Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Jared breaks down the fundamentals of negging on Silicon Valley in a few short seconds, by explaining to Richard how he was just “reverse-negged” by VCs at the previous meeting.
View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

Frozen Heart

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Negging is a species of a larger family of insults: negative or insulting comments to or about someone in order to accentuate yourself or damage other ppl. Those are insecurities tatics. When we give name to something, we may focus our hatred in it, but this is a behavior so common in our daily life that we must guard ourselves from it. This goes beyond the "art of seduction".

D

deleted5506831

Oh man, where do I start:

My favs from my high school ex:
You really think you should be eating that? (As I'm 5'6" and weighed 100 pounds. Thanks highschool eating disorder)

Why can't you look like Heidi Klum?

You'd be really smart if it weren't for your ADD
(the ability, or lack of, to finish a thought has nothing to do with intelligence)

Other favs:
Random guy: Your arms are too muscular for a girl.
(Sorry your ego is so fragile).

You'd be really pretty if you smiled more (and you'd be more pleasant of you didn't talk)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My comments in bold in quote.
This is what I’m thinking during such comments.

Oh man, where do I start:

My favs from my high school ex:
You really think you should be eating that? (As I'm 5'6" and weighed 100 pounds. Thanks highschool eating disorder) Do you buy my food? Do you have a degree or certification in nutrition?

Why can't you look like Heidi Klum? Why can’t you look like something other than a horses ass?

You'd be really smart if it weren't for your ADD
(the ability, or lack of, to finish a thought has nothing to do with intelligence) You’d be really smart if you’d shut up.

Other favs:
Random guy: Your arms are too muscular for a girl.
(Sorry your ego is so fragile). Afraid I’d beat you arm wrestling?

You'd be really pretty if you smiled more (and you'd be more pleasant of you didn't talk)
You’d be more attractive if you kept such thoughts to yourself.

Hassall

Sexy Member
Media
Eugene, Oregon, United States of America (the)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't know. As a Southern gentleman if I heard another guy saying anything like that to a woman I would probably punch in him the throat, not to save your honor but on behalf of all true Southern gentlemen.

I'm right with you dude. I was raised in the Deep South by mom that would back hand me if I said anything disrespectful to a lady like that. I'm a jokester, a prankster, have one of the foulest mouths in theworld and an R and X rated sense of humor. That said, if I am going to compilment a lady I will do so in a proper manner. Whether she is attractive or not should not be in a greeting, even if you are attracted to her. There is always a proper way to show that attraction.

I hate this mostly because I’m such a huge fan of good sarcasm

Me too, I can come up with quip for just about anything. I'll let loose on other dudes. I love a good insult back and forth. There have been a few women I'll do it with. But they're women I've known for years, and know what not to joke about them. With women I don't know, or not that well \, I won't even bother even counter even if they start.

Reactions: Lance V

Nosuportneeded

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm right with you dude. I was raised in the Deep South by mom that would back hand me if I said anything disrespectful to a lady like that. I'm a jokester, a prankster, have one of the foulest mouths in theworld and an R and X rated sense of humor. That said, if I am going to compilment a lady I will do so in a proper manner. Whether she is attractive or not should not be in a greeting, even if you are attracted to her. There is always a proper way to show that attraction.

Me too, I can come up with quip for just about anything. I'll let loose on other dudes. I love a good insult back and forth. There have been a few women I'll do it with. But they're women I've known for years, and know what not to joke about them. With women I don't know, or not that well \, I won't even bother even counter even if they start.

In retrospect, I’m more of a fan of irony. Sarcasm is a side effect with shitty effects sometimes

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Negging is common in female subs in BDSM I.e humiliation ect

But not at the start of a relationship negging usually isn’t accepted .

WRONG. Humiliation in BDSM context is negotiated and consensual.
Negging is someone being as ass.

Reactions: Rewardheragain148

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Anything about makeup used to be a common one for me. "Why don't you wear it more often? You look so good with it" kind of thing.

It's time consuming and expensive, that's why! :joy:
I do hope you say, “and you are so much more attractive without your foot in your mouth.”

Reactions: StormbornKhaleesi

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Right, negotiated humiliation, pain and other demoralizing actions lol

you don’t play in bdsm do you?

most humiliation play is Dommes and male subs. sure it goes the other way, but the second one feels their boundaries are crossed it ends.
Some jack wagon in a bar using negging techniques is just a jack wagon in a bar who hopefully goes hone alone.

MilfBanger78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Eh, negging is crap. I studied the PUA stuff yrs ago, most is jibberish. Negging is sold as a way basically for less attractive males to take a more attractive woman down a peg and supposedly level the playing field. If you're a somewhat attractive male, lift weights, etc have any personality or charm at all, you dont have to do that crap.

Now I will say, showering an attractive woman with compliments right off the bat is a losing strategy. She hears that shit all day between work, bars, online social media etc. so just fawning all over her is not gonna make you stand out in any way. But negging is a different thing. Just treat her like a normal person.

One strategy I did employ with a lot of success was "Cocky/funny". Its basically being sorta cocky but in a humorous and self-deprecating manner.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Negging is insulting, not “treating like a normal person.”
It shows the dude is just game playing and has no substance, or really, style.
It’s immature, petty and hateful. Also rather unintelligent.

Remember where you are posting.

T

T_Lurch

I'm pretty maladroit when it comes to the dynamics of hitting on someone (i.e., I'm shit at it), but I know sleazy manipulation when I see it. Negging strikes me as also being a smidge sociopathic.

I can only hope most women are smart enough not to fall for some slick-talking shittum with a glib tongue. Hopefully most of the time this tactic fails.