Nude in Art Class

MadMax90

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have considered applying for a model for art classes, as a way to earn some extra money. Now is my question if anyone here already has experience posing as a nude model?

I am afraid if I do it for girls of my own age I might get an erection while posing. I will apply for a different university than my own to avoid being recognized by fellow students, but still its quite a fear I have.

So if anyone here has some basic tips, I would appreciate that a lot.

<3

Max

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You have to be able to sit perfectly still for a long time. It's such a non sensuous experience I don't think you need to worry about having an erection. The biggest draw back is finding a way to occupy your thoughts so you don't go stark raving mad... Plus bring something warm to slip on during breaks it's generally cold in the studio.

ruforreal

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I have some experience with live modeling. I would always get scared beforehand of getting an erection, but it never happened! It wasn't even an issue most of the time when I would model. Nudeyorker's advice is good. The only time I ever got an almost boner is from letting my mind wander into the gutter while I was holding a pose.

Then again, I only have experience modeling for an older crowd.

Reactions: Sensual Dude

MadMax90

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks guys. Maybe I should model for an older crowd as well. Posing nude for a group of clothed female students might get me aroused. However at the university they were looking for people.

Reactions: Notaes

ruggero

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
go for it it's not really a worry and you can usually think it away, don't be over ambitious in your poses though, the biggest taboo is not being able to hold the pose for the time specified.
in a smaller group I like it if the model does swell, I usually leave the cock blank until he has relaxed, his balls have dropped and his cock has taken on a semi swollen comfortable drop, then I fill it in when he's at his best. I can't remember a full erection in public classes in all my 40 years of drawing.
If he's modelling privately for me I like to draw "it" in various phases all at once on the same body it creates a marvellous movement! (ie if he swells I draw it in as well)
First try modelling at a smaller art society group where most of them are older to start with, you'll gain valuable experience before you hit the younger set.
with some practice you'll go a really long way !
oh and don't start with a sculpture group, if the pose is really uncomfortable, then mine wanted me to do it again and again from different angles, the first was awful the repeats were just torture!
cheers and thanks for your photos, I'd sure like to draw you, but I bet you're a world away !

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I say go for it dude. Your photos look very impressive, so whatever class you go to pose for is in for a treat!! You may start to get hard, but usually it'll fade away once you have been naked for a few minutes and your adrenaline slows down. If not, just cover up and tell the teacher you need a few minutes and explain it is your first time. I'd love to see your body standing there in front of me for a hour or more... with at least a semi!

MisterSlave

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
attended art school, here. . hafe a BFA in fine art. I an say, buddy. . that its work. remain professional.. #1, and #2 boners do happen. . and well. . be happy knowing the young artists will be sketching that too. I did a few drawings in my day, with guys who had erections. . girls, who's nipples got hard. . things happen. . we are human.

MisterSlave

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have even posed myself. . . and yah, you have to remain Still for up to 30 or 45 mins at a time. I did a 30 min pose. . with a cube on my shoulder once, like Atlas. . the class got good drawings, but it killed my back neck arms and legs. . lol. . people suffer for art. . but. . if its the erection you are worried about. . don't worry. . like I said. . things happen.

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You should totally do it. Life is short. Just practice holding a pose for 10 solid minutes on your feet. Hold a broom or something to stabilize yourself.

B_Sweetcar

Sexy Member
Media
I've taken art classes where we've had nude models but they've all been female so far. The hardest part of modeling, like everyone else has said is trying to keep a pose for any length of time. I've posed in front of the class (clothed) a few time do poses that are less than 5 minutes. You'd be surprised how hard it is to stay in one position for even 5 minutes.

As far as the classes go, when we have a live model, everyone is a bit uncomfortable for the first few minutes especially if its a FIRST time experience like that. Everyone pretty much settles down to the work at hand after a few minutes and there's really nothing 'sexual' about it. NOW, I'm a guy and if we had a young male model I"D be the one afraid of having an erection!

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
attended art school, here. . hafe a BFA in fine art. I an say, buddy. . that its work. remain professional.. #1, and #2 boners do happen. . and well. . be happy knowing the young artists will be sketching that too. I did a few drawings in my day, with guys who had erections. . girls, who's nipples got hard. . things happen. . we are human.

what's worse than getting an unwanted erection is pre-cum! Has that ever happened with a male model?

I once was getting a full body spraytan (yes nude), and it was somehow very erotic, at least in my head. I never got hard but was different levels of semi for about 30 minutes (yes the girl was slow). When she walked out to let me dry, I looked down and had a HUGE pre-cum hanging almost to the floor!!

Triasco

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Thank goodness I don't produce pre-cum myself (any other time, it's such a shame...). I think this would be something interesting to try at some point in my life, though I have no idea how I'd go about even locating a studio or art class in need of models. Ah well. Fingers crossed and eyes and ears open.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have considered applying for a model for art classes, as a way to earn some extra money. Now is my question if anyone here already has experience posing as a nude model?

I am afraid if I do it for girls of my own age I might get an erection while posing. I will apply for a different university than my own to avoid being recognized by fellow students, but still its quite a fear I have.

So if anyone here has some basic tips, I would appreciate that a lot.

<3

Max

I'd probably get a semi-. Which would look better in a drawing, as I am a grower, not a shower.

I'd probably not be able to pose anyway. Too hard to sit there not moving for so long, getting so cold.