Verified
Gold
Media
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Amazon never told me why my gay MPREG incest novels violated community standards, but six months ago, one of my more salacious bits of prose got blocked. Somebody at Amazon decided that gay erotica was fine, even gay incest passed muster. But if the guy gets pregnant...we’ll perhaps that was too much. My book was blocked and still lives in Amazon jail.

Luckily, I don’t back down. Once I realized that Amazon would never tell me the reason they banned it, I simply tried again a few months later. I broke it into four novels instead of one. I bought cliche’ covers off of Fiverr instead of designing them myself. I renamed them from “Daddy’s Boy” to “Appalachian Bred”. I got rid of subtitles using racy terms like ‘Knocked Up’ or ‘Birthin’ Babies’. I toned down my descriptions and keywords. But I didn’t change a single word of the writing. Needless to say, all four books got accepted and are available on Kindle Unlimited, along with everything else “Peter Schutes” has published.

If you have Kindle Unlimited, check out Appalachian Bred on Amazon.

Reactions: Brian S and ro20316

Brian S

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been doing a lot of research lately in order to self-publish some of my gay smut, and I've come to realize Amazon is a fickle, fickle mistress. LOL! (Typically, MPREG and incest are both topics they steer clear from.) But that's hilarious! If you're not already, check out the eroticauthors subreddit - some helpful, fun discussion there!