural skin bacteriological ecology take over, you won't smell bad. Which means not applying soap or chemicals to your skin except to remove greasy dirt. Just rinse in warm or hot water frequently instead. It takes about two weeks to get things settled, during which you have to shower or bathe very frequently or you will smell bad. After that, once a day should suffice.

The bad smells are generated by opportunistic bacteria which are common in the enviroment. If you stop wiping out the bacteria on your skin, eventually an efficient colony of micro-organisms will get established that won't generate bad smells. Just a slight musky odour that is not unpleasant, in fact it is what expensive colognes are trying to replicate, but it's free!

My pits ain't seen deodorant, anti-perspirant or soap since the heatwave of 1976, when I was immersing myself in a bath of cool water several times a day anyway. Their freshly-bathed scent is best described as lightly musky with woody high-notes of cedar and sandalwood.

I've never been accused of having BO. But I have been complimented on my choice of cologne by women in the office!

Last edited: