post-circ tissue sensitivity (year after)

penisprobs

Just Browsing
Media
Anyone have this? I had my circ about a year ago (painful but happy with decision) and had this bit of scar-tissue which lingered for a while. Doc said it would fall off on its own.

This it did. However underneath, the tissue is very sensitive and errs on the side of pain (when having sex or receiving a bj).

Has anyone experienced this before?

I really don't want to go back for them to mess with it again :( I have been twice in the last two years and it just isn't nice having people messing with your thing - and it leaves you incapacitated in a way.

It's only a small area of tissue which seems to have built up (normal flesh colour) and is around 3-4mm in size. I will go to my doc, but hoping there is something else I can do or let it go naturally.

P.S. I don't have any sexual sensitivity issues in terms of the penis generally. Am very happy with the sexual sensation before anyone mentions the usual circ thing :p My circ wasn't really an option anyway :)

Last edited:

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Its kind of hard for anyone here to comment just by your description. Maybe you should post some pictures of the problem. Are you referring to your frenum as being the senstive part?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
sounds maybe like you've developed a flesh tag *a bridge of skin connecting the sulcus to the glan's corona* or maybe you have a keloid scar if the raised bit of skin is along the circ line.

a scar at the circ line can be treated with a couple of OTC products. scar solutions works really well.. but check for reaction before using on your penis. :smile: surgery usuallly won't help, since any cuts made into the skin will only cause more scar tissue. you could talk to your doctor about procedures to reduce the sensitivity... (cross your legs and hold your breath.. try not to pass out :eek:) sometimes botox is used to treat pain in scar tissue.

the skin tag will need to be treated by a doctor. usually the skin bridge is frozen off, kinda like a wart. no blood loss, less damage to surrounding tissue, the procedure can be done in office and recovery time in minimal.

without pictures is hard to tell.. if you don't wanna post pictures of your own tackle a similar image from google might help.

best advice going: talk to your doctor, but be your advocate.. let your doctor know you are not interested in surgery.

second opinions rock :smile:

penisprobs

Just Browsing
Media
sounds maybe like you've developed a flesh tag *a bridge of skin connecting the sulcus to the glan's corona* or maybe you have a keloid scar if the raised bit of skin is along the circ line.

a scar at the circ line can be treated with a couple of OTC products. scar solutions works really well.. but check for reaction before using on your penis. :smile: surgery usuallly won't help, since any cuts made into the skin will only cause more scar tissue. you could talk to your doctor about procedures to reduce the sensitivity... (cross your legs and hold your breath.. try not to pass out :eek:) sometimes botox is used to treat pain in scar tissue.

the skin tag will need to be treated by a doctor. usually the skin bridge is frozen off, kinda like a wart. no blood loss, less damage to surrounding tissue, the procedure can be done in office and recovery time in minimal.

without pictures is hard to tell.. if you don't wanna post pictures of your own tackle a similar image from google might help.

best advice going: talk to your doctor, but be your advocate.. let your doctor know you are not interested in surgery.

second opinions rock :smile:

Thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure it's not a skin tag, but could be scar tissue. I did have a bit in the same place before (bright red) and it went on its own. Now however it seems to have grown in the same place.

Doc didn't really know what it was and has referred me. I'm sure it's nothing serious (hopefully) but I am really stressed about it now. If it went away once and came back, it seems like it may keep doing it.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dude, if i had a penis and if that penis has a some odd-wasn't-there-before ouchie spot... stress is not the word to describe the feeling. blind panic and bartering with god might be close :tongue:

wish you luck with the docs, a quick resolve and a very easy recovery (if any... fingers crossed for it's nothing).

penisprobs

Just Browsing
Media
Well you seem to be pretty knowledgeable and sensible from your previous post, so i'm sure you woudn't pani blindly ;)

Actually I used to panic whenever I saw something weird on my body which I could not explain. GOOGLE DOES NOT HELP, lol. But 99% of the time it wasn't what I was afraid of and was easy to cure, so whilst this may fall into the 1% category, the odds are in my favour :tongue:

Just fucked off about the no sex part :frown1:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well you seem to be pretty knowledgeable and sensible from your previous post, so i'm sure you woudn't pani blindly ;)

Actually I used to panic whenever I saw something weird on my body which I could not explain. GOOGLE DOES NOT HELP, lol. But 99% of the time it wasn't what I was afraid of and was easy to cure, so whilst this may fall into the 1% category, the odds are in my favour :tongue:

Just fucked off about the no sex part :frown1:

google health is hypochondria meth... just messes you up in ways you can't even find on google health *shudder*

just think of all the fun y'll have making up for lost time :biggrin:

Sly Adey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Penisprobs

A year is not a long time when it comes to scar healing. Give it a couple more and if it is still a bother get it checked out. Your brain is rewiring itself to deal with the new sensations. It takes a while to make everything balance out again. ultimately that spot may be a favourite erogenous point. Relax. Ultimately your experience will reasure others travelling the same route.

How about showing a photo of what you are talking about?

infinity

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is going to sound crazy i know, but put your dick in some lukwarm tea twice a day for 5 or 10 minutes, believe me it'll help.

penisprobs

Just Browsing
Media
Hi Penisprobs

A year is not a long time when it comes to scar healing. Give it a couple more and if it is still a bother get it checked out. Your brain is rewiring itself to deal with the new sensations. It takes a while to make everything balance out again. ultimately that spot may be a favourite erogenous point. Relax. Ultimately your experience will reasure others travelling the same route.

How about showing a photo of what you are talking about?

To be honest I wouldn't mind so much about the pain, but it does swell during sex too. At the moment it's quite small and barely noticeable, but when aggrevated it doubles in size and does look like it may bleed.

I am seeing a urologist, but after reading up on it, as you say, it probably will go on it's own after quite some time. That's a alittle bit alarming for me, because i'd be put off if I were my partner seeing that.

This is going to sound crazy i know, but put your dick in some lukwarm tea twice a day for 5 or 10 minutes, believe me it'll help.

Really? What kind of tea? Green Tea? Peppermint?