Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This time of year at the gym has it's pluses and minuses. The negative is the gym gets crowded with lots of people who don't know how to use the equipment. As one of my buddies said, "It is like Christmas mass in here. People who only come once a year." The positive is all the "fresh" guys in the locker room. It is funny though how it seems it is mostly the older guys who will get naked, but most of the younger ones shy away from stripping down passed their underwear. Found this sad article that may explain some of it... https://www.wikihow.com/Change-In-a-School-Locker-Room

Anyone else have similar feelings/experiences in the gym the last few days?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bondi

Bondi

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’m with you. I feel a little evil secretly wishing people fail fast with their New Year’s resolutions so the crowds get back to normal quickly.

On the other hand, big kudos to those that stick with it and get to a healthier place.

BillnotWill

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree with both of you, glad people are wanting to better themselves, but...I hate when they don’t know how to use equipment and/or don’t follow etiquette (like wiping down the station when they are done or how to share a lane in the pool).

Then again there is also the benefit of spying some new sausages...i .e. esterday there was a new guy that was omg thick, not too long but I don’t think I have ever seen such a fat softy before.
DAC86EBA-915C-4403-B225-80EE416EE4DF.jpeg

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The flood of new people can be irritating at times, because it hinders my pace/routine.
But...I don't mind the new ones that just look a little lost. @Snarky_succubus & I try to make ourselves look approachable, if somebody has questions, etc..
The ones that truly get on our nerves are the douchebag guys that are ego lifting... Way too much weight & shitty form... Thinking that they're gonna impress somebody.
Looking forward to all of em getting their two to four weeks of "working out" done & getting the fuck out of the way.

My gym doesn't seem more full than usual. But it's true I've been trying to go in the mornings rather than evenings lately. But i've noticed new people, mostly skinny or fat people. been giving some advice to the ones seeming nice (or hot lol).

Reactions: BillnotWill

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The flood of new people can be irritating at times, because it hinders my pace/routine.
But...I don't mind the new ones that just look a little lost. @Snarky_succubus & I try to make ourselves look approachable, if somebody has questions, etc..
The ones that truly get on our nerves are the douchebag guys that are ego lifting... Way too much weight & shitty form... Thinking that they're gonna impress somebody.
Looking forward to all of em getting their two to four weeks of "working out" done & getting the fuck out of the way.

This. I'm happy for anybody to be in there, no matter what level they're at... if they're putting in genuine effort. What I cannot stand is the people who linger around on machines taking selfies, hoard dumbbells, drag yoga mats out into the weight room so they can show off their asses, or spend 10 minutes between sets recovering from both 1/4 reps they did on the bench with way more weight than they can actually move. If you want to get in shape and you don't know what you're doing... ask someone (the experienced lifters, more often than not, are happy to help as long as we're not in the middle of a set) or get a trainer. If you want to stretch, there's a room for that. If you come to the gym to flirt... fine... go do it in the lobby or at least step away from the equipment you're using before you spend an hour getting your mack on... and if you're trying to impress people by putting the big boy plates on the bar when you're not ready for them... know that you're failing at it. Also know that if I pull a muscle trying to save you from your ego when that shit crashes down on your chest and you cant get it off (which I absolutely will do even if the person stuck is an idiot)... I'm at the *very* least going to chew you out for being dumb.

BillnotWill

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This. I'm happy for anybody to be in there, no matter what level they're at... if they're putting in genuine effort. What I cannot stand is the people who linger around on machines taking selfies, hoard dumbbells, drag yoga mats out into the weight room so they can show off their asses, or spend 10 minutes between sets recovering from both 1/4 reps they did on the bench with way more weight than they can actually move. If you want to get in shape and you don't know what you're doing... ask someone (the experienced lifters, more often than not, are happy to help as long as we're not in the middle of a set) or get a trainer. If you want to stretch, there's a room for that. If you come to the gym to flirt... fine... go do it in the lobby or at least step away from the equipment you're using before you spend an hour getting your mack on... and if you're trying to impress people by putting the big boy plates on the bar when you're not ready for them... know that you're failing at it. Also know that if I pull a muscle trying to save you from your ego when that shit crashes down on your chest and you cant get it off (which I absolutely will do even if the person stuck is an idiot)... I'm at the *very* least going to chew you out for being dumb.
Amen!

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
With pool, weights and road bike at home I only gym when traveling these days, but I remember the resolution crowds. Always new opportunities there...:imp:

I agree with both of you, glad people are wanting to better themselves, but...I hate when they don’t know how to use equipment and/or don’t follow etiquette (like wiping down the station when they are done or how to share a lane in the pool).

Then again there is also the benefit of spying some new sausages...i .e. esterday there was a new guy that was omg thick, not too long but I don’t think I have ever seen such a fat softy before.
View attachment 935749
Where were these pictures taken that allow men to work out shirtless?

bigsam123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This time of year at the gym has it's pluses and minuses. The negative is the gym gets crowded with lots of people who don't know how to use the equipment. As one of my buddies said, "It is like Christmas mass in here. People who only come once a year." The positive is all the "fresh" guys in the locker room. It is funny though how it seems it is mostly the older guys who will get naked, but most of the younger ones shy away from stripping down passed their underwear. Found this sad article that may explain some of it... https://www.wikihow.com/Change-In-a-School-Locker-Room

Anyone else have similar feelings/experiences in the gym the last few days?

View attachment 934481

It's Feb.13. The gaggle of fatties should be gone by now.