Richard Madden (Robb Stark in GOT)

Trybogus01

Superior Member
Media
Drying up? He has back-to-back credits and appears to be consistently working in a profession where only 1% of performers are working in the profession.
View attachment 119071081
I'm sorry but those one-time, two-time episode appearances in some series doesn't make Matt Bomer a Hollywood mainstream actor.

Trybogus01

Superior Member
Media
Saw this post by Timmy is Himmy on a tiktok vid. Very jealous! Imagine being that close to the action :-D
View attachment 121398941
I don’t imagine Richard is fruity, he just seems “cutsie” in the way he is. Adorable, but still gets thousands of girls in the comments section of YouTube to fawn over him.
Wait are we talking fruity like secretly effeminate but hiding it, or just fruity as in gay? Obviously Richard likes men. I meant I don’t see him as secretly fem, just cute with his mannerisms
Fruity as in gay.
I've never known fruity as anything other than a slang for 'gay" So yeah, that. :joy: All gay men are considered "fruity",masc, fem or otherwise. At least afaik
I’ve heard both. Fruity was insult slang for girly guys when I was younger. It was slur-lite for men who weren’t manly enough
i thought "fruity" is not just gay but girly, flamboyant, effeminate, sometimes catty and bitchy, type of gay -- which I don't see Richard being one..

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm sorry but those one-time, two-time episode appearances in some series doesn't make Matt Bomer a Hollywood mainstream actor.
He isn't big in Hollywood per se, he's done more work in TV/stage but the point is he's still far more well known (more of a household name) than Madden is

Reactions: Genjinokimi

Trybogus01

Superior Member
Media
He isn't big in Hollywood per se, he's done more work in TV/stage but the point is he's still far more well known (more of a household name) than Madden is
Ehh... With the new gen, I think Madden has the edge. Looks, youth, appeal and charisma, he's got it! He is still that Hollywood heartthrob girls would love to see in movies while Bomer is that former heartthrob who came out as gay and prob broke a lot of hearts.

Reactions: Agent Zuckerguss

Eli Hale

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He is still that Hollywood heartthrob girls would love to see in movies
Kinda sad he decided to choose his fame and his work over the love and happiness he could have kept getting with Brandon or Froy. That's a empty sad life.

petedrumm

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Kinda sad he decided to choose his fame and his work over the love and happiness he could have kept getting with Brandon or Froy. That's a empty sad life.
Dude. He's an artist. Being an artist is all about making sacrifices. People involved in the arts can usually only find happiness with their craft, and that is usually their priority, everything else is second to it, including love, because after all, what they do is their love.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Dude. He's an artist. Being an artist is all about making sacrifices. People involved in the arts can usually only find happiness with their craft, and that is usually their priority, everything else is second to it, including love, because after all, what they do is their love.
I'm not taking some hard position in favor of either of you guys' take on this but... I will say that while your take can ring true in one sense, I can easily see that flipped on its head too where an actor could (and some certainly have) sacrificed having a bigger career for the sake of their personal joy or working on their craft as well [just in a less popular or mainstream sense]

For those guys (who came out) I think their love of the craft just manifested in a different way. I guess it's all a matter of perspective and individual priorities.

petedrumm

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not taking some hard position in favor of either of you guys' take on this but... I will say that while your take can ring true in one sense, I can easily see that flipped on its head too where an actor could (and some certainly have) sacrificed having a bigger career for the sake of their personal joy or working on their craft as well [just in a less popular or mainstream sense]

For those guys (who came out) I think their love of the craft just manifested in a different way. I guess it's all a matter of perspective and individual priorities.
Oh yeah 100%. Like most things in life it's based on individual choice, especially something as sensitive as coming out, which is a very individual thing even for people not in the public eye. In either case they all have their own reasons for coming out or staying closeted, and whatever it may be, it's valid.

hottoddie25

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Not to be rude, but Richard doesn't really have a bigger acting career. I kind of feel like his chances of becoming an A-list actor are dwindling. Younger actors like Timothee Chalamet, Austin Butler, Paul Mescal, etc. have kind of taken over that lane.

It could still happen, but not from being on a show like Citadel. He would need a star-making turn like being James Bond or something. I know he auditioned for Gladiator and didn't get the role. That would have been huge for him as well.

If he did come out as bisexual, I don't see him suffering any from that. He'd still have the same type of mid-level career he has now. I don't think he's gained anything from staying quiet about it.

He doesn't need to say anything of course. It's no one's business.

P.S. - I actually think he's way hotter than the three guys I mentioned above. He just hasn't broken through like they have.

Reactions: SmileyAA1

Eli Hale

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will say that while your take can ring true in one sense, I can easily see that flipped on its head too where an actor could (and some certainly have) sacrificed having a bigger career for the sake of their personal joy
This. And not only actors, singers and lot of other people too. Shawn Mendes for example, decided to cancel an entire tour and step away from music and the public eye in order to enjoy his life a little. Not everything in life is craft or work, as becoming a workaholic and alienating everyone, be it friends, couple, etc, for it, is wrong too.

Eli Hale

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not to be rude, but Richard doesn't really have a bigger acting career. I kind of feel like his chances of becoming an A-list actor are dwindling. Younger actors like Timothee Chalamet, Austin Butler, Paul Mescal, etc. have kind of taken over that lane.

It could still happen, but not from being on a show like Citadel. He would need a star-making turn like being James Bond or something. I know he auditioned for Gladiator and didn't get the role. That would have been huge for him as well.
He was even in a Marvel project and even that didn't help his career, because if even Marvel can't boost your career as it did with Barry for example, nothing will. So I agree that he's gonna stay with a sad mid-level career.

Reactions: SmileyAA1 and KNIK

imaxly

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ehh... With the new gen, I think Madden has the edge. Looks, youth, appeal and charisma, he's got it! He is still that Hollywood heartthrob girls would love to see in movies while Bomer is that former heartthrob who came out as gay and prob broke a lot of hearts.
He's British. He doesn't look young

Trybogus01

Superior Member
Media

If he did come out as bisexual, I don't see him suffering any from that. He'd still have the same type of mid-level career he has now. I don't think he's gained anything from staying quiet about it.

He doesn't need to say anything of course. It's no one's business.

P.S. - I actually think he's way hotter than the three guys I mentioned above. He just hasn't broken through like they have.
I don't consider any of those actors way bigger stars than Madden. Austin Butler may a one-time hit with Elvis but after that, what now? Paul Mescal may be getting some hype with the gays because of his recent gay movie/roles but he hasn't had any super box office hit movie or highly-streamed series/show yet. Timothee Chalamet, well maybe, since he's had a consistent presence and has been a cute heartthrob ever since. But Madden's Game of Thrones, Netflix Bodyguard, Rocketman, Prime Citadel and Eternals are still bigger and more remarkable bodies of work than whatever Austin or Paul ever achieved!

Caleb Trask

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't consider any of those actors way bigger stars than Madden. Austin Butler may a one-time hit with Elvis but after that, what now? Paul Mescal may be getting some hype with the gays because of his recent gay movie/roles but he hasn't had any super box office hit movie or highly-streamed series/show yet. Timothee Chalamet, well maybe, since he's had a consistent presence and has been a cute heartthrob ever since. But Madden's Game of Thrones, Netflix Bodyguard, Rocketman, Prime Citadel and Eternals are still bigger and more remarkable bodies of work than whatever Austin or Paul ever achieved!

Did you not see Normal People??? Mescal literally had the biggest breakout role of a lifetime, both he and Daisy Edgar-Jones were launched into the stratosphere and have each been handed stellar role after role since, some where they are the best things in the production.

They jumped from unknown to practically A-list, and while she was a bit overshadowed at awards time, Mescal won almost every major award for Normal People. He’s also has been nominated for best leading actor Oscar for a small obscure film, and males don’t tend to be nominated at that young of age in that category.

Regardless, his status will be set when the Gladiator sequel is released, even if it bombs.

m_r

Loved Member
Media
Did you not see Normal People??? Mescal literally had the biggest breakout role of a lifetime, both he and Daisy Edgar-Jones were launched into the stratosphere and have each been handed stellar role after role since, some where they are the best things in the production.

They jumped from unknown to practically A-list, and while she was a bit overshadowed at awards time, Mescal won almost every major award for Normal People. He’s also has been nominated for best leading actor Oscar for a small obscure film, and males don’t tend to be nominated at that young of age in that category.

Regardless, his status will be set when the Gladiator sequel is released, even if it bombs.
Just to add, as well as the Oscar nom he won a BAFTA for Normal People. He also played Stanley onstage in A Streetcar Named Desire, took the show to the West End and then won an Olivier award (UK version of a Tony) for it.

He’s not just getting cast because of his looks, he is a great actor.