One Embarrassing Moment...

24cm_member

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's long, but I think can be pretty funny. Any suggestions on what I can say or handle this should this ever happen again would be appreciated!

It was my good buddy's birthday over the weekend. We'd been friends since elementary school, drifted apart through University, and now we've started hanging out again. On the Saturday my buddy's girlfriend and I decide to take my buddy out for a night on the town at the local country bar and then to the local drinking hole, a surprise to him. For this, I break out my complete redneck regala, cowboy hat and boots. He doesn't know what's going on except his girlfriend said to keep the night open. I have everyone over to my place to party a bit before we go, and one of his friends shows up early. Being the host, we crack a couple beers waiting for everyone else to show up. He's a cool guy, but I didn't think much about it, wondering when everyone else is showing up, if there's enough food for the BBQ, etc.

Fast forward to later that night, we're all out at a local drinking establishment. Everyone's downed a couple drinks at this point, and people are starting to get a little uninhibited. A couple of us are in a both just off to the side of the dance floor, everyone else is up there, people are coming and going. I can't dance due to bum knees, so I'm chatting up a friend of the girlfriend. The friend leaves, and the guy who showed up early slides in beside me. We chat for a few minutes, then the conversation turns to this,

Him: "I really want you to take me home with you tonight..."
Me: "What?"
Him "I really, really want you to take me home, you really turn me on."

At this point I'm speechless. I've never been propositioned by a gay male before. When I finally gather my wits about me, I tell him:

"I'm sorry, but you're not for me."

Smooth, I know. His turn to say what?, which he does, lol, so I clarify that I'm completely straight. I figure at this point, things will be ok. A little mistaken identity, no big deal, we keep on enjoying the party. Instead, tears start welling up, and he runs right past the vixen I was talking to earlier. She then looks at me like I just shot someone! Time for damage control. I avoid the birthday boy, because at this point he's beyond hammered (partly my fault), so I go to his girlfriend. She goes and talks to the guy and her friend, comes back and tells me that he believes I turned him down because I don't find him attractive. The longest 30 seconds of my life, I explain that I'm completely and unequivocally straight, using her friend as my prime example. She's convinced, which is good, and walks over to her friend and the guy, explaining the situation. I wait a couple minutes, buy the guy a drink and ask that he doesn't hold a grudge. He doesn't and closer to the end of the night, after some apologizing on my part for being less than tactful, convinces the little blond vixen I was chatting up earlier to isolate me which leads to heavy making out, and eventually something that's for another thread...

Now it's the laugh of the party, led by the guy himself. At least it had a happy ending for all of us, it could've been a whole lot worse.

Last edited:

24cm_member

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry for the length, I'm a detail freak. Product of a Social Science education and the 20 page essays that every class seemed to have!