new level: bromance

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by zoeloewarrior, Jun 15, 2009.

1. zoeloewarrior

zoeloewarrior New Member

ok so ive been wondering has anybody here ever been involved in a bromance but wantd it to be a bromance with benefits? what would these benefits be and what would the boundary that seperates this from bi-sexual or gay behaviour?

2. NOINRI

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I love the lengths guys that claim to be "heterosexual" go to in order to stretch the boundaries to deem a homosexual act a heterosexual one.

3. nashboy

nashboy Active Member

Albums:
    sorry dude but a bromance is only for straight guys...not guys that wanna fuck other guys.

#3 nashboy, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  4. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

A while ago someone posted this text on here:

if there's such a rush behind meeting someone new; you're captivated, maybe not in the jump-your-bones kinda way, but you feel really really good and energized being around this person. Being in his company brings out the best of your personality traits, and in interacting with them, there's a really good camaraderie and fit. It's also a little disarming. Being so struck by this individual and knowing that there's good friendship chemistry present, you start letting down your guard/boundaries down a little more quickly than with most people.

I think it describes nicely how a good friendship between guys can be without the sexual stuff that a lot of people think is needed.

5. jeepboi87

jeepboi87 New Member

why does everyone try to label or say whats gay, straight, bi, ????....who the fuck cares?

6. NOINRI

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A lot of people. Specifically the people who label, which happen to be the majority. I don't see anything wrong with acknowledging acts as what they are. Tis life. Just don't get delusional with it and think you can do certain things and still only fall under those specific categories in which you feel comfortable with. Can't have your cake and eat it too in this case.

7. zoeloewarrior

zoeloewarrior New Member

well im mainly asking about sexual boundaries between two guys. e.g two guys sleeping naked together. f.y.i bromances can occur in homosexual/straight relationships

8. NOINRI

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If it's something sexual between 2 males then it's homosexual. At the same time one or both can be bicurious but they're still involved in a homosexual act.

If it's a "relationship" that 2 males are involved in then it's a homosexual relationship, not a bromance.

9. invisibleman

Gold Member

Bromance. Isn't that a metrosexual ideal? :confused:

10. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

The only benefit to a bromance is the close friendship. I think there's room for affection, but it doesn't go beyond a hug. Nothing going on below the waist.

11. invisibleman

Gold Member

That is male bonding. You know it is bromance...when people THINK that there is sharing tools from each other's tool boxes.

12. heist

heist New Member

Albums:
    A true "bromance" is when you love a guy but don't find him sexually attractive. Adding in "benefits" by definition changes it from a bromance to a basic, normal relationship.

I would say that most people are confused and think bromance includes any sort of male-male friendship. But that doesn't make sense, because that's what the word "friends" is for. And after all, bromance is derived from the relationship that "bros" have with each other -- which is much closer than friendship, but not sexual (hence, "bro").

13. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

*sigh*
    Bromance is homosexuality for so-called straight men, without the social stigmas so many gays endure.

Otherwise, you'd have these things called..I dunno,..."best friends", "blood brothers", "brothers from another mother"?

Jesus, if you're actively bi, there's no shame in admitting it!

14. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I tried the arena, found myself becoming selfish towards my time and realized after a nasty emotional encounter with an individual who liked to pick arguments, that I already had a solid life, a kid and a job. This is "extra". Even with my wife's approval, the only thing lost would be time with her.

Someone had to lose, and it wasn't going to be her. And it would add up in many other ways.

15. ruggermike

ruggermike New Member

Yeah, i gotta agree. A "bromance" with benefits is just a romance.

Now, that said, there is nothing necessarily sexual about two mates sleeping together naked or anything like that, as long as it doesn't get sexual. I mean, I go to the gym and shower (naked) with my best mate all the time, but we're not getting off with each other, you could say it is a "bormance" but it's definitely not sexual (though we do talk about sex all the time!).

16. Smaccoms

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the definition of bromance is different for different people, and that it's liek that on purpose. While you do have the existing non-sexual relationship of guys who platonically love each other, I think the term is misused with guys who don't want to admit their sexuality. The term is used with so many different ways, everyone gets confused and doesn't know what to make of it, thus, their sexuality remains a mystery. It's a social tool for guys who aren't ready to face themselves. This is why I dont worry about, I'm not striaght, and I know myself, so the term is meaningless in my personal life

17. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    my sentiments exactly. I think that is my motto from now on

18. B_henry miller

B_henry miller New Member

At least according to Wikipidia, there can be a bromance between a gay guy and a straight guy. I don't see why not.... Gay men can be "bros."

Bromance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19. B_henry miller

B_henry miller New Member

20. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted