i always feel distressed when people hurt
keep well,i understand its one we have to let pass

my landlady just last night mentioned her MRI was all clear, pheew
shes so relieved she is going to put my thermal drapes up today ha

we all know how serious it can be when refferals reach that stage huh

Third migraine this week

thinking
cant like' the fact you have a migraine LF
I’ve had three MRIs and two CAT scans. Fortunately all clear, so just plain old migraines. Pretty chronic though. I hate them, but do my best to live with them and my employer is very understanding in letting me flex my work schedule around them. Otherwise I’d have to be on disability and I’d hate that! Plus, I have wonky health all the way around. But yay for Canadian health care and a positive attitude. Makes up for the all the poking, prodding, bags of meds, etc. I’m deeply fortunate to live somewhere I am supported by my country, my employer, my family and friends to work and live a productive and happy life.

Silbot.

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’ve had three MRIs and two CAT scans. Fortunately all clear, so just plain old migraines. Pretty chronic though. I hate them, but do my best to live with them and my employer is very understanding in letting me flex my work schedule around them. Otherwise I’d have to be on disability and I’d hate that! Plus, I have wonky health all the way around. But yay for Canadian health care and a positive attitude. Makes up for the all the poking, prodding, bags of meds, etc. I’m deeply fortunate to live somewhere I am supported by my country, my employer, my family and friends to work and live a productive and happy life.

Sadly, this sounds quite familiar. Topiramate (Topamax) was a godsend. It wasn't a magic bullet, but damn does it help. Glad you're in a good environment.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sadly, this sounds quite familiar. Topiramate (Topamax) was a godsend. It wasn't a magic bullet, but damn does it help. Glad you're in a good environment.
I’m on topiramate! It cut down on quite a bit of them, but I’m still really affected by weather. Extreme changes in temperature and rain or storms. Where I live, there can be some real extremes, which sucks. I just saw another neurologist (number 13) and she recommended Botox, so I’m checking into that. She says I have literally done everything.

Reactions: Silbot.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh yes i understand completely
geee that many Mris/Cats, well at least thats a real positive
think i have had 1 of each actually

fortunately i am/have been one of those who have been
blessed' so to speak with good health thruout, no matter what i had consumed earlier, food wise ha

and yes
we in NZ and Australia also have excellent free health care
it makes me so so MAD when those American head honchos dont get off there a....e and get the health care for its populace sorted
greedy money hungry for the top dogs only society

Plus, I have wonky health all the way around. But yay for Canadian health care and a positive attitude

Reactions: LaFemme

Silbot.

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’m on topiramate! It cut down on quite a bit of them, but I’m still really affected by weather. Extreme changes in temperature and rain or storms. Where I live, there can be some real extremes, which sucks. I just saw another neurologist (number 13) and she recommended Botox, so I’m checking into that. She says I have literally done everything.

I seriously hope it works for you. Weather has no effect on me, thankfully, but every food under the sun is a trigger. They just came out with a shot that I think you get 4x per year, but the cost in the US is $6400, and insurance here likely won't cover much of that, since it is brand new. Strong argument for being Canadian or European -- as if their charming and beautiful women were not enough. ;)

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I seriously hope it works for you. Weather has no effect on me, thankfully, but every food under the sun is a trigger. They just came out with a shot that I think you get 4x per year, but the cost in the US is $6400, and insurance here likely won't cover much of that, since it is brand new. Strong argument for being Canadian or European -- as if their charming and beautiful women were not enough. ;)
I’m lucky that red wine is my only food trigger. I can make do with white!

I think I’ve heard of those injections, but they aren’t available here yet. I’ll try just about anything. I did go to a pain clinic and they helped me learn to live with chronic pain. That and topamax, a touch of codeine and I manage ok.

Reactions: Silbot.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I hate my landlord. Hate is a strong word, used rarely by me, but in this case true. Getting a visit this week by said evil person which is going to lead to another argument on my “unauthorized” cat. Which was indeed “authorized” by previous landlord 12 years ago. Argh.

They only argue with me because I pay my rent on time and never cause any problems. They figure pulling an extra $500 for the cat will be easy. In the meantime, fighting with the drug dealers, hoarders, and riff raff around the corner takes way too much energy and the police and courts.

If only rent wasn’t so cheap here. Plus it’s never boring here! (Gotta love having a constant police presence!)

Reactions: rbkwp

Murphys

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

A friend of mine hand Botox treatments for migraines and had tremendous success. I wish you the same outcome.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
helps heaps when one can choose there landlord/friend,over others huh

plus
she/they have 3 cats
she 1
her man 1
her 16 yo boy 1

wants to get me a kitten, uhmmmm, no thanks
puppy for me please ha

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i 'like' short arse quotes, oten mean more
then again Novenber in this case equals the start of Summer down this way sooooo ha

DwiZ8H95WRhC8w6pln4-XkPgtF4H4jm8xkCD-6vaV5hGf-_RdH0yKpJUMUPAE6Tth7j-5IQN0Q=s0-d-e1-ft
November, n.: The eleventh twelfth of a weariness.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How can a school remove the book To Kill a Mocking Bird! Atticus Finch is an amazing character and shows what happens when mob rule takes hold. Oh and this reasoning it made people uncomfortable? That’s the point of the book!!!

Rant over!