Perspectives From The Million More March

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend THE MILLION MORE MARCH today. I would like to invite people to share first-hand accounts of the March, or discuss their views of the March as presented in today's news coverage.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I heard Jim Jones performed at the Million More March, and when he took stage they accidentally played the track with the curse words in front of thousands of black families.

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Oct 17 2005, 05:02 PM
I heard Jim Jones performed at the Million More March, and when he took stage they accidentally played the track with the curse words in front of thousands of black families.
[post=352594]Quoted post[/post]​

Glad to hear that it was just an accident. Also, I've been searching for links to the keynote speeches, might you have some suggestions?

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nah, I only saw Farrakhan's speech on C-Span. I wish more people got the chance to hear his speeches than prejudge him off the "anti-Semite" stigma. Not that the good minister isn't a full-blown retard in his own right-- but come the fuck on. A sound clip the news stations ran with was him charging the federal government with criminal neglect for their response to Katrina and how class action lawsuits need to be filed against FEMA and the Dept. of Homeland Security to ensure true action is taken. (He used a parallel of how a woman leaving her child in a hot car where the child died is charged with criminal neglect-- she's not intentionally trying to harm the child, but her neglect causes the harm, therefore she's responsible).

But the main point of the speech was building up the black (and Latino... a lot of *gasp* "black and brown" talk) economic and political base in this country, mainly through the creation of a new political party (nearly political system). He was big on creating "ministries" of health, defense, commerce, information and stressing that if this "ministry of information" had gained the political clout, we wouldn't be subject to the filtered and corporate media of AP, Reuters, etc.

The health angle was big on *sigh* Castro and Castro's offer for medical scholarships for black American youth. Education was a huge point also and pointing out how the school system is failing and needs, not reworking, but dismantling.

The whole commerce thing was, um, interesting, as he wanted the economic base, not only in America, but throughout Africa as well. And while it would be more difficult to start a clothing company from the ground up in the US, you can outsource the textile production and manufacturing to African nations, and market the product stateside providing labor on both continents and still funneling money into this economic and power well. :eyes:

I'm just hitting what I remember, shit was long and every time I try and look for any transcript, my computer freezes. Hopefully a transcript shows up somewhere.