Please wash your hands before leaving the men's room!

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not an extreme "germophobe," but recently I must admit that I have been shocked by seeing how many men leave the men's room without washing their hands.

This is shocking and disgusting to me, especially when we consider how many STDs and other diseases could be transmitted by unwashed hands after their owners have urinated or defecated.

So, guys, please--take a few seconds to wash your hands with warm water and soap. It's the decent--and sanitary--thing to do! Thanks! :smile:

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I took a food handling course awhile back. They stated that 30% of food handlers wash their hands after using the washroom. Do you know what the other 70% are doing? I don't give a rip if you wash or not; so long as you do not shake my had or make my sandwich.

rich-9.8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:confused: I don't think you arte likely to catch an STD from handling your own genitals, or from a toilet seat. That said, I still think it's pretty rank not to wash after either number ones or number twos.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a "washer," and always have been, but it always makes me laugh just a little. There was an ongoing "debate" about this issue in a section of our local gay newspaper. What I thought was so entertaining was that most of the ones who were so vocal about handwashing were also the ones you were most likely to find giving a quick blowjob in a dark corner. It's disgusting if you don't wash your hands after touching your cock, but he would put that same cock in his mouth without hesitation.

Things that make ya go "Hmmmm...."

pacificfiveoh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is this guy at work who i think is so damn hot.. well, once I was in the restroom at the mall.. i came in as he was at the urinal. He left without washing his hands and now i cant look at him without the first thing coming to mind that how disgusting he is. So yeah.. wash your damn hands.. quit bein lazy! :yikes:

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I did a food hygiene course once, and it was pretty shocking.

The tutor told us that they tested a bowl of peanuts that had been left on a bar in a pub..... and they found traces of urine from upto 30 different people!!!!!!!

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I did a food hygiene course once, and it was pretty shocking.

The tutor told us that they tested a bowl of peanuts that had been left on a bar in a pub..... and they found traces of urine from upto 30 different people!!!!!!!
In fairness, that's an 'oft quoted' piece of 'evidence'. You are however right, guy should always wash their hands after going to the toilet. What makes me most mad is that I *always* wash my hands after going to the toilet but I know I've got to pull open a door that 7/10 guys who went to the loo before me have handled the door handle not having washed their hands.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
I'm not an extreme "germophobe," but recently I must admit that I have been shocked by seeing how many men leave the men's room without washing their hands.

The state that many public (and some private) toilets are left in, it is no surprise that many guys choose not to wash their hands.

With the volume of people passing through them just how many germs do you pick up from touching door handles, soap dispensers, taps/faucets and other pieces of equipment that your hands normally make contact with in a toilet block? Many of these places are wiped down a couple of times a day at most and the rest of the time germs are left to fester. :rolleyes:

My genitalia gets a thorough wash at least twice a day. I suspect that there are far less germs to be picked up from my own tackle than from touching some of unsanitary fittings in public toilets. I judge whether to wash or not based upon my observation of the standards of hygiene in the establishment - I frequently choose not to touch anything in those places, I reserve the right to decide that my standards of hygiene are better than those of the establishment.

A few years ago there was an inspection of pubs and bars, in which samples were taken from some of the complimentary nuts and crisps placed in bowls on the bar surfaces. One of them showed 26 different strains of urine or faecal matter. I've never touched complimentary foodstuffs since! :yikes:

D_Andy_Whorewall

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the past couple years I've attended quite a few trade shows. Being in one place for 10 hours a day meant frequenting the mens room often. I'm a washer and have taught my kids to be washers. I was APPALLED to find that most guys did NOT wash their hands after ! Especially the younger guys. I always observe the bathroom rules to see who follows the rule and who doesn't.

AlbertCunning

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do manual labour. I don't wear gloves. This means I'm extremely rigid about washing my hands before I touch my privates. Afterwards I usually wash as well, but not for nearly as long, and I will mostly then only use water. My hands are usually very dirty by the time I visit the toilet(not oil or anything, just dirt), so I soap and wash thoroughly first and then take a littly courtesy-wash afterwards.

The only time I thoroughly wash my hands afterwards is when I shit on them.
And that happens only once or twice a week. TOPS!!

zaphod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For your own safety, wash you damn hands!

Police: Bloody Brawl Sparked Over Bathroom Hygiene

FORT WORTH, Texas -- A bloody brawl erupted outside a tavern after one customer thought another failed to wash his hands after using the bathroom, according to police.

One man was hospitalized with stab wounds. Another was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

According to a police report, the fight broke out Thursday after Eric Jennings Kisiah, 27, became upset about a customer's apparent hygiene failure at the Tumbleweeds Sports Bar.

Witnesses told police Kisiah confronted the customer and two of his friends, calling them names, telling them they were dirty and threatening to "slash their throats."

Kisiah then hid near a shrub outside the bar and charged the group as they left, the police report said.

One of the men, 25-year-old Morgan Jackson, was stabbed four times, police said. He was listed in good condition after surgery.

Kisiah was jailed in lieu of $20,000 bail. Mansfield Jail officials declined to let a reporter speak with Kisiah or say whether he had an attorney.

A call to the bar Friday went unanswered.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I always try to wash but sometimes it depends on the condition of the restroom. If it looks so crummy that I'm more likely to pick up something by touching the fixtures than not, then I'll try to clean them some other way after leaving the restroom (I keep hand sanitizer in the car).

My preferred facilities are the ones that have paper towels in them. Hate the blower dryers.

I'll usually wash, dry my hand with the paper towel, and open the door with the paper towel (tossing it into the waste bin after doing so).

I know this sounds nuts. But hey...

spartalee

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some stds can be transfered but it is highly unlikely you would have to have an infected person who just touched their dong to touch your hand (hanshake) then fairly imediatly touch your own dong..also those if you who dont wash beware I got no problem pointing you out especially if im in a crowed restroom and see a guy piss and walk out I yell HEY DUDE WASH YOUR HANDS. somtimes I yell shirt colors etc...lol and the funny thing is a few guys turn around and wash some give me the im gonna kill you look but Im a pretty big dude so no one messes with me. also crabs can llive on toilet aswell if only for a short time.

Also if your worried about touching stuff do what I do. go to the paper dispenser push the lever a few times get some paper to hang (toilet paper or the paper towels for drying) and let it hang beside you then turn on the water get your soap..do your thing get the paper dryoff then before throwing the paper away use it to turn off the faucit then chuck it. this way you never touch anything other than paper with you clean hands...if its the new air dryers and no paper...your screwed

pildydufic

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate when people do wash their hands. use warm water & wash for 20 seconds.learned that in cooking class.but i always had used hot water and 30 seconds. the paper thing i use to to open the door then toss it in the can

D_Peacocke Rimplougher

Experimental Member
Media
In Japan most of the wash rooms are totally automatic, you don't need to touch the taps or soap dispenser, the flusher etc. They are motion sensitive.

However, you do need to open the stall door, lock it or open the door to the bathroom. So lets face it, unless you are going to be uber clean and wear rubber gloves every time you go to the bathroom, then wash your hands in boiling water and ajax for 30 minutes, you are going to come into contact with other mens germs.

I'm fairly relaxed about it, but do hate it when I have to turn on a tap, knowing that it's probably covered in piss.

Actually, does anyone wash their hands if they haven't pissed on them? I'm guessing the 30% that wash their hands are the messy ones that piss on their hands.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
In Japan most of the wash rooms are totally automatic, you don't need to touch the taps or soap dispenser, the flusher etc. They are motion sensitive.

We are very slowly moving in the right direction here in the UK. Motion sensitive water and hot air dispensers are starting to appear but on many of these there is still an unnecessary lever for the soap. It's important as well that the hot air blower is EFFECTIVE. For many years they have been woefully inadequate, either producing a pathetic waft of hot/luke warm air, such that it would take ten minutes to dry your hands (and annoy everyone queuing behind) or they blow hot and then overheat and the thermostat cuts out, blowing cold air for the rest of the session. It was proven several years ago that these hot air blowers are generally insanitary (compared with paper towels - but obviously cheaper to run) because most people do not stay until their hands are properly dry and leave the toilet with moist or partially wet hands, still covered in bacteria. IMO they have never yet successfully replaced the cloth roller towel with anything effective - but replacement and laundry costs make those uncompetitive these days.

In many toilet cubicles now the flush is activated by an infra-red sensor, to avoid the need to touch anything.

The next step should, obviously, be to automate the entry and exit doors to avoid the need to make contact with a touchplate that has been touched by hundreds of bacteria-ridden fingers. All of our trains have automatic doors both inside and out nowadays, it shouldn't be such a problem to automate the doors to public lavatories - although in private establishments it may be a cost issue.

The problem of the cubicle door remains, however, and that of the toilet paper dispenser within the cubicle and the toilet seat. Just going for a pee, though, didn't ought to require touching any part of the furniture and fittings these days, during any part of the visit to the loo.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

However, you do need to open the stall door, lock it or open the door to the bathroom. So lets face it, unless you are going to be uber clean and wear rubber gloves every time you go to the bathroom, then wash your hands in boiling water and ajax for 30 minutes, you are going to come into contact with other mens germs.

I'm fairly relaxed about it, but do hate it when I have to turn on a tap, knowing that it's probably covered in piss.

Actually, does anyone wash their hands if they haven't pissed on them? I'm guessing the 30% that wash their hands are the messy ones that piss on their hands.

or it could just be the 30% of the people in the world that have respect for others?

i always wash my hands always, i think it's very unappropiate to not wash your hands...