Open Showers

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Nah. That’d be too obvious. Those doors really don’t hide much. The picture doesn’t do it justice, but you can see a surprising amount of detail.
I hope not! Unless this is a gay gym, I don't think the point of showers is too provide entertainment for onlookers. There is a place and time -- and it's not at the gym.

Reactions: Jon1971

indyscotty

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It is just so odd how open showers or being naked in front of others is a 'bad' thing. We had open showers at every school I went to - both public and private, and at summer camp at summer camp as well. Camp even had open stool stalls, so you could see everyone in the shower room while you did your business. Great education and great to see the guys you thought about late at night, and how they compared to you or how they changed from the last year. My Y still has open showers, but lots of guys are quite shy.

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It's a completely different mindset today. There are still some young guys who are fine with getting naked in front of others -- mostly those in their own age group. A high school coach I know said his team prefers communal showers -- no separation. For any young (or mature for that matter) man who was never in a situation where he had to shower or change in front of others -- there would be a phobia.

Nito Cogin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The men in Berlin are becoming self- conscious about nudity in showers with other men. They wear underwear in the showers and put their hands over cock and balls when in shower. Things have changed.
Not at my gym, only a few Brits and Americans do the towel dance.

Goose_Eggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
My little neighborhood rec center. The only guys who use this shower are the older guys, usually 60+. But to my good fortune it’s usually the hung ones who still like showing off and you walk past to get to the urinals so it’s easy to catch a nice look :p

Attachments

FrankTO

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to play racquetball with my (hot and straight) roommate back at university, here in Canada, and of course the showers were communal - that was 40 years ago, yikes! As I'm 100% gay, being surrounded by naked hunks was unnerving at first but I never had a visible issue. I just memorized their bodies for future reference!

nakedbro

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some people first washing off the chlorine from the pool. That what I was taught. Now if that is true or a myth idk.
Yes, I agree that some do wash off the chlorine first but the ones I was referring to completed their shower with them on the entire time.

Reactions: ActionBuddy

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Fewer guys are showering at my gym post-Covid. I'd say about 1/3 of those who used to shower stopped. There are some guys, though, who will completely strip down in the LR in order to put on clean underwear -- or change into underwear for a workout -- and then change back. Some may do it to save time, but most probably want to avoid the showers -- even though they all have curtains.