Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay maybe it's a bit naughty to ask, but I wonder ...

Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada, Australia, Head of the Commonwealth - a truly international figure. In Britain she is widely considered to have done an A1 job and has remained popular with a majority - unlike just about any politician.

George Bush has been elected by a democratic proces, but in an exceptionally divisive election. His subsequent policies have lost him supporters. If the US people want they can chuck out the Republicans next time, but are the Democrats so very different?

Who would you prefer to see as US head of state?

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Oct 2 2005, 09:53 PM
I'd like an accountable, responsible, intelligent person who was elected fairly. I'd also like a flying hippopotamus - which do you think I'm more likely to get? :eyes:
[post=348215]Quoted post[/post]​

The flying hippopotamus. :evilgrin:

Sabln7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I want a moderate--Democrat or Republican, but I am leaning toward any Democrat since the Republicans have screwed us over so much.

hungbig1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The queen doesnt do anything in the uk.
all she does is sit around and live off the taxes the rest of us here pay.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by hungbig1@Oct 3 2005, 09:03 AM
[post=348379]Quoted post[/post]​

Isn't it wonderful! When I look around the world at all the active leaders of nations who cause so many problems I reckon there is a lot to be said for benign inactivity. And the UK monarchy is much cheaper than say the costs of the French presidential system - let alone the enormous costs of the US system.

DerSchwanz

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Jason+Oct 3 2005, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jason &#064; Oct 3 2005, 07:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hungbig1@Oct 3 2005, 09:03 AM
[post=348379]Quoted post[/post]​

Isn&#39;t it wonderful&#33; When I look around the world at all the active leaders of nations who cause so many problems I reckon there is a lot to be said for benign inactivity. And the UK monarchy is much cheaper than say the costs of the French presidential system - let alone the enormous costs of the US system.
[post=348509]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
But the UK doesn&#39;t just pay for a monarch. It also pays for a prime minister. Surely they can run into some bucks -- sorry -- make that quid.

dlcs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Oct 3 2005, 08:24 AM
that&#39;s effectively what we got already, so what&#39;s the difference?
[post=348413]Quoted post[/post]​
I think the flying hippotamus is a member of the Green Party. He was Governor of Minnesota, remember?
We all tend to think some other country has it better than us. That&#39;s why I&#39;m starting my own.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Politics in the US have taken a Dirty Road.

They basically nominate themselves for positions, and its mainly a buddy-buddy system.

If you have enough money, you have power.

The last election we had just didn't have a strong representative from the Democratic party. In Addition to Bush buying the election.
We have the power of Impeachment, but sadly most americans don't have the guts to stand up against the current republicans in power.
Theyre worse than Mafia.

Let americans pray that we will survive the next 3 years of this horrible money hungry monster.

well_endowed

Just Browsing
Media
Jason said:
Okay maybe it's a bit naughty to ask, but I wonder ...

Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada, Australia, Head of the Commonwealth - a truly international figure. In Britain she is widely considered to have done an A1 job and has remained popular with a majority - unlike just about any politician.

George Bush has been elected by a democratic proces, but in an exceptionally divisive election. His subsequent policies have lost him supporters. If the US people want they can chuck out the Republicans next time, but are the Democrats so very different?

Who would you prefer to see as US head of state?

A1?!

If by "A1 job" you mean "no one actually gives a flying fuck about the whithered old cow" then you're spot on

well_endowed

Just Browsing
Media
hungbig1 said:
all she does is sit around and live off the taxes the rest of us here pay.

Trite, cliche and incorrect

No matter how indifferent the population of the UK may be towards her, for every £1 we sepdn on her, "she" brings in much more in dollar and yen

well_endowed

Just Browsing
Media
jonadkins said:
I have two words for those against the UK monarchy: President Blair.

Utter shite.

Just shut up you cretinous fuck and comment on something you know about

Most likely how to stick your finger up your anus

cspelts

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We have our Queen in America, And she should be President.. Oprah Winfrey.. With her Angel Network and wisdom she is only second in giving out of pocket next to Bill Gates. I might be mistaken, but I love her. My second choice would be Santa Clause.. He's the bomb!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays LPSG.. Thanks for the Laughs!! xoxox