Shadowball

Legendary Member
Media
Yup.
I have no idea what it's about, but you do. Do you know if there are kissing scenes and if yes, who's kissing who?
Yes! Or, well, I know about Torch Song Trilogy, which was a sequence of three one-act plays following a drag queen (later ex-drag queen) Arthur, at different points of his life. If you ran all three plays together, it ran for four hours!! Apparently the Torch Sing that Shah was in is a new version created a few years ago by Harvey Fierstein (who created the original and played Arthur in the original as well.) Apparently this version cuts enough material to tell both stories in around two and a half hours.

So Alan (Shah's character) appears in the second one-act, Fugue in a Nursery. He is Arthur's younger lover who is very attractive but a bit dim. The plot of Fugue in a Nursery has Arthur visiting Ed, his ex-lover, who is now married to a woman, Laurel. There are romantic scenes between Arthur and Alan and IIRC, there is one scene where Ed tries to hit on Alan behind both Arthur and Laurel's backs.

By the time that the third play, Widows and Children First! happens, it is years later and Alan has sadly passed away. Widows and Children First! focuses on Arthur's and Ed's romantic reconciliation (Ed being divorced by this time). Widows and Children First! also features Arthur's mother and David, a gay teen and former street kid that Arthur is fostering and preparing to adopt permanetly. The only romantic scenes in this are between Arthur and Ed.

(The first play, International Stud, is presented is an experimental fashion with a younger Arthur and Ed speaking in monologues to the audience, so there are no kissing scenes, but IIRC Arthur does mine getting railed by an invisible partner in the back room of a bar.)

Reactions: Jason GayLight

Jason GayLight

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes! Or, well, I know about Torch Song Trilogy, which was a sequence of three one-act plays following a drag queen (later ex-drag queen) Arthur, at different points of his life. If you ran all three plays together, it ran for four hours!! Apparently the Torch Sing that Shah was in is a new version created a few years ago by Harvey Fierstein (who created the original and played Arthur in the original as well.) Apparently this version cuts enough material to tell both stories in around two and a half hours.

So Alan (Shah's character) appears in the second one-act, Fugue in a Nursery. He is Arthur's younger lover who is very attractive but a bit dim. The plot of Fugue in a Nursery has Arthur visiting Ed, his ex-lover, who is now married to a woman, Laurel. There are romantic scenes between Arthur and Alan and IIRC, there is one scene where Ed tries to hit on Alan behind both Arthur and Laurel's backs.

By the time that the third play, Widows and Children First! happens, it is years later and Alan has sadly passed away. Widows and Children First! focuses on Arthur's and Ed's romantic reconciliation (Ed being divorced by this time). Widows and Children First! also features Arthur's mother and David, a gay teen and former street kid that Arthur is fostering and preparing to adopt permanetly. The only romantic scenes in this are between Arthur and Ed.

(The first play, International Stud, is presented is an experimental fashion with a younger Arthur and Ed speaking in monologues to the audience, so there are no kissing scenes, but IIRC Arthur does mine getting railed by an invisible partner in the back room of a bar.)
Thanks! I hope I can find more stuff to post))

Reactions: Shadowball