Not into sex

Titanomachina

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Needless to say, sex has lost its appeal to me. I used to want it but now I'm just bored of it. Before you ask, no I am not interested in any of the kinks people speak of. I have tried some and I honestly don't see the appeal for people.

This of course puts me in a predicament. As most men in the gay community are big into sex, being the one person who finds it dull and boring is obviously going to get some looks. What ever should I do?

Needless to say, sex has lost its appeal to me. I used to want it but now I'm just bored of it. Before you ask, no I am not interested in any of the kinks people speak of. I have tried some and I honestly don't see the appeal for people.

This of course puts me in a predicament. As most men in the gay community are big into sex, being the one person who finds it dull and boring is obviously going to get some looks. What ever should I do?

Maybe, you still need to find the right person.

TheEnergizerBunny

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A guy I was with was like that. We met originally just to hook-up but we connected and started meeting more often, but we often wouldn't have sex, but not also not really date, it was just us cuddling or being physically close with one another, but nothing sexual. He never opened up or expressed anything but for me, it felt like all he wanted was intimacy. He didn't need the sex; if he wanted it, he could have it, or he could masturbate, but he seemed like he was craving intimacy, and usually that only comes from a partner or someone you feel safe/close with. I'm not saying you're in the exact situation, but there are always several possibilities. We would meet every once in a while and just have wine and cuddle on his couch, the furthest we go being little kisses, but nothing more, and it worked for both of us. After some time, I began to think he wouldn't instigate anything sexual again, but over time, he did and so sometimes we would have sex, sometimes we wouldn't. I think sometimes we just want the embrace, and not just after sex, but as a part of the time spent together in itself.

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Two ways of looking at this. One is that you really aren't interested in sex and the other is that you're not experiencing the type of sexual encounter that you would be interested in.

If you're not interested in sex, then you have some options and choices to make.
If you want to date someone that is interested in sex and more, then if that "more" is worth it, you may have to find a way to gratify or satisfy their sexual desires. If you don't, then you risk the "more".
Or, you have to find someone who doesn't want sex either. That certainly limits the number of possible matches, but you only need to find the one that works.

If you haven't found the type of sexual encounter that does interest you, then you need to experiment with yourself to figure out what you want and what pleases you. You may be missing something in the sexual encounter that makes sparks fly for you. To figure out if this is the case, ask yourself "do I masturbate?" and "do I enjoy the feeling of an orgasm?". If you answer "yes", then you would probably enjoy sex, but haven't found the type or style that works for you.

Interesting story...

There is a gay couple that have been together a long time. One of them underwent cancer treatment and after the radiation/chemotherapy had ZERO libido. Neither mentally nor physically was interested in sex. His partner still desired sex.

In the past, after sex, they would have time where they snuggled and were intimate. It was blissful for both of them. Now that they weren't having sex, those moments were lost.

The cancer survivor made a choice. He realized he could still have all of the wonderful moments, if he allowed his husband to have sex with him. So, for joy and selfishness, he would make out, seduce, go down on, and allow his husband to fuck him. He didn't enjoy the sex, BUT, he got tremendous fulfillment from the afterglow.

If you ask him he says, "I can deal with a little bit of discomfort in my bum, to enjoy those perfect intimate moments with the man I love."

hvdude

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe you're putting too much pressure on yourself trying to conform to what the community thinks is "normal".

Live your life on your terms. If sex is not on the radar, so be it. Make wonderful friendships and share your life with them. There may come a time where a friend becomes more, unexpectedly. At that point you can decide which path you want to take. We're all on our own road and what's right for one person may not be for another.

Good, solid and loving friends are important in everyone's life. Start there.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have friends who are a married gay couple and they both do not like sex at all. They love each other, take care of each other, nurture and support each other, and are deeply invested in making their lives together happy and comfortable. It works well for them. There is no one way to live or to be.

Titanomachina

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's just that sex feels like a chore really. If I go without masturbating for a few days I get some kind of "anxiety" down there that doesn't go away until I do it. It's really rather annoying. I have to take care of business just to be able to get on with life. Even then I find sex to be a bit gross really, the smells, the physical exertion, fluids, it's hardly what one would call desirable.

Bottoming is painful. Even when it isn't I feel no stimulation down there.

To me sex just feels like work, there is hardly much pleasure in it. Yet despite that my body does get hot in anticipation around guys. It's weird. Even just looking at other guys is weird, their dicks just seem weird for some reason. It almost feels like something isn't right.

I guess I just feel like guys don't belong that way.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's just that sex feels like a chore really. If I go without masturbating for a few days I get some kind of "anxiety" down there that doesn't go away until I do it. It's really rather annoying. I have to take care of business just to be able to get on with life. Even then I find sex to be a bit gross really, the smells, the physical exertion, fluids, it's hardly what one would call desirable.

Bottoming is painful. Even when it isn't I feel no stimulation down there.

To me sex just feels like work, there is hardly much pleasure in it. Yet despite that my body does get hot in anticipation around guys. It's weird. Even just looking at other guys is weird, their dicks just seem weird for some reason. It almost feels like something isn't right.

I guess I just feel like guys don't belong that way.

If you are unhappy about your situation, perhaps some time with a therapist would be helpful. You might gain some insight in to how this came to be, or you might find ways to look at it that produces some change. There are no guarantees, but it seems like it would be worthwhile to look into.

Titanomachina

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's sort of always been the case for me. Sex is just work for me. The other person is just a body for me to get it over with.

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Find hobbies. Interests. Maybe a sport.

There's no actual NEED to have sex.

Even though it's an important part of life to most people.

I think I may have mild Asperger's, and have found that working out all the possibilities - fetishes, toys, activities - in bdsm sort of helped me bridge the gap. Sex doesn't all have to be about romance or even friendship...

Though that can make it even better...

Sorry if this has been put too crudely.