Question for male athletes

FLScott72

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
For you male athletes, do you try to avoid sex/ejaculation prior to an athletic event? Would doing so take from your "game" by making you weaker or slower or is this just a myth that should be ignored? I am friends with several professional boxers who are told to avoid sexual conduct prior to a fight because doing so may weaken their legs and create a sluggish approach.

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think it's just a myth.

I play rugby most weekends and always have sex the night before and sometimes on the morning of a game as well.

I don't feel it adversely effects my ability on the rugby field.

B_Swimming Lad

Experimental Member
Media
It's not a myth but I think it only applies to some sports. In swimming we're told not to shoot the day of a race. Apparently if u havn't cum it makes you more tense and ready to go.
But with tennis you're allowd to shag as much as you like before a match and your game standard won't fall.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It is mostly a myth. There really is no physiological reason. Sex does not physically weaken a man. Even the most intense sexual encounter is not more than a moderate cardio workout. If a person says that you should avoid sex, they should also tell you to avoid any cardio exercises during a comperable period of time.

That being said, athletes are strange people. I ought to know! There may be a psychological reason. Some guys need that unreleased sexual energy/frustration to fuel their game. It isn't a physiological reason, it is a psychological reason, but that doesn't make the need less real.

In the end, it depends on the guy. If he feels he needs that sexual energy to fuel his game, then yes. It was never much of an issue for me, personally. However, I used other psychological tricks to better my game.

D

deleted20132

Yes, agreed, i swim, and avoid masturbation before it. Maybe its a good thing that i swim in the morning, at like 10am, so i dont have to wait too long for a good want, with all the horniness that got in me while i was swimming.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My legs feel a little weak after cumming because they contract hard during the orgasm. I try to avoid it within a few hours of doing something athletic.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i jerked before wrestling in hs. helped prevent problems on the mat. maybe a wrong move - i was not that successful, but i didn't want to spring to life during a match.

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For you male athletes, do you try to avoid sex/ejaculation prior to an athletic event? Would doing so take from your "game" by making you weaker or slower or is this just a myth that should be ignored? I am friends with several professional boxers who are told to avoid sexual conduct prior to a fight because doing so may weaken their legs and create a sluggish approach.

I made sure I always got off before my games I found I was more likely to get erect during my games if I didn't than if I did. I just didn't do it seconds before since clearly Id get sleepy. Within an hour always seemed to work for me I made better choices and played smarter I noticed I think it was a stress release.

bendigoboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't know whether it is the sex that is the problem, or the hanging around in nightclubs drinking until 2 am trying to pick-up on the night before a big competition!

:)

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think it's a myth... A few times in highschool or college, I'd have sex or jerk off the morning of an afternoon athletic contest of some kind, and it didn't seem to affect my (athletic) performance.

But I'd usually hold off sex a day or two before any contest, which really heightened the tension -- which I liked! I wanted to be a little "on-edge" and buzzed before starting. And the sex afterwards was always great! Probably all those worn-out muscles, hot shower, never quite get towelled-off wet hair thing.

I was a (bad) gymnast, played soccer, and rowed crew. So YMMV, depending on your sport.

D_DickDocToe

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a guy who's played baseball all his life I can tell you that my head was not in the game as much on days where I shot a load before hand.

Just Browsing
Media
playing football, i could notice the difference with how aggressive i was, so i didnt do anything the night before or day of a game

i assume its the same with stuff like boxing and wrestling