Question for guys who sweat...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by nano750, Jun 17, 2010.

1. nano750

nano750 New Member

Okay, i'm sorry if this question is gross but I need to ask it. When I work out, I sweat a lot. More so in the underwear region and even more so on my ass...:rolleyes: What do you guys wear to the gym to help? Currently, I wear underarmor underwear as it pulls the sweat away which is nice because it helps with chafing but then it is just transfered to my workout pants. It can be quite embarrassing in the wrong kind of pants. Would I be better off in 100% cotton? Maybe a jock strap? Thanks in advance...

2. D_Uraniam Longhood

D_Uraniam Longhood Account Disabled

I would like to know this too as my ass is always sweaty (exercising or not).

3. nano750

nano750 New Member

Glad to hear I'm not alone on this...

4. latin_cock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Happens to me too...I just wear black pants lol I dont think anyone notices

5. wild_boy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think all men sweat from their ass when at gym, that's why you must always take towel and sit on it.
    I use my ordinary underwear, and putting them to dry before throwing to the laundry basket. :)

6. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    you can get some MMA shorts between compression shorts or underarmor and the mma ones you will still sweat just as much but you won't really be able to see it on the trunks, especially if you get black trucks

7. D_Wally Walnuts

D_Wally Walnuts New Member

I just sweat in my regular draws and sit on a towel.

8. big_tits4big_dicks

big_tits4big_dicks New Member

Hmmm, this sounds like a job for DuPont! I'm such a textile nerd. There are amazing fabrics for wicking moisture off your skin to keep it dry, I'm not sure if that would help. Maybe check out the internet for synthetic work out shorts? Cotton is a wonderful fiber, but I know serious athletes have to get their stuff somewhere!

9. B_R_I_E_F

B_R_I_E_F Member

I just avoid wearing the gray shorts and NEVER wear pants. Long shirts help to hide wet marks. Seems like you are doing everything you can to address the problem. Think you'll still sweat no matter what you wear.

10. catman

Gold Member

actually I think seeing a big burly man (or nicely built woman) sweating along the back and crack of the ass can be rather sexy.... would love to get my tongue down there...

and agree always take a towel

11. Torque8

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As a regular gym-rat, I either wear a jock or compression shorts (BCG) underneath Black (other colors are too revealing) UA or Nike Fit/Dry shorts. I gave up cotton and other fabrics ages ago. And yes, I sweat like a boar hog in heat especially during my cutting phases prior to competition.

12. neurotic_hedgehog

neurotic_hedgehog Active Member

Awesome thread guys. Thought I was the only dude who has ass sweat!

I get it bad at work when I'm stressed. So fuckin embarrassin!

13. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Yeah try being on the Gynecological table in stirrups and your ass sweats through that paper stuff they put on there. My ass gets glued to the paper everytime. I don't even have to be nervous.

But the material a lot of the clothing you can buy at places like Academy that is made out of the spandex material, especially the more expensive brands, is designed to wick away the sweat and not show up as big spots. It not only quickly removes it from the skin, but it also dries much quicker and keeps you over all dryer.

I sweat profusely and take meds for it, but i still sweat a lot in certain areas. Especially under my breasts and the crease of my thigh. It's very embarassing. But at the Gym, everyone is sweating if they are working out properly.

This is why my work outs consist of swimming.

14. incubus08

incubus08 New Member

Albums:
    I also have a sweaty ass (lol) especially while playing basketball. I usually wear a very thing pair of shorts over my boxer briefs. Nothing noticeable just some thin silk-like shorts.

15. pleasureboy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You can try using talcum powder to keep things dry. But for some reason a lot of guys actually benefit by lotioning everything down there up after getting out of the shower. I think it has something to do with overall skin health.

I'd try lotion first. way better for you and doesn't smell like baby powder.

Shaving everything also helps.

16. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    I use Sure for Men, the original spray and roll on. It really works for me.

17. pleasureboy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not sure I'd put deodorant on your balls and such. That could lead to too much aluminum entering your body as the membranes down there tend to much more freely transport things.

18. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sweating while working out? My goodness, doesn't it show that you're actually working out?

Just wear something. Use a towel to sit on to keep the funk off of the benches.

I don't use lotions or powders, and I even quit using antiperspirant. Just keep clean. That's what showers are for.

Clothing-wise, I now hate cotton. I don't like sweatpants or sweatshirts, either. Synthetics rule.

To keep the clothes from getting nasty afterwards, I do one of two things: air-dry as much as possible and as quickly as possible, or pack them into a plastic bag, squeeze all the air out, and wrap it shut. I hang them up as soon as I get home.

19. modulo

modulo New Member

Cotton garments are the *WORST* to wear if you sweat a lot. Cotton will hold on to whatever liquid touches it. Your best bet is to go with technical, moisture-wicking fabric that will pull moisture away from the skin to the outside of the garment so it can evaporate. It serves two functions, the moisture-wicking keeps you dry and the evaporation cools you down. I am a heavy 'sweater', too and that works for me.

#19 modulo, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted